How much time and money does it take to drive a Ford lightning across country

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I think you need a little more time with your dictionary friendo. That’s like saying orange juice is a false virtue because it has vitamin c

I’m not the one pretending that drinking orange juice with pulp makes me a better person tbh 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

People of science— “electric vehicles have some major issues and need to improve”

Radical leftists—- REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Personally I have no issues with electric vehicles.... my issue is the moral preening that seems to permeate the owners...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Personally I have no issues with electric vehicles.... my issue is the moral preening that seems to permeate the owners...

Agreed. As long as it remains an open market and the consumers choice people can buy whatever they desire. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Agreed. As long as it remains an open market and the consumers choice people can buy whatever they desire. 

Europe is pushing for all electric by 2035. Cafe standards for mileage will put us there too. Do the right thing, buy an electric car!!!!!1!!!1!!!

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Europe is pushing for all electric by 2035. Cafe standards for mileage will put us there too. Do the right thing, buy an electric car!!!!!1!!!1!!!

Is that a ruling by the EPA that can get overturned by a certain recent Supreme Court decision? :pc:

58 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you decide to make it that....for some people they are a good transportation option. Also I like the fact that a stupid Tesla absolutely smashes the fastest production car Chevy ever made by a wide margin.

Fast EVs are boring & nobody gives a fuck 

10 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Fast EVs are boring & nobody gives a fuck 

Says the guy that has obviously never driven one.

As for the truck, that is odd...but a daily car to rip to the grocery store or what not eVs are perfect for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Generator and 4 gas cans in the bed. Charge while you drive. Simple solutions guys.

:lmao:

Yes, . . .  A Diesel Electric hybrid!  Just put  the Miller Bobcat  welder in the back + get 50 amps constantly....

Instant charge station with out waiting or looking for a station  :thumbsup:

Creative American ingenuity  . . .

Edited by ICG
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Says the guy that has obviously never driven one.

As for the truck, that is odd...but a daily car to rip to the grocery store or what not eVs are perfect for.

I think most would agree for a racing aspect. 

EVs are great for a lot I'm sure. 

I am interested in the EV's from an economic standpoint. I have 8 trucks on the road everyday. Fuel and maintenance are big expenses. With what we spend on fuel in a year we can put solar panels on our roof to charge them. Until the govt implements the mileage tax we could make out on this. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You know EV's were invented before the ICE?

That’s fine but it was a meme directed at Fordy as a bit of a laugh…you can take the day off.🤣

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am interested in the EV's from an economic standpoint. I have 8 trucks on the road everyday. Fuel and maintenance are big expenses. With what we spend on fuel in a year we can put solar panels on our roof to charge them. Until the govt implements the mileage tax we could make out on this. 

I have a project manager I work with a lot. He has a 3 but bought it a few years ago when they were not the new fad car. He gets a car allowance and it’s been working out well for him financially. But he also lives in Elk Grove,so he is kinda centrally located for his account base. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have a project manager I work with a lot. He has a 3 but bought it a few years ago when they were not the new fad car. He gets a car allowance and it’s been working out well for him financially. But he also lives in Elk Grove,so he is kinda centrally located for his account base. 

90% of our jobs are in the Chicagoland area so it would work out bigly. The jobs in Champaign and Indy might require a layover. 

Just now, Anler said:

90% of our jobs are in the Chicagoland area so it would work out bigly. The jobs in Champaign and Indy might require a layover. 

Grab a Ryder a few times a year. Or just keep a few gassers around. The new woke bus and truck plant in Joliet should be spitting out trucks by early next year???? I think it’s still a long ways out. Fucking Amazon can’t get the electric trucks they ordered years ago. 

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Plus they don't make nice vroom vroom sounds.

Exactly. Quiet drag races don't sound much fun...

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s fine but it was a meme directed at Fordy as a bit of a laugh…you can take the day off.🤣

We would be good with one EV in our household. They cost way too much ... & nobody can answer how long the batteries last it seems.