Getting ready to move the boat

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Can you afford to drive that boat? I had some experience with 454's in the 80's. They drink a lot of gas. You have two of them. 

At Hull speed and beat efficient it will push close to 2mpg. It’s not great but some trips are manageable 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

At Hull speed and beat efficient it will push close to 2mpg. It’s not great but some trips are manageable 

In boat speak it's gallons per hour...those displacement hulls are thirsty. However sunset booze cruise is totally worth the price of admission. 

45 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

In boat speak it's gallons per hour...those displacement hulls are thirsty. However sunset booze cruise is totally worth the price of admission. 

It’s actually a semi-planing hull

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You mean 2 gallons per mile?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

outstanding Ben.  Inhope you can get a maiden voyage on her this year.  We’re chillaxing on our boat right now and life is good.  :bc: 

C757A607-92E6-4A71-9AA2-47C5A7E24F74.jpeg

Definitely won’t happen this year. I can’t do it if I wanted to. I’m on a waiting list for a slip and won’t move it to the water until Thats a go

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:29 PM, f7ben said:

Guy I talked with at the river a few weeks ago had an early 90s boat about the same size as yours with two 454s.  He said he could burn up a 300 gallon tank in a long weekend.  With fuel prices this year he had been at the sand bar for the last 4 days.

Still boats out but not nearly as many just cruising.

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Guy I talked with at the river a few weeks ago had an early 90s boat about the same size as yours with two 454s.  He said he could burn up a 300 gallon tank in a long weekend.  With fuel prices this year he had been at the sand bar for the last 4 days.

Still boats out but not nearly as many just cruising.

Well at cruise speed of say 20mph you could easily be reduced to .6 mpg or so. If you wanna run around on plane for a couple hundred miles in a long weekend then yah it would be retarded expensive.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, f7ben said:

Well at cruise speed of say 20mph you could easily be reduced to .6 mpg or so. If you wanna run around on plane for a couple hundred miles in a long weekend then yah it would be retarded expensive.

Too bad it looks like you aren't going to collect on that money from uncle z snotty.

@f7ben a month after his boat purchase. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Too bad it looks like you aren't going to collect on that money from uncle z snotty.

@f7ben a month after his boat purchase. 

I’m sure I’ll be laid off and bankrupt within months. Should have put boat in my dads name!!!