Ford lightning vs gas towing test

1 hour ago, ACE said:

And nobody is forcing you to defend a garbage can truck either yet here you are!

I think they will make a great work truck most guys don't put on 200mi a day in a service truck or a tool box you drive to the job . 

Even metro delivery guys don't put on 300 a day 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

that’s the extended range battery that cost 10k more so what’s the normal battery go 30-40 miles towing that trailer I’d barely make it to work 😂

You tow a trailer to work?

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s pathetic 87 miles 😂. I’d bet even not towing it gets no where near that 300 mile range they claim it rated for. 

They don’t. 

Just now, ACE said:

Not sure why you’d want an $80,000 paperweight 

Not sure why you're so triggered about it.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Who goes camping in the winter? 

Parking lots full of guys in forest service lots out west every weekend . Rabbit ears pass is a massive party every weekend in the winter . Some real sweet rigs up there after a big dump . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I think they will make a great work truck most guys don't put on 200mi a day in a service truck or a tool box you drive to the job . 

Even metro delivery guys don't put on 300 a day 

80 grand 

if it’s just a work truck and a 1/2 ton will do, you could get one for 35 grand 

give you about 200,000 miles of gas money right there 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

38k msrp for the work truck 

Same with the shitty chev coming out this time next yr they say any way 

That’s with the lower range battery no? That thing won’t even go 150 miles on a charge. Towing anything or any weight in the bed forget it next to nothing for range.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

80 grand 

if it’s just a work truck and a 1/2 ton will do, you could get one for 35 grand 

give you about 200,000 miles of gas money right there 

I don't buy loaded work trucks ever . That is a suckers bet . Xlt or big horn at most .hell fully loaded trucks are suckers bets even for mall crawlers.  I will say it is nice ridding 14 hrs in a limited with massage seats but not 100k out of my pocket nice .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s with the lower range battery no? That thing won’t even go 150 miles on a charge. Towing anything or any weight in the bed forget it next to nothing for range.

I think they are 250 rated so call them 180 with a topper and 1000lbs in it . Still more than most guys need in a work day .

I would buy one if there were any around . But would never pay the bullshit  markup going on right now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't buy loaded work trucks ever . That is a suckers bet . Xlt or big horn at most .hell fully loaded trucks are suckers bets even for mall crawlers.  I will say it is nice ridding 14 hrs in a limited with massage seats but not 100k out of my pocket nice .

If and when they make a 250 or a 350 and have respectable range towing, you'd have to be an idiot Not to get one.

Just now, Steve753 said:

If and when they make a 250 or a 350 and have respectable range towing, you'd have to be an idiot Not to get one.

Not going to be for a long long long time . Prob could not even use one with road restrictions lol . Sadly prob not even a joke 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Not going to be for a long long long time . Prob could not even use one with road restrictions lol . Sadly prob not even a joke 

Only time will tell. My next vehicle for my wife will definitely be a Tesla. Not sure when. Pisses me off how much money brother is saving on fuel.

• Haha 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Only time will tell. My next vehicle for my wife will definitely be a Tesla. Not sure when. Pisses me off how much money brother is saving on fuel.

The real fucking is yet to come when every one has a ev in the garage and the power company's start sticking it in dry and hard 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I think they are 250 rated so call them 180 with a topper and 1000lbs in it . Still more than most guys need in a work day .

I would buy one if there were any around . But would never pay the bullshit  markup going on right now 

I just looked it up 230 so ya your probably right 180ish. Those guys should do a range test of the base battery with the bed loaded with tools and shit and couple guys in the truck see what it gets that be interesting.

Just now, Ez ryder said:

The real fucking is yet to come when every one has a ev in the garage and the power company's start sticking it in dry and hard 

True true. I don't think he's ever used a commercial charging station for his yet. He charges at home and at his cabin only from the sounds of it.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So when they’re 2-3x better than they are now?

neat 

Just now, Not greg b said:

You can put sleds in a toy hauler. 

Good way to destroy a toyhauler. They're built like garbage already and now add salt into the mix.

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I just looked it up 230 so ya your probably right 180ish. Those guys should do a range test of the base battery with the bed loaded with tools and shit and couple guys in the truck see what it gets that be interesting.

I don't think the weights matter as much as the aero . Good aero topper with out a ladder rack I don't think it would effect range a whole lot .

I do know speed kills range . The cross country video those guys did proves that and they were only rolling 80 . Fuck I roll 80 as the norm all over the metro . If on the open highway I bounce of the limiter regularly . At lest 1 time a mo . A lot less now that I sold my cabin I would bounce of the limiter at least 4 times a week then . 

• Like 1