How much time and money does it take to drive a Ford lightning across country

If they were not jacking prices 20k + for the xl work truck I would buy a base line for a work truck this week . But every dealer is jacking the shit way up.  I taked to a chev dealer few weeks back . They can't guerntee a price on thete new one for next yr . Not even a 10g window . So you pretty much give them 100 bucks for zero delivery time window or a price you will pay . Merca 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

If they were not jacking prices 20k + for the xl work truck I would buy a base line for a work truck this week . But every dealer is jacking the shit way up.  I taked to a chev dealer few weeks back . They can't guerntee a price on thete new one for next yr . Not even a 10g window . So you pretty much give them 100 bucks for zero delivery time window or a price you will pay . Merca 

Looks like the range and charging time are total garbage 

Just now, ACE said:

Looks like the range and charging time are total garbage 

Yeah but for a work truck it would be fine for me would not even buy a extended range battery . No need 

I would still own a few gas trucks . 

I would not but one as my non work truck . That would just be fucking horrid attempting to yank a trailer full of sleds or pulling the toy hauler with a quad in the bed and a sxs in the camper . Don't think there are enough charging stations or hrs in the day to get to the trails 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Perfect truck for 80% of buyers. 

80% ? I don't see it at least  50% of truck buyers tow from time to time .and when they do they go much further than 100mi . I think the f150 hybrid is  better suited for the said 80%.

But I would say 80% of fleet pu trucks it us perfect for and 80% of work trucks it is perfect for . Most don't go that far and park in a shop or at home 3very night 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

80% ? I don't see it at least  50% of truck buyers tow from time to time .and when they do they go much further than 100mi . I think the f150 hybrid is  better suited for the said 80%.

But I would say 80% of fleet pu trucks it us perfect for and 80% of work trucks it is perfect for . Most don't go that far and park in a shop or at home 3very night 

According to a study conducted in 2019, consisting of 250,000 persons, 75% of truck owners use their truck to tow about once a year and just 35% of owners actually haul something more than once a year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

According to a study conducted in 2019, consisting of 250,000 persons, 75% of truck owners use their truck to tow about once a year and just 35% of owners actually haul something more than once a year.

Bull shit . Toyota and Nissan poss 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Ford will sell everyone they build. Meanwhile GM sucks ass.. 

Gm is bragging up there new battery in there pitch ? They are saying under 40k for a work truck but won't guerntee it if you reseve . Ford will say under 40 but is not holding dealers to the msrp . Even making the consumer sign a will not sell with in a yr after ducking them for a extra 20k . Fuck any one playing that game . Great if some sucker wants to play it but I will never shop at morries again in my life and I have gotten 5 new trucks there in the last 15 yrs . Never again . 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah but for a work truck it would be fine for me would not even buy a extended range battery . No need 

I would still own a few gas trucks . 

I would not but one as my non work truck . That would just be fucking horrid attempting to yank a trailer full of sleds or pulling the toy hauler with a quad in the bed and a sxs in the camper . Don't think there are enough charging stations or hrs in the day to get to the trails 

Wait till you see the towing range 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Generator and 4 gas cans in the bed. Charge while you drive. Simple solutions guys.

:lmao:

That would have to be quite a generator.

I'd also worry about the battery. 

I'd want to see factory testing of say jamming 50 kw/h in while pulling 50 kw/h out.

My guess is it would not like it one bit.

As I have made mention, did 7,500 miles in 13 days going across the country and back... that includes national parks, attractions, points of interest, all that crap. From the time we got to Arizona it was all on the fly with no real plans. That is something you would (realistically) not be able to do.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Snake said:

As I have made mention, did 7,500 miles in 13 days going across the country and back... that includes national parks, attractions, points of interest, all that crap. From the time we got to Arizona it was all on the fly with no real plans. That is something you would (realistically) not be able to do.

bold is the best plan

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

bold is the best plan

Best part was not having to worry about if the hotel we stayed at had charge capabilities.

When in Lake Havasu we were given a hotel recommendation by 'a local' I know. Right where we wanted to be in respect to the area. When asked what to do were we needing a charge, an EV expert told me 'Stay at the hotel up the street that has the charger'.

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Said it once, I'll say it again...

When you buy an EV, you are not just buying a car, you are buying a lifestyle.

You’re buying a false virtue 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

You’re buying a false virtue 

If you decide to make it that....for some people they are a good transportation option. Also I like the fact that a stupid Tesla absolutely smashes the fastest production car Chevy ever made by a wide margin.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you decide to make it that....for some people they are a good transportation option. Also I like the fact that a stupid Tesla absolutely smashes the fastest production car Chevy ever made by a wide margin.

This is a good example of people making it solely a false virtue

1 minute ago, ACE said:

This is a good example of people making it solely a false virtue

I think you need a little more time with your dictionary friendo. That’s like saying orange juice is a false virtue because it has vitamin c