Lymes

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

Anyone have it or had it?  Just curious on information regarding it.

I have gotten the bullseye 3 times now . Still no lymes.  Always started popping steroids as soon as I found the bullseye . My cabin was in the heart of MN dear tic countery . Every one's dogs around my place had it . I never let mine out of the yard and I would spread that flee and tic shit every 2 weeks in the yard 

Well, yesterday was pretty good.  I was able to get through the day with only 2 advils.   Today is starting out the opposite.  Seems like I find a different joint pain spot every day currently, but the Doc said that can happen for the first month until the antibiotics take care of it.  Miserable shit.  I feel for you guys that have had it for many years.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, Anler said:

I think snoughputz sid Guinea fowl are even more ferocious towards ticks but they are some annoying mother fuckers. 

We have one of those with our chickens 

We have black widows and scorpions here in AZ and I'll take those any day over deer ticks.  My uncle just spent a week in the hospital with a 104 fever and such lethargy he slept for 37 hours straight.  When he'd wake, he was super delirious.  He had anaplasmosis from a deer tick bite.  It took the docs several rounds of testing to work out what was wrong with him.  We thought he was a goner at 67 years old.  He's not exactly the picture of health so the disease progressed pretty far with him.

https://www.cdc.gov/anaplasmosis/symptoms/index.html

Edited by Matt

22 minutes ago, ACE said:

Just got put on antibiotics for it 

Doxycycline?  I am still taking 4 advils a day, 2 antibiotics and now benadryl tonight as the antibiotics make my skin really itchy.  Still getting joint pain, but I have heard horror stories about some people with heart issues and hospitalization and I haven't had to deal with that.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks :(   I wish you good luck for a complete recovery :bc: 

Tick got me really good about 10 days ago or so. It was fine up until about 2 days ago and now the area is getting agitated and has the bullseye. Did says at minimum it’s infected and possibly lymes so taking antibiotics 

at this point it’s not much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Doxycycline?  I am still taking 4 advils a day, 2 antibiotics and now benadryl tonight as the antibiotics make my skin really itchy.  Still getting joint pain, but I have heard horror stories about some people with heart issues and hospitalization and I haven't had to deal with that.

Yup that’s the stuff 

3C12FD77-02E1-419E-83BC-D09E1385B466.jpeg

Just now, racer254 said:

Good luck to you.  Keep us informed.  I will try and update as well.

Supposedly its like shingles. Early detection and it’s hardly a thing. Late detection and hang on to your shorts it’s gonna be a rough ride. 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Supposedly its like shingles. Early detection and it’s hardly a thing. Late detection and hang on to your shorts it’s gonna be a rough ride. 

That's kind of what I have been told as well.  Hell, you will be off the antibiotics before I will. 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's kind of what I have been told as well.  Hell, you will be off the antibiotics before I will. 

Yeah. Buddy of mine has been fighting it for at least 2 years. But our healthcare system didn’t really believe in lymes at the time and he got to the point he had to take it upon himself To get tested for it 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Tick got me really good about 10 days ago or so. It was fine up until about 2 days ago and now the area is getting agitated and has the bullseye. Did says at minimum it’s infected and possibly lymes so taking antibiotics 

at this point it’s not much 

Good luck. :bc:

3 hours ago, Matt said:

We have black widows and scorpions here in AZ and I'll take those any day over deer ticks.  My uncle just spent a week in the hospital with a 104 fever and such lethargy he slept for 37 hours straight.  When he'd wake, he was super delirious.  He had anaplasmosis from a deer tick bite.  It took the docs several rounds of testing to work out what was wrong with him.  We thought he was a goner at 67 years old.  He's not exactly the picture of health so the disease progressed pretty far with him.

https://www.cdc.gov/anaplasmosis/symptoms/index.html

Yeah my buddy got something that wasn't lyme but really nasty. It fucked him up and he was very healthy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah. Buddy of mine has been fighting it for at least 2 years. But our healthcare system didn’t really believe in lymes at the time and he got to the point he had to take it upon himself To get tested for it 

That's what I had always heard. I know of 2 people who went to Florida for treatment because it wasn't recognized as a disease in Canada.

17 hours ago, ACE said:

you prolly got the monkey aids dude!

18 hours ago, ACE said:

Well, that is how it was with me as well.  I made sure that they were testing for EVERYTHING.  I had to specifically say lymes testing as well.  Not sure why they don't automatically want to test for that.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's what I had always heard. I know of 2 people who went to Florida for treatment because it wasn't recognized as a disease in Canada.

Yeah and it fucked him up good. The doctor I got in emergency seemed to have no problem acknowledging it. He just said it’s showing some signs of lymes but it’s at least infected so either way the antibiotics should snuff it out 

42 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, that is how it was with me as well.  I made sure that they were testing for EVERYTHING.  I had to specifically say lymes testing as well.  Not sure why they don't automatically want to test for that.

From what I understand whether lymes disease even existed was a contentious issue in the medical community for a long time