The big case the SC has yet to rule on.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Honestly this could be one of the most significant rulings in our lifetime.   Much more impactful than any so far this year.  It would have far more reaching impacts than just the EPA.   It would take away power from the unelected bureaucrats of DC and put it back in the hands of the elected officials. 

https://fortune.com/2022/06/27/supreme-court-epa-ruling-ramifications-2022/

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Let’s save the children so we can kill them slowly with higher levels of pollution.

Fuckin brilliant!

Shut up stupid ....you’re racer level dumb 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I’m right and you know it.

This is about how our government was intended to operate. Fuck the federal government and fuck all their agencies. States rights are paramount to a functional republic. I’d like to see the whole federal government gutted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Honestly this could be one of the most significant rulings in our lifetime.   Much more impactful than any so far this year.  It would have far more reaching impacts than just the EPA.   It would take away power from the unelected bureaucrats of DC and put it back in the hands of the elected officials. 

https://fortune.com/2022/06/27/supreme-court-epa-ruling-ramifications-2022/

One can hope....

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is about how our government was intended to operate. Fuck the federal government and fuck all their agencies. States rights are paramount to a functional republic. I’d like to see the whole federal government gutted 

I'd be happy to see an 80% RIF across the entire federal government.  Start with the FBI and go from there.

Just now, Matt said:

I'd be happy to see an 80% RIF across the entire federal government.  Start with the FBI and go from there.

Every letter agency needs abolished. Amend the constitution if you want to create one. It’s that simple 

54 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly.  It would make the dumbasses who are in office actually have to do their jobs instead of creating agencies to do it for them, thus holding them accountable.  What a concept!

It’s obvious by looking at history what happened when environmental protections were in state hands. Each state makes concessions for industry greed in its competition with other states. Fucking dummies in this country will never learn from history. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s obvious by looking at history what happened when environmental protections were in state hands. Each state makes concessions for industry greed in its competition with other states. Fucking dummies in this country will never learn from history. 

then there should be a constitutional amendment granting the federal government the ability to regulate emissions as an extension to its oversight of interstate commerce.

Just now, Matt said:

then there should be a constitutional amendment granting the federal government the ability to regulate emissions as an extension to its oversight of interstate commerce.

Quite honestly I don’t care. I won’t be around long enough to see the mess. I remember what the Mississippi was like before the EPA. Every state was catering to the wishes of industry.  

Just now, spin_dry said:

Quite honestly I don’t care. I won’t be around long enough to see the mess. I remember what the Mississippi was like before the EPA. Every state was catering to the wishes of industry.  

Fox River in Kimberly too.  I don't see us going back to what that was like in the 60s and 70s.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

All large federal governments accomplish is tyranny and totalitarianism. They need to be severely restricted.  And if you notice the radial left fascists love an over reaching fed. 

Just now, Matt said:

Fox River in Kimberly too.  I don't see us going back to what that was like in the 60s and 70s.

Industry already tres to cut corners even with federal oversight. Politicians love to pump up the economy and brag about attracting new industry at any cost. The EPA levels the playing field. Welcome to china. 

36 minutes ago, ACE said:

All large federal governments accomplish is tyranny and totalitarianism. They need to be severely restricted.  And if you notice the radial left fascists love an over reaching fed. 

It's because they are corrupt. They intend to steal from us so they can't have us holding them to account.