Auto repos have arrived.

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The ecoboost has proven vastly more reliable than the 5.0 , numbers dont lie

I don't have any numbers to go by, just going by mine and others experience.  I guess I'm glad I got a good 5.0..

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

I don't have any numbers to go by, just going by mine and others experience.  I guess I'm glad I got a good 5.0..

I wasn’t saying the 5.0 was bad. I owned 2 brand new ones and never had an issue. I think the 3.5 EB is just that good. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wasn’t saying the 5.0 was bad. I owned 2 brand new ones and never had an issue. I think the 3.5 EB is just that good. 

I drove a 3.5 ecoboost F150 the other day it had some snort....especially compared to my 18 5.3 Silverado...the power, shift points, driveability are just shit. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I drove a 3.5 ecoboost F150 the other day it had some snort....especially compared to my 18 5.3 Silverado...the power, shift points, driveability are just shit. 

Yah the whole 5.3 package has been an abortion for 20 years. The worst part about that engine is it runs forever ....just piston slapping away with anemic power and average everything else lol

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah the whole 5.3 package has been an abortion for 20 years. The worst part about that engine is it runs forever ....just piston slapping away with anemic power and average everything else lol

Yep I hate the 5.3! No idea how it lasted this long of a run! . Only way id buy a 1500 Chevy is with the 6.2 but try finding one.

F150 5.0 likes waterpumps and timing chains. My buddy has 160k and has done his waterpump twice now, t chain also. 

My Dad has a ecoboost Raptor it def is impressive but not sure I wanna own one long term. I keep my trucks a long time. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

One cousin had his 3.5 Ecoboost throw a rod. The others is smoking bad right now.

Yep, I just dont trust Ford engines sorry. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

That’s funny you say that. I bought a 2000 Tahoe brand new, and that’s exactly how it ran for almost 200,000 miles before I get rid of it. All that clutter and it didn’t burn a drop of oil even at the end. Do you think they would’ve come up with something newer and better in all that time

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Timing chain at some point in the 125-150k range and bulletproof other than that. 

Provided the oil is changed every 5k miles. I wouldn’t touch a used ecoboost without full oil change records. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Provided the oil is changed every 5k miles. I wouldn’t touch a used ecoboost without full oil change records. 

Yes turbo motors need a somewhat stricter oil change regimen , that is just common sense 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes turbo motors need a somewhat stricter oil change regimen , that is just common sense 

Common sense is in short supply when it comes to vehicle maintenance. Ecoboost motors are also hard on gasket materials because of heat. Of the newest ford motors, the 3.7 w/external water pump is about their most dependable offering. 

I change my oil every 9-10k miles and all of my vehicles have had a good life span. Usually other stuff starts to break down and then I let it go. I've had good luck with gm v-8's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Common sense is in short supply when it comes to vehicle maintenance. Ecoboost motors are also hard on gasket materials because of heat. Of the newest ford motors, the 3.7 w/external water pump is about their most dependable offering. 

There are countless 3.5s going way past 200k with just maintenance. My dad owns one of them and it’s showing no signs of slowing. The truck will rot out and fall apart before the motor is done 

10 hours ago, EvilBird said:

150 5.0 likes waterpumps and timing chains. My buddy has 160k and has done his waterpump twice now, t chain also. 

Had the water pump on my 5.0 go at about 130k.  Had to be towed home a few miles.  No big deal, easy repair.  I'll keep a closer eye on it in the future.  150k on it now.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:32 AM, Frostynuts said:

I,m ready to buy a lot of different stuff at a fair and reasonable price. Anyone know where I can buy a like new, low mileage truck, in Ontario, Canada, at a repo price ? i see all the scam adds, but where can you actally buy a real one ? I talked to my local bank manager, but he says that is all handled by Toronto, which is a PITA to deal with. The vehicles all go off to auction.

Try to find a independent dealer who can go to the adessa auctions.  Most are off lease.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

That,s a 4K hit up here in Canada. Seen it, first hand, on a friends truck.

Yes it’s not a cheap job. I think it was $2500 when my dad had his done on the stealership. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:14 PM, f7ben said:

There are countless 3.5s going way past 200k with just maintenance. My dad owns one of them and it’s showing no signs of slowing. The truck will rot out and fall apart before the motor is done 

Keep talking,,I like to hear that :thumb: My 13 eb F150 only has 60k miles on it.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:16 AM, Snake said:

Thread fail, 1 post in.

Is the water in the river where that idiot lives polluted?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Has member on ignore,,,,responds to thread anyway. What a snowflake :lol:

On 6/4/2022 at 7:52 AM, f7ben said:

The ecoboost has proven vastly more reliable than the 5.0 , numbers dont lie

On 6/4/2022 at 8:16 AM, f7ben said:

23 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yes it’s not a cheap job. I think it was $2500 when my dad had his done on the stealership. 

Sounds awesome 🤦

11 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Sounds awesome 🤦

It’s a maintenance item. I believe the entire job consists of timing chain , tensioners and water pump also. 

On 6/3/2022 at 8:11 AM, Mainecat said:

Worked part time in the early 70’s towing cars overnight  during the oil embargo. I must have towed dozens of big old gas’s guzzling burned out cars from the local woods over a summer. Crown Vics, Lincoln’s, Olds Buicks all gas pigs no one wanted. Owners would just torch em for insurance money.

:lies: