2017 Iron Dog

Puzzleboy

Everyone, including the racers, knows who won the race.  So that would be 5 for Doo, 3 for Poo.  SBYL  :)

11 hours ago, psledhead said:

Top ten;

Cat; 2

Poo; 4

Doo; 4

Doesn't appear to be half are Doo's  :dunno:

(DQ's don't count)

No sign of any 600cc Sidewinders :snack:

18 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Everyone, including the racers, knows who won the race.  So that would be 5 for Doo, 3 for Poo.  SBYL  :)

They won??

How does a team not in the race win?

And if the team 41 hadnt help pull your beloved team 8 out of the ice they would not have come in where they did.  

My beloved team 8?  Lol....... I've said before, I just think they got a raw deal. 

They were also riding yesterday under the impression that they'd been DQ'd.  Do you think they were at their best?  Even the one racer said he got maybe an hour of sleep that night. 

In any case, we'll see what happens.  It seems most of the world, including the race field, feels they earned it. 

Except for SKS and Fuzzy....... the resident anti-Doo contingent.  :lmao:

Edited by Puzzleboy

I,m not a big fan of cheaters. Did you get that connection ? LOL 

Ski-Doo rider famous quotes:
"Why don't we slow the F??? down and get there 5 minutes later?"
"You got to stop every once in awhile and let everyone catch the F??? up"
"I didn't want to break my drive chain"
"It's the best sled I ever had" 15 miles later "The chain case blew up"
"I can't go over 60mph, my EGT's get too hot"
"Sold"

Edited by Frostynuts

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Ummm....no....but nice try.

I could care less what brand won, it's the driver/team that won.

Put Tucker Hibbert and his crew on any brand and they will likely win.

It has been proven before when Blair Morgan rode for both Doo & Cat.

Cheaters..... LOL  An hour and 14 minute lead over the next team, and they didn't need any extra ounces of fuel. 

Fuzzy is still bent over the fact that they rode Doos....... and the bulkheads didn't explode. 

You're giving us all some good laughs today!

31 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

"Sold"

36 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

"Sold"

:lol:

So all racers received verbal authorization form the organizers, that they would not be penalized for such outside actions.  So why were they?

A letter signed by 17 racers overnight in Tanana said that the explanation given at the drivers' meeting was that actions of people with no connection to the race who are beyond the control of racers would not be cause for any penalty.

"The photo shows 'outside people' pushing down the back of the Snogo, for which no gain obtained as a result. This was the act of 'outside person' trying to help and in no way should result in the actions taken by the disqualification. Team 8 should be allowed to continue," the letter said.

Edited by Puzzleboy

36 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

So all racers received verbal authorization form the organizers, that they would not be penalized for such outside actions.  So why were they?

A letter signed by 17 racers overnight in Tanana said that the explanation given at the drivers' meeting was that actions of people with no connection to the race who are beyond the control of racers would not be cause for any penalty.

"The photo shows 'outside people' pushing down the back of the Snogo, for which no gain obtained as a result. This was the act of 'outside person' trying to help and in no way should result in the actions taken by the disqualification. Team 8 should be allowed to continue," the letter said.

Please Puzzleboy stop arguing a stupid point.

So team 8 pulls into a random fuel stop in nowhere Alaska and allows people to walk up to their sleds and start fucking around pushing down on the suspension while they are fueling their sleds?

No racer in their right mind would allow that.

I think you're the one arguing the stupid point.  The other racers have already said that that happens routinely.  The organizers TOLD them to allow it at the pre-race meeting.  So it was verbally authorized by the organizers and marshalls.  What should the racers do....... shoot them? 

Everybody has said that the written rules are not clear enough.  ie, the people can carry the gas cans to them..... are they allowed to open them, etc? 

SKS, curious, do you think the decision was just?  And if it is found that the marshall in question was getting payola from someone or had another bias, what will be your stance then? 

Do you want to bet on whether or not the rulebook will be updated in this regard for next year?   And why would that be, if the current rules are clear and concise?  They're not. 

Just now, Sksman said:

Please Puzzleboy stop arguing a stupid point.

So team 8 pulls into a random fuel stop in nowhere Alaska and allows people to walk up to their sleds and start fucking around pushing down on the suspension while they are fueling their sleds?

No racer in their right mind would allow that.

39 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think you're the one arguing the stupid point.  The other racers have already said that that happens routinely.  The organizers TOLD them to allow it at the pre-race meeting.  So it was verbally authorized by the organizers and marshalls.  What should the racers do....... shoot them? 

Everybody has said that the written rules are not clear enough.  ie, the people can carry the gas cans to them..... are they allowed to open them, etc? 

SKS, curious, do you think the decision was just?  And if it is found that the marshall in question was getting payola from someone or had another bias, what will be your stance then? 

Do you want to bet on whether or not the rulebook will be updated in this regard for next year?   And why would that be, if the current rules are clear and concise?  They're not. 

You wernt there and neither was I.

I am a black and white type of person.  They broke the written rules.  In reality i could care less about what they were or were not told.  If others broke them then disqualify them all.  That would be fair and right.

At the end of it no impact on me or you other then your pride and joy doo did not win!

Have a good afternoon 

I actually like all sleds; the fact they ride Doo is irrelevant.  I've stated, it's a raw deal for the riders.  Do you think team 41 is happy with this "win"? 

You're right, we weren't there.  And yet all the drivers (who were there) have signed a document stating that that is what they were told.  Why do you think they asked the specific question?  It's because they've all encountered it in previous years' races.  Pretty simple concept. 

If the rulebook is all they need to race, why even have a driver's meeting with a question period?  Shouldn't the answer to ever question therefore be "it's in the rulebook!"  Clearly, not everything is. 

Ever see the part in A Few Good Men, where the lawyer asks the serviceman where in the Marine Corps handbook is the section on "Code Reds"?  Or where the section is that describes where the cafeteria is at Gitmo? 

Point being, many rules are unwritten, especially ones that are in response to other rules' application in the real world.  Black & white is great, like in theoretical law, but everything is open to interpretation, and possibly clarification. 

Especially when it's as poorly written as this section is. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

First line...I call bull shit. I've been away for a couple days and missed some really important Puzzle stuff...Iron Dog...WGAF.....really

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I actually like all sleds; the fact they ride Doo is irrelevant.  I've stated, it's a raw deal for the riders.  Do you think team 41 is happy with this "win"? 

You're right, we weren't there.  And yet all the drivers (who were there) have signed a document stating that that is what they were told.  Why do you think they asked the specific question?  It's because they've all encountered it in previous years' races.  Pretty simple concept. 

If the rulebook is all they need to race, why even have a driver's meeting with a question period?  Shouldn't the answer to ever question therefore be "it's in the rulebook!"  Clearly, not everything is. 

Ever see the part in A Few Good Men, where the lawyer asks the serviceman where in the Marine Corps handbook is the section on "Code Reds"?  Or where the section is that describes where the cafeteria is at Gitmo? 

Point being, many rules are unwritten, especially ones that are in response to other rules' application in the real world.  Black & white is great, like in theoretical law, but everything is open to interpretation, and possibly clarification. 

Especially when it's as poorly written as this section is. 

It's a snowmobile race...... this is a snowmobile forum. 

Go back to bed. 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

First line...I call bull shit. I've been away for a couple days and missed some really important Puzzle stuff...Iron Dog...WGAF.....really

Edited by Puzzleboy

Dear Puzzler, Hate to break it to you, but out West there is a new King of belt eaters.

Called the BRP 850 Slummit!, or Plummet whatever works best.
Belts, Bulkheads, and a host of other issues!

There are some very pissed guys who spent a lot of money on a disappointing product.

Aftermarket guys are making brace kits for bulkheads, blowhole cooling kits for clutches etc.

But BRP holds the biggest market share so they must be great right! 84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture8517

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Dear Puzzler, Hate to break it to you, but out West there is a new King of belt eaters.

Called the BRP 850 Slummit!, or Plummet whatever works best.
Belts, Bulkheads, and a host of other issues!

There are some very pissed guys who spent a lot of money on a disappointing product.

Aftermarket guys are making brace kits for bulkheads, blowhole cooling kits for clutches etc.

But BRP holds the biggest market share so they must be great right! 84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture8517

Nice copy/paste from HCS..