Former member here and HCS BIG FUSE

I know Ed was on here a bit but was a big part of HCS Polaris pages . He had been battling ALS the past 3-4yrs. He passed away yesterday.

He was a character online and in person but had a huge heart, I rode with him quite few times. He couldn't walk anymore a couple years back but with determination, we would lift him on his sled and he still rode hard, almost 3000miles 2yrs ago. When I got my Assault this November he offered to give me advice. I last talked to him on the phone in June and online mid December.

He was well known in the Moto X scene up here, and an excellent photographer

RIP Eddie!!! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

R.I.P. Ed - Big Fuse - Big Fuss....... If you remember his user name you'll remember his avatar pic........ yay2.gif.0f3614d7abc361da61ee351c45e5bd93.gif

1756993058_archerypractice.jpg.6e68b7188209e0511acdae9a6786d519.jpg

First thing that popped into my head.

• Like 1

Sad to hear :sad: 

I think he went by a different name here. I think it could have been Redheaded Stepchild maybe? I know that I shared many PM's with him about photography. He did a fantastic job photographing dirt bikes.

RIP Ed :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sad to hear :sad: 

I think he went by a different name here. I think it could have been Redheaded Stepchild maybe? I know that I shared many PM's with him about photography. He did a fantastic job photographing dirt bikes.

RIP Ed :(

Redheaded Stepchild I think you're right, Stinker was using his account for awhile along with god knows who knows how many other accounts. 

12 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Redheaded Stepchild I think you're right, Stinker was using his account for awhile along with god knows who knows how many other accounts. 

I think you are right. I was probably to hard on Ed when I banned his account. Hell, I was probably to hard on Dave too. Unless we were to stop taking new members there is no way to keep someone off the site if they want to be here. Between cellphone's and VPN's,  it's much harder to block someone. I know some might not agree, but I always liked Dave. If we were ever in the same area at the same time I would be happy to share a drink or a meal with Dave. Off the top of my head....Zoso is the only one that I can think of that I wouldn't.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think you are right. I was probably to hard on Ed when I banned his account. Hell, I was probably to hard on Dave too. Unless we were to stop taking new members there is no way to keep someone off the site if they want to be here. Between cellphone's and VPN's,  it's much harder to block someone. I know some might not agree, but I always liked Dave. If we were ever in the same area at the same time I would be happy to share a drink or a meal with Dave. Off the top of my head....Zoso is the only one that I can think of that I wouldn't.

1 exclusion is not bad for the number of members. hell if you weren't 5 hours away i would stop by ...

• Like 1

Just now, sleepybrew said:

1 exclusion is not bad for the number of members. hell if you weren't 5 hours away i would stop by ...

I try to get along with everyone. I've always looked at it as my extended dysfunctional family, lol. Nobody here is perfect, that's for sure.

Yeah, 5 hours each way is a bit far. @Rigid1  and I have talked about trying to get together sometime around Burlington.  That's about 2 hours from here.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

I try to get along with everyone. I've always looked at it as my extended dysfunctional family, lol. Nobody here is perfect, that's for sure.

Yeah, 5 hours each way is a bit far. @Rigid1  and I have talked about trying to get together sometime around Burlington.  That's about 2 hours from here.

i have been to the kingdom riding mountain bike. that i think is close to you. rigid i think is about an hour from me. i go through his town to go camping/sledding. there are some hcs members that are close to me. maybe even some on here. i got to ride with rynex and his wife from hcs. good people that like to fly like we do!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i have been to the kingdom riding mountain bike. that i think is close to you. rigid i think is about an hour from me. i go through his town to go camping/sledding. there are some hcs members that are close to me. maybe even some on here. i got to ride with rynex and his wife from hcs. good people that like to fly like we do!

Yes, Burke is about 20 minutes from here. 

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I typed in " Redheaded Stepchild " in the search box and the thread about Stinker using his account was one of the things that popped up. Stinker aka Dave is/was not a bad guy JMO he always felt the need to reply to pretty much every comment or thread posted and he really really really wanted to be a Mod/Admin on several sites. I guess I don't understand why he didn't keep his own site going??? it seemed like there were a lot of people who liked his quad/atv site he was just selective of who he allowed on his site and who he didn't allow. Dave had/has a lot of good info on quads & sleds he just did NOT want people to know he was a dealer. I do know one thing for sure he hates me with a passion...... lol.gif.1159dae416188cc7065a2f14299b7c8a.gif

Again JMO why not allow him (Dave aka Super-stinker) back on here what's the worst thing that could happen..... He gets banned again or he might not even want to be a part of this site any more.... :dunno: