Per Fox News…. Texas installing EV chargers

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Depends on the company.  VW went that route almost 5 years ago.  Others are doing the same.  Not vehicle of course, but powertrain development.  There are almost zero "new" engine blocks coming down the pipeline.  There is still some money in supporting legacy while they build up alternatives.

So not all then :thumb: 

Like I mentioned in another thread Stellantis just brought out a new 500+ hp 6 cylinder. Sounds like they are making the effort to please the non EV crowd. HD trucks will still be ICE for a while most likely and maybe some of the LD will still have ICE. Small cars, crossovers and a good chunk of SUV's are going EV but not all  just yet IMO

Just now, Skidooski said:

So not all then :thumb: 

Like I mentioned in another thread Stellantis just brought out a new 500+ hp 6 cylinder. Sounds like they are making the effort to please the non EV crowd. HD trucks will still be ICE for a while most likely and maybe some of the LD will still have ICE. Small cars, crossovers and a good chunk of SUV's are going EV but not all  just yet IMO

ICE development will continue, albeit to a lesser degree. Ford has well over 200,000 orders for the Ford Lightening. The handwriting is on the wall. Ford has successfully penetrated the a market that in the past detested EV's. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

ICE development will continue, albeit to a lesser degree. Ford has well over 200,000 orders for the Ford Lightening. The handwriting is on the wall. Ford has successfully penetrated the a market that in the past detested EV's. 

Yeah, they all wont cut bait and run full EV for a while yet IMO. But the push for EV is snowballing with the manufacturers for sure!

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah, they all wont cut bait and run full EV for a while yet IMO. But the push for EV is snowballing with the manufacturers for sure!

While I don't have any intention on owning an EV anytime soon, they really are the future. I wonder what's beyond EVs? 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

While I don't have any intention on owning an EV anytime soon, they really are the future. I wonder what's beyond EVs? 

Those of us who grew up watching the Jetsons know  :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The 200,000 is just people very interested in the Lightning. When their time comes, they will be notified that they can put their order in. They did this for the Bronco and not all that put in for it were serious customers.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Ford usually sells near a million ice f150s a yr. Evs are filling a niche. They get horrible mileage towing and it's 75g plus to get into one with 120 miles more range the normal 200.

Edited by Steve753