U.S. oil refining capacity down in 2021 for second year -EIA

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The subject was gas prices and economy.  

As for the shovel ready jobs there are 2 flood prevention dams within a few miles of my house that were revamped with that money, the Promton Dam, and the Jadwin Dam, the 3 largest construction companies in my area only had stimulus money work.

The decades of pissing money away giving money away is 100% tied to inflation/the economy.  And the cost of fuel is because of the speculators are not deff they can also here what the administration says and see what they do . Promises being kept on the fossil fuel front at least 

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The decades of pissing money away giving money away is 100% tied to inflation/the economy.  And the cost of fuel is because of the speculators are not deff they can also here what the administration says and see what they do . Promises being kept on the fossil fuel front at least 

I think you were saying the interest wasn't being paid until 2017, fact is the original stimulus was still being paid out  through 2017. I would think if you were so worried about the less than 1 trillion in stimulus back then, the 3 trillion would have you really upset.  

The oil companies lost a ton of money in 2020 now they are making it back. In April of 2020 OPEC +2 made the largest cuts in oil production in history that and the sanctions on Russia play a huge part too.

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think you were saying the interest wasn't being paid until 2017, fact is the original stimulus was still being paid out  through 2017. I would think if you were so worried about the less than 1 trillion in stimulus back then, the 3 trillion would have you really upset.  

The oil companies lost a ton of money in 2020 now they are making it back. In April of 2020 OPEC +2 made the largest cuts in oil production in history that and the sanctions on Russia play a huge part too.

No repayments were due on the origanal stimulus till 2017

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I get that but is that how your credit card works ? Not mine 

So when does the bill for the 3 trillion plus stimulus from Trump come do? Seems odd you obsess on less than a trillion, while trying to cover for a guy who had more than 3 times as much stimulus spending.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Remember when you said it's not a real economy unless interest rates were at least 3%?  

What was the 4th quarter  GDP in 2019 during this booming economy with a manufacturing recession?

You do realize the GDP in 2015 was as high as at anytime during your orange Gods term, gas prices were lower than any time pre pandemic, so was the debt and deficit.

Yes I do and I stand by that interest rates were held too low for far too long.   I was also critical of Trump when he went after the Fed to lower them.   I understood why he wanted that because it put us in a bad position worldwide as virtually everyone else was dropping rates and our strong dollar made buying from the US very expensive.

Dude the mfg recession was extremely mild and a product of many things.   Obama lost mfg jobs and Trump recovered them.   I suppose you already know that though right?

GDP in 2015 was solid.   Funny how you cherry pick one year.

The economy was never terrible under Obama after around 2011-12.   Its very resilient.   

Manufacturing-jobs2-1200x675.png

960x0 (3).jpg

Edited by Highmark

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes I do and I stand by that interest rates were held too low for far too long.   I was also critical of Trump when he went after the Fed to lower them.   I understood why he wanted that because it put us in a bad position worldwide as virtually everyone else was dropping rates and our strong dollar made buying from the US very expensive.

Dude the mfg recession was extremely mild and a product of many things.   Obama lost mfg jobs and Trump recovered them.   I suppose you already know that though right?

The economy was never terrible under Obama after around 2011-12.   Its very resilient.   

960x0 (3).jpg

The recession was mild unless you were 1 of the 1000's of  people who lost your job.  

Just pointing out that the booming economy you were bragging about was no better than before, despite record debt and an increase in deficit, not to mention it never came near the 4.4% GDP needed just to cover the tax cuts.  

You mean those jobs from Ford and other companies who had already planned to come back and Trump took credit for? 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

960x0 (3).jpg

Here we go again with the graphs and more bullshit. Unreal. 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

The recession was mild unless you were 1 of the 1000's of  people who lost your job.  

Just pointing out that the booming economy you were bragging about was no better than before, despite record debt and an increase in deficit, not to mention it never came near the 4.4% GDP needed just to cover the tax cuts.  

You mean those jobs from Ford and other companies who had already planned to come back and Trump took credit for? 

He also fails to mention the lag time for an energy plan to come to fruition. For instance how Obama's energy plan increased domestic energy production more than previous administrations with benefits leading in the Trump administration. He and racer are the biggest fucking hacks here. 

Edited by spin_dry

56 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He also fails to mention the lag time for an energy plan to come to fruition. For instance how Obama's energy plan increased domestic energy production more than previous administrations with benefits leading in the Trump administration. He and racer are the biggest fucking hacks here. 

Between you and me, You are the only one who has to intentionally lie to push an agenda.

13 hours ago, 1jkw said:

So when does the bill for the 3 trillion plus stimulus from Trump come do? Seems odd you obsess on less than a trillion, while trying to cover for a guy who had more than 3 times as much stimulus spending.

We will probably have to pay that bill sometime before we pay for biden's stimulus and some time after we pay for obama's stimulus.  When are those coming due?

16 minutes ago, racer254 said:

We will probably have to pay that bill sometime before we pay for biden's stimulus and some time after we pay for obama's stimulus.  When are those coming due?

If you add Obama's and Bidens together, do they add up to as much as Trump's?  

How about Trump's farm bailout, how much of that got paid back compared to the auto bailout you cried about for years?

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

If you add Obama's and Bidens together, do they add up to as much as Trump's?  

How about Trump's farm bailout, how much of that got paid back compared to the auto bailout you cried about for years?

I have been against every bailout or stimulus since day one.  Can you say the same.  Yet, I will still help pay the bill. 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I have been against every bailout or stimulus since day one.  Can you say the same.  Yet, I will still help pay the bill. 

How many times have you cried about Trump's more expensive bailout compared to the auto bailout?  

No, I was glad to get Trump's $1800.00 check, but I wanted like a few hundred thousand and some PPP money too. I wanted the same from Biden too, but I got less.  

I will help pay the bill too.

Just now, 1jkw said:

How many times have you cried about Trump's more expensive bailout compared to the auto bailout?  

No, I was glad to get Trump's $1800.00 check, but I wanted like a few hundred thousand and some PPP money too. I wanted the same from Biden too, but I got less.  

I will help pay the bill too.

I have said it every time it is brought up.  More times then most liberals complained about biden or obamas stimulus, that is for sure.

Just now, racer254 said:

I have said it every time it is brought up.  More times then most liberals complained about biden or obamas stimulus, that is for sure.

Exactly, but you never are the first to bring up Trump's more expensive bailout, that's the point. And both Obama's and Biden's stimulus were less than Trumps, even when you add the 2 together.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Exactly, but you never are the first to bring up Trump's more expensive bailout, that's the point. And both Obama's and Biden's stimulus were less than Trumps, even when you add the 2 together.

Well, I also remember how pelosi and schumer wanted more than what trump wanted.  So don't blame this solely on TRUMP wanted to spend spend spend.  We both watched the bullshit during covid and how they were fighting back and forth about it.  And yes, trump wanted to give out 2k to the individuals we all understand that.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, I also remember how pelosi and schumer wanted more than what trump wanted.  So don't blame this solely on TRUMP wanted to spend spend spend.  We both watched the bullshit during covid and how they were fighting back and forth about it.  And yes, trump wanted to give out 2k to the individuals we all understand that.

Actually I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears say he would have spent more, Trump or any other president can refuse to sign any spending bill, Trump gets the blame the same as you blame Obama and Biden. Trump also wanted to give money to the cruise ship industry.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Actually I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears say he would have spent more, Trump or any other president can refuse to sign any spending bill, Trump gets the blame the same as you blame Obama and Biden. Trump also wanted to give money to the cruise ship industry.

I actually blamed every fucking POS that voted for the every one of the stimulus packages.  They caused our current issues.  Just remember, the real people that win are always the people with the most to lose in the stock market etc and every one of these stimulus packages helped those people.

On 6/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, 1jkw said:

So the graph was all Ford and "other companies" who already planned to come back.  :lol:  

On 6/23/2022 at 8:34 AM, spin_dry said:

Here we go again with the graphs and more bullshit. Unreal. 

Are they wrong?

On 6/23/2022 at 8:37 AM, spin_dry said:

Want me to post the video where David Gregory stumps Obama's David Axelrod on the fact that most increase in oil production Obama benefited from was from actions of the Bush administration?   I recall Axelrod even admitted as much.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to go from permit to production?   Damn you people are dumb.

Obama played energy beautifully.   He could play both sides of the fence.   See production is up to please the right then show permits are way down to please the left.  

Onshore.png

Offshore.png

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So the graph was all Ford and "other companies" who already planned to come back.  :lol:  

Are they wrong?

Want me to post the video where David Gregory stumps Obama's David Axelrod on the fact that most increase in oil production Obama benefited from was from actions of the Bush administration?   I recall Axelrod even admitted as much.

No I didn't say that, but just like everything else Trump takes credit for things he had nothing to do with.  

How about the thousands of manufacturing jobs lost during the 2019 manufacturing recession, one factory in our area lost 1000 fulltime jobs with benefits, and another half dozen or so went belly up too, of course this had to be bad management and nothing to do with tariffs. 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

No I didn't say that, but just like everything else Trump takes credit for things he had nothing to do with.  

How about the thousands of manufacturing jobs lost during the 2019 manufacturing recession, one factory in our area lost 1000 fulltime jobs with benefits, and another half dozen or so went belly up too, of course this had to be bad management and nothing to do with tariffs. 

You are taking a very narrow view.  Mfg jobs in my area stayed extremely strong thru 2019.

Overall Trump was very good for mfg. even with an extremely strong dollar which hurts exports.  

The real hit came with COVID. 

201994-25653.png

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

You are taking a very narrow view.  Mfg jobs in my area stayed extremely strong thru 2019.

Overall Trump was very good for mfg. even with an extremely strong dollar which hurts exports.  

The real hit came with COVID. 

201994-25653.png

The point is you brought up gas prices during "Trump's booming economy," I pointed out that Trump's best years GDP was never any better than 2015 when gas prices were lower, debt was less, and deficit was smaller, this despite deregulation, tax cuts that brought on record debt and higher deficits.