who created this site and how long has it been around?

• Gold Member

This place is like old school hcs. I appriciate it.

was just wondering, was this created fairly recently since hcs has gone full censorship mode or has it been around much longer and alot of posters just migrated here?

really enjoying posting thoughts without the thread being locked mid convo. 

regardless, keep up the good work fellas. probably the wrong subforum , not sure.

ZR8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZR800efi said:

was just wondering, was this created fairly recently since hcs has gone full censorship mode or has it been around much longer and alot of posters just migrated here?

regardless, keep up the good work fellas. probably the wrong subforum , not sure.

ZR8.

The man who originally started HCS also started FS after selling HCS. His name was Rob Lyons and he has since passed away. A good friend of his, ckf , picked up the torch and got this site running. Enjoy:bc:

3 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

ZR8.

Someone told me they (HCS) closed a thread for talking about gas prices and how sledding trips this winter are going to cost more than double.......

:lol2::lol:

HCS aka DooTalk 2.0

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Hey ZR, yup, HCS is truly going woke and i saw those threads shut down.  Can't say a damn thing without Smurfie or Steve fucking you over.   If you take a hard look there's probably about 6 guys there that know what they're doing.  All the good ones are banned.  Fucking joke

• Like 3

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Someone told me they (HCS) closed a thread for talking about gas prices and how sledding trips this winter are going to cost more than double.......

:lol2::lol:

HCS aka DooTalk 2.0

that was my thread yep.every one i makes now is locked by page 3 lol.

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, HSR said:

The man who originally started HCS also started FS after selling HCS. His name was Rob Lyons and he has since passed away. A good friend of his, ckf , picked up the torch and got this site running. Enjoy:bc:

awesome. like going back in time coming here to post. i get threads locked on hcs and dont even know why half the time.lol

i think i remember rob when i first signed up.he had a rev or something with an ungodly amount of kms on it as an avatar at one point?

Edited by ZR800efi

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, LexusLover said:

Hey ZR, yup, HCS is truly going woke and i saw those threads shut down.  Can't say a damn thing without Smurfie or Steve fucking you over.   If you take a hard look there's probably about 6 guys there that know what they're doing.  All the good ones are banned.  Fucking joke

yeah i started reading threads here and see alot of names i remembered from over there that never posted in forever.

so whats the deal with the smuf fellow? is he the new owner or wtf? banned alot of the og's ?

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

yeah i started reading threads here and see alot of names i remembered from over there that never posted in forever.

so whats the deal with the smuf fellow? is he the new owner or wtf? banned alot of the og's ?

who knows, the smurf idiot is probably sucked up to someone and got the position.  Never heard of the guy before until he became a mod and i was there for 9 years.  That site is truly now gone downhill.  Like i said, there are only a handful of peeps who know what they are doing, whereas before the ban hammer came down, there was a ton of peeps who knew what was what and helped out.  Sad to see, but wokeism is the shiny new toy of the decade it seems

• Like 3

I was on a motorcycle forum that has the same bullshit, the same 5 or 6 people are always right and anyone that calls them out are quickly banned from the site,

Its a local bike forum gtamotorcycle is the name, 

A bunch of you folks should sign up and spam the fuck out of it.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, ZR800efi said:

awesome. like going back in time coming here to post. i get threads locked on hcs and dont even know why half the time.lol

i think i remember rob when i first signed up.he had a rev or something with an ungodly amount of kms on it as an avatar at one point?

IIRC he first started with a site called Mileage Psychos and he rode a F7…I could be completely bass ackwards about this as well.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

IIRC he first started with a site called Mileage Psychos and he rode a F7…I could be completely bass ackwards about this as well.🤣

Others probably know more of the details, and can correct some of the mistakes below..

But just to show how old I am, and my memory of what was going on...

At the beginning Robs website didn't have a forum (iirc) it did have tips and tricks for working on poo sleds, including jetting tips, and how to build a tps tool (20+ years later and poo riders are still struggling with having the tps set properly from the factory???) I think it was just a sub page of his photo business website.

At the time amsnow was the dominate forum for trail riders, and snowest for the mountain guys.  Cat had employees who could, and freely did post on those sites, sharing excellent info (GLS was the head of the engine dept at AC, was fired by textron, and has been brought back as a consultant)

firecatinfo forum was started sometime in 2002, after Rob ordered an F7.  It picked up a pretty good following, and AC let Rob talk to a tech rep.

I was on amsnow quite a bit, since we had sold over 300 firecats that summer, I had a pretty good handle on everything, and was asked to join the new forum.

Some links to tickle memories from the web way back machine

Robs photo website

https://web.archive.org/web/20021128104202/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com/

The snowmobile page on his website Feb 2002:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020214001330/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com/snowmobiling/

Robs first ride review of a firecat:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020808100338/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com/snowmobiling/firecat.htm

The first mention of a forum I can find, Sept 2002:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020927071604/https://www.hardcoresledder.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20021003000657/http://www.hardcoresledder.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl

Edited by krom
  • Like 4

hcs has gone to the woke side. any mention of brandon , gets closed. feels like an extension of cnn. i still go on there as well as some others i know. too bad, at that time you couldn't wait to get on and see what was going on

• Like 3

Meh- Smurfy71 is a VerticalScope lackey who's sole purpose seems to be to kill what little joy remains on HCS. For the most part, I've avoided anything controversial, but still have managed to be sent a few love letters (but I still haven't been banned on HCS). VS has adopted rules similar to Facebook which shows that they really don't understand snowmobile culture at all. I'm still able to get some decent Matryx info over there, but the site seems to be now catered towards beginners versus the "Hardcore" aspect of the sport which made HCS so unique. 

The thing that made HCS appealing- camaraderie among snowmobilers, and the ball busting that we do around the bar, is no longer allowed on HCS.  

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Meh- Smurfy71 is a VerticalScope lackey who's sole purpose seems to be to kill what little joy remains on HCS. For the most part, I've avoided anything controversial, but still have managed to be sent a few love letters (but I still haven't been banned on HCS). VS has adopted rules similar to Facebook which shows that they really don't understand snowmobile culture at all. I'm still able to get some decent Matryx info over there, but the site seems to be now catered towards beginners versus the "Hardcore" aspect of the sport which made HCS so unique. 

The thing that made HCS appealing- camaraderie among snowmobilers, and the ball busting that we do around the bar, is no longer allowed on HCS.  

maybe call it scs . soft core sledder

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

2 out of the 5 were mine.lol.serious.

It's sad how they close threads instead of having a discussion about what post or posts are not allowed and try to keep threads open, close & ban but the Motivational Poster (aka The women Pic ) thread stays open??? I wonder how some of the Women working at Verticalscope would feel about seeing a thread like that?? They hide the General discussion forum towards the bottom of the forum pages & you have to be logged onto the site to see the GDF....... DooTalk 2.0 

• Like 1

Again, they are treating it like Faceplant, thereby applying rules that they think would create the least offensive environment, thus stimulating an increase in membership and posts. VerticalScope alienated the very thing that made HCS successful and unique when they adopted their snowflake policies. 

It's obvious that they do not understand snowmobile culture, or the value of what they purchased when they became the new owners of HCS. 

Now, "Hardcore" is nothing more than a discussion about what length of carbide to use, or which direction to turn the jam nut on a tie rod.....

Well, to give credit where credit is due ... some HCS members familiar with what Vertical Scope does to motorsports sites called it early on saying, "VS will destroy this site - it's not IF it's WHEN."  And it seems like HCS survived (relatively speaking) until Joe Pishgar got involved & the DooTalk pussies (Pit Grunt) saw what was going on.  End of story and end of HCS (late 2020).

This place is a good entertainment venue, but you have to be willing to wear big boy pants.  The snowmobile content is a bit on the lacking side, but it's not terrible here either ... just need to keep getting people to participate in it vs. spending all their time talking about political BS.

• Like 1

@Bontz Just some opinions and perceptions after lurking here for the last year. I like this site, but HCS is still my "go to" site for snowmobile info- even with their garbage politically correct policies. HCS sucks, but I'm still there. 

To be frank, this site really only appeals to the fringe members that used to post on the HCS General Discussion Forum. Ask yourself, why would anyone seek this site out or even come here? You either need to be familiar with exiled members of HCS, or ????? It's certainly not for the snowmobile content. Unless you've spent the last 20 years trolling on HCS (like me), this site probably has limited appeal or value. I've made some real life friends through HCS, and the sport continues to be my daily passion. 

Unfortunately, actual snowmobile content here is far too limited, and you're not going to get many new members here just by people randomly dropping by. Freedomsledder is a political dumpster fire that is loosely bound by snowmobiling. We're more likely to be identified as a frat house than a snowmobile site. 

New HCS is far too timid. Facebook is far too stupid. Freedomsledder is a bit too extreme. OLD HCS was just right.....

• Like 4

• Gold Member

both sites have there uses.

if ya want tech info and news on certain brands , theres arctic chat , doo talk and totally gay , i mean yamaha.

ive used hcs for about 20 percent info and 80 percent entertainment personally. this place definitely is more appealing for my interests.if i need to know what helix i need ill post it on hcs.for everything else, itll be here now on for me for the most part.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

i made a thread on hcs 'all in favour of bringing back current events post yes '

by page 2 papa smurf said ' this is not up for discussion ' 'thread locked.

lol.

• Haha 1