2023 Social Security payments set to increase the most in decades thanks to COLA

36 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I read the article, as you obviously did not.

There is to be no rejoicing.

Even with that increase, actual buying power is still less and less...and will eat up the surplus in around 10 years.

This should make no one happy, but remember..Orange man bad.

Ss was never intended to be the only form of retirement income. It’s a nice supplement.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Bad deal. Given the option most people wouldn’t put the money away. How do I know this? I was a 401K admin. 
you would end up paying double to take care of entire population who couldn’t take care of themselves.

And who's fault would that be? 

As you always say "Bootstraps"  

Just now, EvilBird said:

And who's fault would that be? 

As you always say "Bootstraps"  

What don’t you understand?  It would cost taxpayers trillions if not for mandating weekly SS deductables.

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I read the article, as you obviously did not.

There is to be no rejoicing.

Even with that increase, actual buying power is still less and less...and will eat up the surplus in around 10 years.

This should make no one happy, but remember..Orange man bad.

Oh, I read it bro. It's barely keeping up with inflation.......only reason it's going up is because the cost of living under the Biden admin. But like I said, it will be nothing but spending money and pocket change for me..... fortunately not relying on SS at all.....It's like found money.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Oh, I read it bro. It's barely keeping up with inflation.......only reason it's going up is because the cost of living under the Biden admin. But like I said, it will be nothing but spending money and pocket change for me..... fortunately not relying on SS at all.....It's like found money.

If one is counting on this in retirement, I suggest acquiring a taste for cat food.

Not the fancy feast either. The bulk TSC shit.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Bad deal. Given the option most people wouldn’t put the money away. How do I know this? I was a 401K admin. 
you would end up paying double to take care of entire population who couldn’t take care of themselves.

Given the option, I agree, most wouldnt.  Take it out of my check, just like FICA taxes are and put it in a S&P 500 index.

Deal?

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Given the option, I agree, most wouldnt.  Take it out of my check, just like FICA taxes are and put it in a S&P 500 index.

Deal?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

At this point I really don't care if there's SS after I'm done with it. I'm a Boomer. :lol: 

yes most selfish generation to date ! 

you Guys are the GOAT for "its all about me"! :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

that Van is gonna be tricked the fuck out! :3gears:

:lol:

Van is fine. I'm waiting and hoping for housing prices to collapse. Should be right around the time oil prices go in the shitty. Recessions are good. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Van is fine. I'm waiting and hoping for housing prices to collapse. Should be right around the time oil prices go in the shitty. Recessions are good. 

I plan on buying more properties when it crashes.....plenty of money to be made :read:

6 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I plan on buying more properties when it crashes.....plenty of money to be made :read:

I don't see property prices decreasing...flat yes, the inventory is still too low.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I don't see property prices decreasing...flat yes, the inventory is still too low.  

I tend to agree with that, at least for awhile. Expected them to crash with int. rates increasing but still very low inventory and according to Zillow(.02 cents) the price of my home has still gone up another 17k the last 30 days.......just crazy....and homes on the market still moving fairly quick.

17 hours ago, Mainecat said:

agreed,  when you look at how few really contribute to their 401k and then use the money in it before retirement the safety nets needed.  One way or another society will need to take care of these people might as well just pu a mechanism in place like SS.  I do disagree with the investment they make as had it been invested in the broad market it would have returned more and the system would be solvent.