What's your opinion on this statement?

• Gold Member

I think anyone under 40 doesn’t even know what a life without internet and a cell phone is like. Hell I remember being taught about internet and how to use google for searches in 5th grade computer class (late 90s) I do know for me I definitely will not be giving up my cell phone. I don’t need to be using pay phones or running into stores to use a land line.

• Like 2

More Addictive than crack.  Pretty interesting yesterday. Had the whole family over,  the little ones were going crazy.  Swinging, fighting, running, jumping on everyone.   Daughter gets sick of yelling at them and out comes the tablets .  Instant zombies!   Oblivious to everyone and everything. More bad than good imo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Although impossible to do, kids say under 16 should not have access or limited access to social media. 360 24/7 access they have now is providing enough evidence that it is detrimental overall to there development of being well rounded individuals. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Although impossible to do, kids say under 16 should not have access or limited access to social media. 360 24/7 access they have now is providing enough evidence that it is detrimental overall to there development of being well rounded individuals. 

Most grown  adults can not handle the internet.  What do  you think it does to children with developing minds and no impulse control? 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

More Addictive than crack.  Pretty interesting yesterday. Had the whole family over,  the little ones were going crazy.  Swinging, fighting, running, jumping on everyone.   Daughter gets sick of yelling at them and out comes the tablets .  Instant zombies!   Oblivious to everyone and everything. More bad than good imo.  

Sounds like its on your daughter then.

My kids had a tablet free weekend. 

Boating helps. No Wifi at the sandbar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Sounds like its on your daughter then.

My kids had a tablet free weekend. 

Boating helps. No Wifi at the sandbar. 

Oh for sure.  We had the grandkids out on the boat all day.  No tablets are coming with them.  Just pointing out what a dramatic  behavior effect these screens have on young minds. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Cold War said:

Oh for sure.  We had the grandkids out on the boat all day.  No tablets are coming with them.  Just pointing out what a dramatic  behavior effect these screens have on young minds. 

oh ya my kids are zombies with em also.. sometimes it pisses me off and sometimes you just want them out your hair so it is easier to just give in. I get it. 

But I remember as a kid in the 90s with Nintendo and TV it was basically the same...some kids just get glued in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Our grandkids are brutal.(10 and 11). The girl (11) said her life sucks and she has nothing to do and she's bored. She's jumping/diving off their dock and is an awesome swimmer and can do that anytime as they live on the lake. Her tablet got broken when she took it to her friend's place which was not allowed and now she's whining like it was her parent's fault and her dad's telling her he'll get it fixed. As far as I'm concerned she abused the rules and if she can't handle that it's too bad.

• Like 3

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Our grandkids are brutal.(10 and 11). The girl (11) said her life sucks and she has nothing to do and she's bored. She's jumping/diving off their dock and is an awesome swimmer and can do that anytime as they live on the lake. Her tablet got broken when she took it to her friend's place which was not allowed and now she's whining like it was her parent's fault and her dad's telling her he'll get it fixed. As far as I'm concerned she abused the rules and if she can't handle that it's too bad.

my 11 year old thought she lost her Iphone at the mall on friday...

should of seen that meltdown. :lol:

Walked around for a hr looking for it and she realizes its in her backpack the whole time. it was a valuable lesson of Self responsibility :lol:

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Oh man - the little woman's daughter is 18 now, and anytime something happens, its not her fault, it is moms.  

She's learning some hard lessons right now.  She is very smart, so we know she has it in her (Like most kids) but man, this lack of self awareness and self responsibility is off the charts with some kids these days.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Oh man - the little woman's daughter is 18 now, and anytime something happens, its not her fault, it is moms.  

She's learning some hard lessons right now.  She is very smart, so we know she has it in her (Like most kids) but man, this lack of self awareness and self responsibility is off the charts with some kids these days.

Yep. Half the problem is Parents being too soft. I see it with my friends kids. 

When my Kids fuck up I make it clear and they know it. No sugar coating or pushover crap in my house from Me or my Wife. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

There's no denying the kids aren't  stupid but the blaming shit is unreal. Their house was just painted and the 10 year old boy keeps touching the walls after repeatedly being told not to. I put twenty 4x4 posts,rope and solar lights on my dock and the 1st kid whether grandkids or friends kids try and swing or even touch the posts I'll lose it on them. I didnt do it as a playground for them

26 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A friends kids lol. She now knows why there was no noise coming from the bedroom lol

FB_IMG_1657051484152.jpg

FB_IMG_1657051496112.jpg

I don’t hear anything….you better go check on them.  :lol:

• Haha 1