What the national news outlets will report on and what they won't

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Platinum Contributing Member

Double negative for the MSM.   A firearm used to save lives and a minority shooter.  

• Gold Member

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Only way to kill a Bad person with a Gun, is a Good person with a Gun. 

Like the cops in Uvalde ? 

Precisely how many examples of a 'good guy with a gun' stopping a mass shooting (aside from law enforcement) can you site since 1994 ?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Gold Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Precisely how many examples of a 'good guy with a gun' (aside from law enforcement) can you site since 1994 ?  

Dude those Cops stood down. 
Parents were tackled from entering. 
border patrol agent was close and tried to assist was told to stand down. 

Also this school weirdly ran multiple drills for active shooters and yet they did not follow any of the things they were trained to do….

lots of questions that won’t ever get answered. 

there are examples of Good Guys with Guns everyday in America. 

You sure got those anti gun zings down pat for a “Gun Owner“ xD

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Precisely how many examples of a 'good guy with a gun' stopping a mass shooting (aside from law enforcement) can you site since 1994 ?  

How many instances of defensive gun use are there each year?

The number of DGUs, as these incidents are commonly known, is hard to pin down. Law enforcement agencies don’t typically classify DGUs as a standalone category. The FBI tracks justifiable homicides, but states aren’t required to submit those figures, so the data is incomplete. And the FBI figures omit defensive assaults, in which someone fights off an attack, and brandishing's.

According to the survey, firearms were used defensively in 166,900 nonfatal violent crimes between 2014 and 2018, which works out to an average of 33,380 per year. Over the same period, defensive gun use was reported in 183,300 property crimes, or an average of 36,660 per year. 

Taken together, that’s 70,040 instances of defensive gun use per year.

https://www.thetrace.org/2022/06/defensive-gun-use-data-good-guys-with-guns/

According to almost every major study on the issue, Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/12-times-gun-owners-defended-themselves-and-others

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Since when did Trumptards care about blacks?

Personally, I don't....cept Steve Harvey.... even though he dissed Trump after praising him... but that's okay he's still cool

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Dude those Cops stood down. 
Parents were tackled from entering. 
border patrol agent was close and tried to assist was told to stand down. 

Also this school weirdly ran multiple drills for active shooters and yet they did not follow any of the things they were trained to do….

lots of questions that won’t ever get answered. 

there are examples of Good Guys with Guns everyday in America. 

You sure got those anti gun zings down pat for a “Gun Owner“ xD

Uvalde was beyond fucked up in all facets 

Grew up with a fishing pole in one hand and a firearm of some nature for hunting in the other.  I'm not a 'gun nut' or NRA cheerleader though, so does that disqualify me from meaningful conversation? 

Frankly, I find most gun nuts detached from reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

How many instances of defensive gun use are there each year?

The number of DGUs, as these incidents are commonly known, is hard to pin down. Law enforcement agencies don’t typically classify DGUs as a standalone category. The FBI tracks justifiable homicides, but states aren’t required to submit those figures, so the data is incomplete. And the FBI figures omit defensive assaults, in which someone fights off an attack, and brandishing's.

According to the survey, firearms were used defensively in 166,900 nonfatal violent crimes between 2014 and 2018, which works out to an average of 33,380 per year. Over the same period, defensive gun use was reported in 183,300 property crimes, or an average of 36,660 per year. 

Taken together, that’s 70,040 instances of defensive gun use per year.

https://www.thetrace.org/2022/06/defensive-gun-use-data-good-guys-with-guns/

According to almost every major study on the issue, Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year.

https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/12-times-gun-owners-defended-themselves-and-others

You didn't answer my question.  

Try again tomorrow.

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Wow nice work. Van outta Fuel today? Waiting for that SSI check? Stuck down by the river again? 

I always have time to bust some GOP bullshit. “nObOdY rEpOrTs”

You will NEVER see anything on any news outlet about how many lives were saved or how many violent crimes were thwarted by people with firearms. That is never discussed

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I always have time to bust some GOP bullshit. “nObOdY rEpOrTs”

You sound like you got beat up a lot as a kid. 
The GOP rage is hilarious :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Uvalde was beyond fucked up in all facets 

Grew up with a fishing pole in one hand and a firearm of some nature for hunting in the other.  I'm not a 'gun nut' or NRA cheerleader though, so does that disqualify me from meaningful conversation? 

Frankly, I find most gun nuts detached from reality.

The Gun Nuts are totally fucked also I agree. 
that’s the problem we have 2 polar opposites with the normal Guys like us stuck in the middle. Divide and conquer once again, I’m guessing by design 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

You will NEVER see anything on any news outlet about how many lives were saved or how many violent crimes were thwarted by people with firearms. That is never discussed

It would

make 

guns

look

gud

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

One would think the NRA would have some information to back their assertion that their political parrots continue to caw.