Bernie

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are probably one of the libs that would rally against EV tax credits that those in the middle class get if they buy an EV that allows them to keep more of their money.  

Oil companies pay less percentage of their income in taxes then icy of the individual tax payers that actually pay in

Man, when you are a hammer every problem is a nail... :lol:

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are probably one of the libs that would rally against EV tax credits that those in the middle class get if they buy an EV that allows them to keep more of their money.  

Oil companies pay less percentage of their income in taxes then icy of the individual tax payers that actually pay in

Name the tax credit and I will tell you if I was against it.

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

BTW, sorry if you are one of these middle class voters.

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, Snake said:

Man, when you are a hammer every problem is a nail... :lol:

They make battery powered tools to drive nails.  Hammers have been replaced by better tech

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Nobody should be allowed to break trump's record. 

Build back better and the infrastructure and the rescue plan were on top of the fiscal budget....

33 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Build back better and the infrastructure and the rescue plan were on top of the fiscal budget....

Trump bragged about wanting to borrow $2 trillion for that. 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

EV tax credit

Residential solar tax credit

There is nothing in those tax credits that base on personal income.  So how is that just a middle class tax credit?

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There is nothing in those tax credits that base on personal income.  So how is that just a middle class tax credit?

It’s a tax credit to the 47% that are net payers of federal income tax.  It doesn’t apply to the 53% that are poor or lower middle class that already pay $0 in federal income tax.

Edited by BOHICA

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

They make battery powered tools to drive nails.  Hammers have been replaced by better tech

Every framer and trimmer still has one on his belt all day every day . 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

Trump bragged about wanting to borrow $2 trillion for that. 

Okay well that's 1/3  of the total as described...

Either way I'm not a spending enthusiast. I wanted to sign on to the penny plan, now it's 6cents. 

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-rand-paul-introduces-six-penny-plan-balance-federal-budget-five-years

6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

EV tax credit

Residential solar tax credit

Can't pick winners and losers....so upper income get 7500.00 ev credit and 28% solar for their house credit. Why should lower income tax payers subsidize this?

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Can't pick winners and losers....so upper income get 7500.00 ev credit and 28% solar for their house credit. Why should lower income tax payers subsidize this?

How do lower income subsidize this??  Lower incomes pay $0 income tax so they are not subsidizing this

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

How do lower income subsidize this??  Lower incomes pay $0 income tax so they are not subsidizing this

I don't me that lower....I mean the middle class lower. They don't tend to buy EVs or put solar on their roofs. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

I don't me that lower....I mean the middle class lower. They don't tend to buy EVs or put solar on their roofs. 

Non refundable Tax credits are not subsidies.  Nobody pay more in income tax to cover the credits. 

54 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Non refundable Tax credits are not subsidies.  Nobody pay more in income tax to cover the credits. 

Whatever....the govt is subsidizing solar with tax credits. However you do the mental gymnastics that's your deal. I know that if he didn't give these credits I might be able to pay less in taxes. It's one pot...is a child credit a family subsidies? 

3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Okay well that's 1/3  of the total as described...

Either way I'm not a spending enthusiast. I wanted to sign on to the penny plan, now it's 6cents. 

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-rand-paul-introduces-six-penny-plan-balance-federal-budget-five-years

He’s a lonely guy on this. Don’t see anyone else in the loop talking about balancing the budget. Should be a yuge priority.,

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Whatever....the govt is subsidizing solar with tax credits. However you do the mental gymnastics that's your deal. I know that if he didn't give these credits I might be able to pay less in taxes. It's one pot...is a child credit a family subsidies? 

Is the child tax credit a refundable or non refundable credit?

6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Is the child tax credit a refundable or non refundable credit?

Clearly refundable, yet both lower your tax liability.  Still missing the point though...why should tax payers help offset the cost of your solar panels or EV? 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Clearly refundable, yet both lower your tax liability.  Still missing the point though...why should tax payers help offset the cost of your solar panels or EV? 

Non refundable just lowers your taxation It doesn’t cost anybody anything as you can never get back more then you pay in.  No other taxpayers money goes towards paying the non refundable credits.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Non refundable just lowers your taxation It doesn’t cost anybody anything as you can never get back more then you pay in.  No other taxpayers money goes towards paying the non refundable credits.

So how is the reduction in tax revenue made up?

More taxes

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Doug said:

So how is the reduction in tax revenue made up?

More taxes

Then why did Trump lower taxes on businesses and individuals?  Mostly rich benefitted from the Trump Tax cuts.  Who makes up the lost revenue of all those?

Edited by BOHICA