Anyone doing fireworks on the 4th

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, sw-50c said:

small party at my place, bon fire, weenie roast, some fireworks and lots of beer.           :saluting:           

Same here..some say drinking and fireworks don't mix. I say they were made for each other:bc:.... I got a shitload of fireworks this year for such a small crowd...oh well...I will enjoy them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

First time in 10 years I’m not doing any. My biggest single fuse was 20 500g cakes and 600 Excalibur’s. It took just over 2 minutes lol 

That's a good finale..lol.

You're gonna have withdrawals hearing them on the 4th and not doing any.....I went a couple years without any but totally back into it the last few years with bigger and better shows each year. It gets kinda hard outdoing the previous years but this year I went with some huge hard to get stuff....can't wait.

34 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Same here..some say drinking and fireworks don't mix. I say they were made for each other:bc:.... I got a shitload of fireworks this year for such a small crowd...oh well...I will enjoy them.

It’s people like you getting hurt that makes my business tougher,,,,,,,

image.thumb.jpeg.cc79d3b16ee7c5efbdd1881857d91c0a.jpeg

• Like 2

My lake association canceled and so did the other local business that usually puts on a nice show. Availability and price is what we're being told.  :sad: 

They also want us to pay for next years Labor Day fireworks even earlier this year

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

It’s people like you getting hurt that makes my business tougher,,,,,,,

image.thumb.jpeg.cc79d3b16ee7c5efbdd1881857d91c0a.jpeg

Lol...nice!....nope never been hurt and been playing with firecrackers ever since about 8 years old unsupervised. It really is amazing considering how many quarter sticks have been held in my hands over the years. I remember the old cherry bombs and real ashcans my dad would bring home from Tennessee.

I also make my own fireworks from scratch sometimes. Including making my own black powder and stars and shells that will rival your picture.  I have developed a huge respect of the dangers....I am super cautious when working with flash powder, and will usually only work with it on humid days to avoid static and almost always use the binary method of mixing.

I dont make my own cakes...too tedious and time consuming....I just pay for the overloaded versions unavailable to consumers. Some good stuff out there....that's when I kick back and enjoy them with a couple cold ones. But it is a lot of work to put on a show and prepping.

44 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My lake association canceled and so did the other local business that usually puts on a nice show. Availability and price is what we're being told.  :sad: 

They also want us to pay for next years Labor Day fireworks even earlier this year

Yeah, even consumer prices of fireworks have gone way up the last couple years.

14 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Where is ZL  Zebub I know he was a fanatic. Anyone else have a 4th planned with fireworks.

Jiust picked up these 2 cakes...look awesome on you.tube

Calling @Tommcat Tom handles the commercial stuff, click the thread link below and check out Tom's set up......... beer_cheers.gif.154fb030a59dfcb8071c970e7250e3ff.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jdels said:

Should be a good show.

Finale.thumb.jpg.b0633f002cfb121b1cee9734a82d0d52.jpg1784223037_MainBoard.thumb.jpg.275cbfcad709373a09f4c868c6453a11.jpgwheel.thumb.jpg.27d3432128883f8bceeeb8f9880c5246.jpg

Oh, friggin sweet....that's awesome. Looks like you have some unique stuff and figuring out how you're going to run it....have a great 4th..njoy:bc:

45 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Screenshot_20220701-071951_Facebook.jpg

Yeah...it aint cheap by any means....literally watching money being  burned.

Ahhh, its only once a year and worth it to me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Calling @Tommcat Tom handles the commercial stuff, click the thread link below and check out Tom's set up......... beer_cheers.gif.154fb030a59dfcb8071c970e7250e3ff.gif

Nice....I plan on trying to get a license when I finally do retire and this hobby becomes more full time.

It really is an art when it comes to firework making....tired of doing it under the radar...plus with a license can legally buy class B

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Oh, friggin sweet....that's awesome. Looks like you have some unique stuff and figuring out how you're going to run it....have a great 4th..njoy:bc:

Yeah...it aint cheap by any means....literally watching money being  burned.

Ahhh, its only once a year and worth it to me

The Cobra system opens up a ton of possibilities to be creative with timing, plus I actually get to watch.

Have a safe and happy fourth!

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Makes sense, fireworks are grossly overpriced and now it’s even worse from inflation/supply chain issues.

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Lol...nice!....nope never been hurt and been playing with firecrackers ever since about 8 years old unsupervised. It really is amazing considering how many quarter sticks have been held in my hands over the years. I remember the old cherry bombs and real ashcans my dad would bring home from Tennessee.

I also make my own fireworks from scratch sometimes. Including making my own black powder and stars and shells that will rival your picture.  I have developed a huge respect of the dangers....I am super cautious when working with flash powder, and will usually only work with it on humid days to avoid static and almost always use the binary method of mixing.

I dont make my own cakes...too tedious and time consuming....I just pay for the overloaded versions unavailable to consumers. Some good stuff out there....that's when I kick back and enjoy them with a couple cold ones. But it is a lot of work to put on a show and prepping.

Yeah, even consumer prices of fireworks have gone way up the last couple years.

So you make 10 inch shells? 

2 hours ago, jdels said:

The Cobra system opens up a ton of possibilities to be creative with timing, plus I actually get to watch.

Have a safe and happy fourth!

Yeah I just have a real cheap 2 que system I bought to mess around with. I need to invest in a much better system..... tired of running around with a lighter and missing most of the show lol

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b5452d595bd72ca5e8b390e46a3e0b48.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b1deb09b7623a822306d0b920b30722c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

So you make 10 inch shells? 

Not yet..... yeah those are some big boys. I made some 6 in.... but will work my way up to bigger and better once I have more time and retire.  Ned Gorski the firework Guru has some great tutorials on the whole process that's where I learned much of my info.  it's definitely an art.... Have a great 4th!:bc: