Dicks sporting goods speaks out…

• Platinum Contributing Member

Their right to do this if they wish.   Musk had already announced this.

Ask yourself are they doing the employee a favor or themselves not having to pay maternity leave.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Their right to do this if they wish.   Musk had already announced this.

Ask yourself are they doing the employee a favor or themselves not having to pay maternity leave.

Is that the case in the US?

Federal (tax dollars) cover that here.

It is interesting to watch the battle and or discussions of rights recently.

We have a dictator like power up here called "Order in Council".

Doesn't even need a discussion or the light of day,  and rights are stripped away with a stroke of a pen.

46 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Doesn't even need a discussion or the light of day,  and rights are stripped away with a stroke of a pen.

Firstly, anytime you say 'the government covers that', you may as well say 'the government controls that'...

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Firstly, anytime you say 'the government covers that', you may as well say 'the government controls that'...

True, but government controls most everything from the speed you drive to the food on the grocery store shelves.

It's insidious IMO, but I'm a libertarian...leave me the fuck alone.

Women should not lose their job for getting pregnant, but does the current protections and benefits go too far or not far enough?

I'm unsure as I can see it from many points of view, even as a dude with no kids

Edited by Voodoo

12 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

True, but government controls most everything from the speed you drive to the food on the grocery store shelves.

It's insidious IMO, but I'm a libertarian...leave me the fuck alone.

Women should not lose their job for getting pregnant, but does the current protections and benefits go too far or not far enough?

I'm unsure as I can see it from many points of view, even as a dude with no kids

Que?

On 6/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, Mainecat said:

Dicks lol . Fucking lots are more vacant than a public transit transfer lot during the pandemic . There days were numbered the day they went wok with the guns and ammo. The world already has a REI and you won't out wok them no matter how hard you try . 

On the other hand scheels and bass pro and cables have to build larger parking lots and build larger check out isles to Handel all the traffic.  

Just reality 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 4:55 AM, Voodoo said:

Maternity leave?   Companies pay pending state and company policy. 

On 6/25/2022 at 12:23 PM, Ez ryder said:

Dicks lol . Fucking lots are more vacant than a public transit transfer lot during the pandemic . There days were numbered the day they went wok with the guns and ammo. The world already has a REI and you won't out wok them no matter how hard you try . 

On the other hand scheels and bass pro and cables have to build larger parking lots and build larger check out isles to Handel all the traffic.  

Just reality 

It’s 2022 dumb ass. Have you ever ordered anything on line?

Companies use to offer to pay for adoption too but can't do that anymore and stay within the good graces of the liberal nut bags.  Its kill it or nothing mentality. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Maternity leave?   Companies pay pending state and company policy. 

So if the employer does not have a policy,  the state must pay maternity leave?

As in one way or the other, there is money paid to the off work employee?

I'm a little torn on that aspect.

I agree an equivalent job should be waiting if at all possible, after an agreed to before hand time frame.

I believe it's a choice to have children and the future parents should be financially capable of this, without government handouts or undue burdens on employers.

That's just my libertarian  streak coming through again.

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

So if the employer does not have a policy,  the state must pay maternity leave?

As in one way or the other, there is money paid to the off work employee?

I'm a little torn on that aspect.

I agree an equivalent job should be waiting if at all possible, after an agreed to before hand time frame.

I believe it's a choice to have children and the future parents should be financially capable of this, without government handouts or undue burdens on employers.

That's just my libertarian  streak coming through again.

No.   There is no govt maternity leave programs for private sector employees that I know of.   Federal employees get one and its paid up to 12 weeks.  

Most companies offer something.   You must give 8 weeks off but do not have to pay any.  Around me 4-6 paid is fairly common.    

Get a woman who popping out puppies and a matter of years the fed govt pays them a whole years work for it.  :wall:

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

:lmao:

Uh remember Sports Authority ? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/05/23/sports-authority-going-out-biz-sales-should-start-end-week/84792816/

Dicks Sporting Goods will be next. @Ez ryder is right they are always empty.  This is just another lame Woke move for them to get in the Spotlight again because they lost $143M from the plandemic. They need all the help they can get. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/dicks-sporting-goods-coronavirus-earnings-q1-2020

On 6/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Mainecat said:

Lmfao such a fucking dolt . Then why is it a dicks will have litteraly 12 cars in the lot and less than 4 mi down the road a scheels lot is completely full and you have to drive a few rows to find a spot ? 

Care to Riddell me that Mr failed excuses at any cost ? 

• Like 1