Eurozone inflation rises to 8.6 percent, the highest ever, driven by high energy prices

Eurozone inflation rises to 8.6 percent, the highest ever, driven by high energy prices

Source: The News Times 

Record energy prices drove the inflation rate across the countries using the common European currency to 8.6 percent in June, as the fallout of the war in Ukraine and the economic conflict it has sparked between Russia and Western Europe continued to bite. 

Nearly half of the 19 countries in the eurozone have now reached double-digit inflation, figures released Friday by Eurostat, the European Union’s statistics agency showed. The overall rate was the latest record high since the creation of the euro in 1999. 

Many of the countries have depended heavily on Russia as a source of fossil fuels to run their economies and heat their homes. But the amount of energy, especially natural gas, flowing to Europe from Russia has been largely reduced by more than half since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24, driving prices to record levels and leaving European governments scrambling for a solution.

Read more: https://tnewstimes.com/2022/07/01/business/eurozone-inflation-rises-to-8-6-percent-the-highest-ever-driven-by-high-energy-prices/ 

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Today marks the first day of the USA recession.  Two negative quarters, crickets.

Gonna be some good deals soon on a lot of different stuff. :) 

16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Record energy prices drove the inflation rate across the countries using the common European currency to 8.6 percent in June, as the fallout of the war in Ukraine and the economic conflict it has sparked between Russia and Western Europe continued to bite. 

Nearly half of the 19 countries in the eurozone have now reached double-digit inflation, figures released Friday by Eurostat, the European Union’s statistics agency showed. The overall rate was the latest record high since the creation of the euro in 1999. 

Many of the countries have depended heavily on Russia as a source of fossil fuels to run their economies and heat their homes. But the amount of energy, especially natural gas, flowing to Europe from Russia has been largely reduced by more than half since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24, driving prices to record levels and leaving European governments scrambling for a solution.

Read more: https://tnewstimes.com/2022/07/01/business/eurozone-inflation-rises-to-8-6-percent-the-highest-ever-driven-by-high-energy-prices/ 

This should help get energy prices even higher . Your fucking hero 

Screenshot_20220701-230139_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Mass famine and starvation from the grain shortage....thank God we are not Africans 

93% of the fields in the Ukraine were planted....harvest and transport however may get fucked.

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

93% of the fields in the Ukraine were planted....harvest and transport however may get fucked.

Nothing is leaving the black sea....unless Russia gets eastern Ukraine 

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Hopefully it’s like 2008 when I paid 6k brand new for a 11K sled.

Sleds are not Environmentally friendly. Democrat voters are no longer allowed to buy them. And with Global warming also gonna be no snow. Sorry Boomer. 

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sleds are not Environmentally friendly. Democrat voters are no longer allowed to buy them. And with Global warming also gonna be no snow. Sorry Boomer. 

Sleds are more environmentally friendly than atvs. They get banned first.

• USA Contributing Member
On 7/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, Mainecat said:

• USA Contributing Member
7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't think they are laughing at Trump anymore.

Trump acted like an asshole at times but for him to tell Germany “Your fucked!” right to their face took balls.

The war in Ukraine shows how weak Europe is in leadership. 

We’re not that far behind with our anti oil company president and electric school bus bitch vp.

Maybe coal will make a comeback this winter. 

How stupid our leadership is, you would think they would take a serious look at industry and see where technology really is before they talk. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, spin_dry said:

Gonna be some good deals soon on a lot of different stuff. :) 

Shit is not selling like it was . I know a lot of guys with shit for sale that keep dropping prices and still. O takers . Not junk or overpriced . Deff not a yr ago or even 6 mo ago .

People are waking the fuck up and holding a few bucks to brace for impact 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Shit is not selling like it was . I know a lot of guys with shit for sale that keep dropping prices and still. O takers . Not junk or overpriced . Deff not a yr ago or even 6 mo ago .

People are waking the fuck up and holding a few bucks to brace for impact 

After vacation season ends shits going to get real. A lot of people planned and paid for their vacations ahead of time. After that the well runs dry. Travel will virtually come to a standstill. 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

After vacation season ends shits going to get real. A lot of people planned and paid for their vacations ahead of time. After that well runs dry. Travel will virtually come to a standstill. 

They say they are still selling the shit out of RV . Not sure if true vut they were running storys on local news about it. 

I sure shit have zero desire to go on a 1000mi road trip in anything right now let alone yanking a brick wall behind me . Even guys with money are saying fuck this shit and ridding 3 and 4  up to go north for the weekend when most of us would always just drive our own trucks 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They say they are still selling the shit out of RV . Not sure if true vut they were running storys on local news about it. 

I sure shit have zero desire to go on a 1000mi road trip in anything right now let alone yanking a brick wall behind me . Even guys with money are saying fuck this shit and ridding 3 and 4  up to go north for the weekend when most of us would always just drive our own trucks 

RV centers are bursting at the seams with inventory. Winnebago's CEO announced a production cut last week. Used RV's are down 20% in price. RVTrader.com is a good indicator where the market is going. Lots of "make offers". The only RV's holding strong are the class B. Class A diesels aren't moving for obvious reasons. People are staying closer to home with their rigs. I'm heading down to Moab in three weeks. From what I gather talking to others, back country travel has slowed. 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

There is a Airstream and some other nice brand RV dealership up the road from me. They have a shit load of inventory. The other thing that is slowing sales is people having to go back to work. So many people thought they were going to “work from home”,for the rest of their career . They were traveling and logging on a few times a day. That fuck off and get paid train has come to a stop in most industries. I have one libtard customer with about 600 employees. They now have to be in the office at a minimum of three days a week. The other two days are floater days but the boss can call them in the night before. Not a bad schedule but it doesn’t allow them to be fucking off all over the country like they have been doing the last two years. 

On 7/1/2022 at 1:32 PM, Skidooski said:

Worldwide pandemic followed by worldwide inflation. So what's up next?

Good times!!!!

Time for a double digit world wide war! Yes!