Getting ready to move the boat

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

On the trailer and it fits well , radar arch is down. Few more things to remove up top and we’ll strap her down and maybe try and click off some miles tonight 

D7AF4DE1-6029-44EF-80F3-193B3F069062.jpeg

I can see that being a couple feet lower after the first bridge, looks kind of high, over 13' 6" best of luck

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I can see that being a couple feet lower after the first bridge, looks kind of high, over 13' 6" best of luck

Yeah was just gonna say, get those height numbers dialed and watch out for crossing under the bridges.  Place I used to work at had alotta box trucks, and at least 2-3 every year would get the box peeled back like it was can openered under a bridge :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah was just gonna say, get those height numbers dialed and watch out for crossing under the bridges.  Place I used to work at had alotta box trucks, and at least 2-3 every year would get the box peeled back like it was can openered under a bridge :lol: 

• Gold Member

There is a bridge in Clinton that is super low. 
When I use to work at the Boat dealer I was following behind a Coworker and watched him take a Bimini top out on a 24ft Chaparral Cruiser. Barely missed the windshield , got lucky. 😬😂

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I’m definitely taller than my permit but I don’t believe there is a single bridge on my route home. I have a strap running the length of the top so if I touch and cables they will roll right over. Hopefully I don’t get stopped 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m definitely taller than my permit but I don’t believe there is a single bridge on my route home. I have a strap running the length of the top so if I touch and cables they will roll right over. Hopefully I don’t get stopped 

If you are ripping it across 2, there is a bridge on the west side of Hurley and another on the east side of Superior, but nothing you can't go around.  Scale by Superior too.

11 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The superior scale and bridge is easy to get around. Msg me here and i can talk you through it if you need help

Please send me a message with a route to skip the scale if you are familiar with a good way. I’ve been looking but not 100% sure which way to get around Superior/Duluth 

38 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you are ripping it across 2, there is a bridge on the west side of Hurley and another on the east side of Superior, but nothing you can't go around.  Scale by Superior too.

Both those bridges are over 16’03 as they aren’t listed on the Wisconsin low bridge list.

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Both those bridges are over 16’03 as they aren’t listed on the Wisconsin low bridge list.

I'm not positive but i think the 1 west of hurley was replaced with a roundabout 

12 hours ago, Cat45 said:

I'm not positive but i think the 1 west of hurley was replaced with a roundabout 

It is a roundabout now.

Honestly, the scale by Superior runs a pretty limited schedule, but 53 is a major route that will get you South.

The Duluth/Superior portion is hard to answer.  I'm not sure of the current status on the construction.  The detour through Superior did not look easy for an oversize.

Sounds like a fun adventure.  Good Luck.

Jeez you guys, have a little faith in the guy. I mean what could go wrong :dunno: It’s not like he’s accident prone. I think he’ll make a great boat Captain 

47700D2A-D78A-4B61-8D7F-9869426D3C29.jpeg

• Haha 1

That boat should be moved to a boat crushing/recycling yard!!! LMMFAO!!

What a piece of crap!! CRUSH THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!! 

Goffy-lookin' truck and a stupid old shit-boat. 

What did you pay for that pile of junk? 

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

That boat should be moved to a boat crushing/recycling yard!!! LMMFAO!!

What a piece of crap!! CRUSH THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!! 

Goffy-lookin' truck and a stupid old shit-boat. 

What did you pay for that pile of junk? 

You old bitch, you aint even got a boat. You couldn't give enough handjobs to pay for that boat and Sandy's wont let you store it next to your cardboard living room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

You old bitch, you aint even got a boat. You couldn't give enough handjobs to pay for that boat and Sandy's wont let you store it next to your cardboard living room.

True statement 

• Like 1