Car performance from the 80's

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Pete said:

:lol2:

Michigan Is the Worst State in the Union, by far

renderTimingPixel.png

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being sent to Michigan for a few months by my company on a work project. I was absolutely stunned at what a terrible place it is. The people are some of the saddest, rudest, most miserable group of humans I've ever come across on the planet. The cities are decaying, rotting, lower third-world tier cesspools of poverty, violence, and corruption. The suburbs, while not quite as apocalyptic as the urban centers, are lifeless, sad, and nearly just as depressing. You can see it in the faces of the people, their souls are withering away. Drug abuse is rampant even in the well off areas.

I've traveled extensively across the United States, and while people like to rag on Florida, Mississippi, the Dakotas and West Virginia... Michigan is clearly the most miserable place in the country. I have no idea how its continually slipped through the cracks whenever we talk about the worst state in the union. The only saving grace of the state is the U.P., and while it has some decent spots, it's still pretty mediocre countryside.

If you live in Michigan, please do yourself a favor and flee before the state sucks your soul away forever, like most of its current residents.

How do you feel about Nebraska? 🤷🏻

A production Tesla already absolutely the fastest car ever made. Imagine what it will be like when electric is fully adopted and exploited. The level of performance attainable will blow ice engines so far out of the water it will be like horse and buggy vs f-16 fighter 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A production Tesla already absolutely the fastest car ever made. Imagine what it will be like when electric is fully adopted and exploited. The level of performance attainable will blow ice engines so far out of the water it will be like horse and buggy vs f-16 fighter 

Yep

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well performance gas cars are expensive as fuck too 

Hard to equate performance cars from that era to todays cars. A 4 cyl Camry goes 0-60 in a little over 5 seconds which an 80's Camaro needed forever to get there. 

Edited by J. Jackson

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yep

You will be able to locate the cars CoG so far lower than any ice vehicle the handling will be insane. They will be able to make fucking slot cars essentially 

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Err, not.  The Bugatti Chiron will do 304.7mph...which is WAY faster than a Tesla.  

Will it do a 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds? 

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Err, not.  The Bugatti Chiron will do 304.7mph...which is WAY faster than a Tesla.  

You can own 30 teslas for what that costs.  

Comparing apples to apples, the Rimac Nevera can do the 1/4 mile almost a full second faster than the Chiron for slightly less money

Just now, Doorider said:

You can own 30 teslas for what that costs.  

Comparing apples to apples, the Rimac Nevera can do the 1/4 mile almost a full second faster than the Chiron for slightly less money

And it is quicker than the Tesla as well.

...I wasn't saying the Tesla wasn't quick.  

Just now, f7ben said:

Will it do a 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds? 

Bugatti Chiron:

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.2 sec
100 mph: 4.1 sec
130 mph: 6.1 sec
150 mph: 8.0 sec
1/4-Mile: 9.1 sec @ 161 mph
170 mph: 10.1 sec
200 mph: 14.8 sec

Tesla Plaid:

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.1 sec
100 mph: 4.3 sec
130 mph: 6.9 sec
1/4-Mile: 9.4 sec @ 151 mph
160 mph: 10.8 sec

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Matt said:

The nostalgia for muscle cars from the 60s and 70s always strikes me as funny.  Yeah, they have some cool lines, sound and look great when restored and clean, but the majority of them get their clocks cleaned by a V6 Camry or even an F150 EB in almost every measure of driving dynamics and performance, while using less gas and not waking up half the city.

They had their place.

There are still some gains to be made in the realm of ICE.  Variable compression ratios for instance.  But electric is the future.  Once quantum charging is real, it's game over for ICE.

That’s why you restomod them ls swap coyote swap hell people are even electrifying old cars now. The body is the only thing I care for everything else can be upgraded to modern suspension, drivetrain and interior.

we will probably be seeing a lot more cars like this thing down the road. I think it’s sweet but I’m sure the purists get their panties all bunched up over it

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

With the government pushing EV, do you think car companies are putting the same about of $$$ into the innovation of gasoline engines vs electric? 

No, some manufacturer's have already said they are done innovating new engines.

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s why you restomod them ls swap coyote swap hell people are even electrifying old cars now. The body is the only thing I care for everything else can be upgraded to modern suspension, drivetrain and interior.

Old cars bring back the "remember when we" days for us older guys. Not even, as least for me, the performance being the main reason to have them today. Yeah we street raced a lot but it was more about the times with friends and getting a feel of a titty or really getting lucky and getting laid in the Superbee that makes them special.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How do you feel about Nebraska? 🤷🏻

What a bizarre question 

why the fuck would I care about that? You spouted off about angry east coast. Apparently you live around a lot of unhappiness. Midwest is a bit strange.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a bizarre question 

why the fuck would I care about that? You spouted off about angry east coast. Apparently you live around a lot of unhappiness. Midwest is a bit strange.

Yeah….you sound like a real happy go lucky kind of guy Derpo! 😝

58 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Bugatti Chiron:

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.2 sec
100 mph: 4.1 sec
130 mph: 6.1 sec
150 mph: 8.0 sec
1/4-Mile: 9.1 sec @ 161 mph
170 mph: 10.1 sec
200 mph: 14.8 sec

Tesla Plaid:

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.1 sec
100 mph: 4.3 sec
130 mph: 6.9 sec
1/4-Mile: 9.4 sec @ 151 mph
160 mph: 10.8 sec

I believe the Tesla has gone 8.9x with the most recent flash 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

we will probably be seeing a lot more cars like this thing down the road. I think it’s sweet but I’m sure the purists get their panties all bunched up over it

LS is always the right answer to old cars.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

:lol2:

Michigan Is the Worst State in the Union, by far

renderTimingPixel.png

I had the unfortunate circumstance of being sent to Michigan for a few months by my company on a work project. I was absolutely stunned at what a terrible place it is. The people are some of the saddest, rudest, most miserable group of humans I've ever come across on the planet. The cities are decaying, rotting, lower third-world tier cesspools of poverty, violence, and corruption. The suburbs, while not quite as apocalyptic as the urban centers, are lifeless, sad, and nearly just as depressing. You can see it in the faces of the people, their souls are withering away. Drug abuse is rampant even in the well off areas.

I've traveled extensively across the United States, and while people like to rag on Florida, Mississippi, the Dakotas and West Virginia... Michigan is clearly the most miserable place in the country. I have no idea how its continually slipped through the cracks whenever we talk about the worst state in the union. The only saving grace of the state is the U.P., and while it has some decent spots, it's still pretty mediocre countryside.

If you live in Michigan, please do yourself a favor and flee before the state sucks your soul away forever, like most of its current residents.

This dumbass was probably one of the out of state drivers hanging out in the passing lane doing 60mph. So yeah rude and angry is what you'll get. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, fucktard. There is a lot to see and do in Michigan especially the northern areas. At least most of us still have all our teeth.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

You will be able to locate the cars CoG so far lower than any ice vehicle the handling will be insane. They will be able to make fucking slot cars essentially 

Most here don’t know what a slot car is Ben.