How we have forgotten, these men were my hero's growing up

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Last soldiers to truly die for our freedom   :saluting:

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That’s highly debatable

23 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

What did the Japanese do with this provocation?

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They warned america that what they did was an act of war. They were really given no choice but to attack 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s nothing to debate. It’s history. 

:lol: mmmkay

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Mine died in 98 but he never spoke about the war with us. He was in the Philippines. My dad always said he hated the japs so I was pretty nervous when my ex wife and I bought a honda. He said, "Everyone says those are great cars" :dunno: 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Mine was in Europe and Korea ....He nearly didn’t make it out of Korea 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So was my dad.

My grandfather was too, made it to 101 & 1/2..he was awesome!! Very cool we all know what they did, remember, and appreciate it..:bc:

IMG_20220706_194551109.jpg

• Like 5

• Gold Member
52 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They warned america that what they did was an act of war. They were really given no choice but to attack 

Spoken like a true Boomer . 

My Grandfather on my Dad's side fought in WW2 and I just recently connected with a cousin in London that told me there was a picture with my Grandfather in it at the London War Memorial in England for decades from D-Day. He made it home from the war and was a lorrie driver and stopped to check his truck load on a dark night and a cabbie let his young drunk fare drive the cab and rearended my Grandfather crushing him. My Dad never talked much about him so this was all news to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

My Grandfather on my Dad's side fought in WW2 and I just recently connected with a cousin in London that told me there was a picture with my Grandfather in it at the London War Memorial in England for decades from D-Day. He made it home from the war and was a lorrie driver and stopped to check his truck load on a dark night and a cabbie let his young drunk fare drive the cab and rearended my Grandfather crushing him. My Dad never talked much about him so this was all news to me.

its truly humbling the sacrifices that generation endured 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Oh fuck

27 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Spoken like a true Boomer . 

Last just war fought by the US was the revolutionary war. The rest were optional and had zero bearing on the union’s existence. WWII was conducted to acquire world dominance by the US. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Last just war fought by the US was the revolutionary war. The rest were optional and had zero bearing on the union’s existence. WWII was conducted to acquire world dominance by the US. 

Yeah but you are missing the Japanese link ....You are almost there just keep digging . 

37 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh fuck

31 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

imagine that , making it thru the War only to be killed by some drunk fuck :(

While it is a truly sad story I was happy to find out after 38 years. That's when my Dad left. Never heard that story in the 14 years I knew him. Made me proud of old Gramps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

While it is a truly sad story I was happy to find out after 38 years. That's when my Dad left. Never heard that story in the 14 years I knew him. Made me proud of old Gramps.

:ylsuper:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

America provoked the war. Plain and simple. America also had no concerns with what was happening in Europe. 

Plain and simple Japan attacked us which brings me back to my original  comment 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Plain and simple Japan attacked us which brings me back to my original  comment 

No. America was the aggressor. They leave that out of the history books. If china blockaded the trade routes and cut off America’s oil…..that would be an act of war. No difference with what happen with Japan. American fuckery has been going on of years. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No. America was the aggressor. They leave that out of the history books. If china blockaded the trade routes and cut off America’s oil…..that would be an act of war. No difference with what happen with Japan. American fuckery has been going on of years. 

Trade embargoes and sanctions on Japan because?