https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61890453.amp

Canada MPs given panic buttons as threats increase

• By Tiffany Wertheimer
  • BBC News
8 hours ago
Marco Mendicino

IMAGE SOURCE, REUTERS

Image caption, 

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino says he's received threats on social media

Canada's members of parliament will be given panic buttons to call police in an emergency, amid growing harassment, intimidation and threats of violence.

Maddening part is that the concerns of the GTA or downtown Vancouver are not the same concerns as the vast majority of the rest of the country.  No, I have never really felt the need to have a firearm to protect myself from 2 legged predators (although the big "man hunt" a couple of years ago for those 2 idiot kids from BC ended up in our small town).  BUT... I'd love to be able to carry a .357 or bigger in the bush or on the canoe while I'm out spending time hundreds of miles away from the next living person, camping and sleeping in one of the few areas in the world where black, grizzly and polar bears are all known to co-exist.  A rifle is good an all and that's why I picked up my 1895, but takes up a lot more packing room, extra weight, and more cumbersome to keep on you all the time while doing physical work.  And electric vehicles are NOT a feasible option for anyone I know.  The moron has to understand he is supposed to represent the entire country, not just his Laurentian elite buddies.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Thankfully Canada is a country that you don't need to live in fear of being attacked and killed in your home, it has never cross my mind.

Then there are people like AC and ACE that don't own any firearms but pretend to :lol:  

Bulshit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1