The Fattening Of America

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Agreed , that’s why government should step in a regulate these trash highly processed chemicals out of the food industry. We don’t let industry dispose of waste in our drinking water supply. Why should we let them load massive amounts of food with extremely damaging trash?

More gubment? You librul….lol

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd be all for the elimination of corn syrup, aspartame, fat substitutes, lots of preservatives, etc.  While we're at it, let's get rid of plastic food containers, especially for hot food.  BPA and phthalates are killing us men.  Testosterone levels are at historic lows.  Get all that shit out of our food now.

Fucking lobbyists though...

Lots of toxins and carcinogens are allowed in products we consume but because they are allowed in small enough quantities they can negate the negative health effects. Short term that may be true but over 30-40 years anything will have an effect. 

There are countless examples of this throughout our history. We were just talking about the Teflon situation and Dupont yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Stop blaming the food industry. They make what sells. Pretty easy to go to the bakery section,butcher section and the produce section. Then  proceed to the checkout. Have you seen how many calories are in some of these coffee drinks? What happened to making a cup of coffee at home? These fat fucks hit the drive through and start their day with a 1200 calories cup of coffee. For lunch they order a 1500 calorie salad at Applebee’s. 

they deserve some blame they put additives in they dont need to and shouldnt but still do for sales.  whats really concerning ta me is all the micro plastics they allow" in our foods today.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Agreed , that’s why government should step in a regulate these trash highly processed chemicals out of the food industry. We don’t let industry dispose of waste in our drinking water supply. Why should we let them load massive amounts of food with extremely damaging trash?

We kinda do

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yah we actually kinda do , fluoride 

Chlorine also but I was more referring to the water supply more than the drinking water. The govt allows dumping of various toxins in low levels so they just dilute them to the proper levels. It's referred as "dilution is the solution"

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Chlorine also but I was more referring to the water supply more than the drinking water. The govt allows dumping of various toxins in low levels so they just dilute them to the proper levels. It's referred as "dilution is the solution"

Yah....my dads an A license wastewater operator. I’m well aware of the saying lol

Just now, f7ben said:

Yah....my dads an A license wastewater operator. I’m well aware of the saying lol

That's why we aren't supposed to eat too much fish out of certain bodies of water ..

Just now, Anler said:

That's why we aren't supposed to eat too much fish out of certain bodies of water ..

Yah , my old man ran the first large scale municipal mercury mitigation pilot project. It would have brought them to 98% compliant with the best ridiculous technology out there at the time. It also would have cost each taxpayer in the municipality a 100% property tax increase which would have lasted 10 years. The state finally admitted they were never going to enforce the standard and it all went by the wayside. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Used to do a bunch of work at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation by 1st ave. They would always say the key to fixing pollution is the proper amount of dilution.

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

The government is the answer to societal issues that need central organization 

Then they need to start with fixing stupid.  This site is full of it and on average this site is MILES above the average 'merican.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Then they need to start with fixing stupid.  This site is full of it and on average this site is MILES above the average 'merican.

I don’t think that’s true. This site has some of the dumbest people I’ve witnessed anytime or anywhere. 

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t think that’s true. This site has some of the dumbest people I’ve witnessed anytime or anywhere. 

Notice I said average.  There are a large handful that seriously bring the average down

Just now, Deephaven said:

Notice I said average.  There are a large handful that seriously bring the average down

True story ....

When Kavanaugh was being confirmed I posted some text from decisions he was a part of highlighting justification for the opinion he was handing down and him being a friend to the police state at every potential opportunity.

The retard known as racer254 pipes up and proclaims....

”Those are just his OPINIONS , wait until he actually decides a case!!”

I was so blown away a person that fucking stupid was voting in this country it changed me forever 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

True story ....

When Kavanaugh was being confirmed I posted some text from decisions he was a part of highlighting justification for the opinion he was handing down and him being a friend to the police state at every potential opportunity.

I was so blown away a person that fucking stupid was voting in this country it changed me forever 

Lmao I remember

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

True story ....

racer does have a point. Every one of Trump's Supreme Court justices lied on at least one issue. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

True story ....

At minimum you should have to be a landowner to vote, or maybe at least a taxpayer.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/19/2022 at 7:22 AM, f7ben said:

Many Americans don’t have the sense or the means to eat a healthy diet. That does not excuse the food industry from intentionally putting garbage in store shelves. 

You can eat today's processed foods if you just keep your calorie intake and exercise to a reasonable level.  Yes there are obvious health benefits to a less processed diet but you can stay thin just by eating less and exercising more. 

Edited by Highmark