i am crushed

25 minutes ago, polaris7541 said:

had to put my zelda down today my best friend

I am very sorry for you're loss. :/

It seems to me that the good lord in his infinite wisdom gave us three things to make life bearable- hope, jokes, and dogs. But the greatest of these was dogs.“ —  Robyn Davidson Australian writer 1950

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, polaris7541 said:

had to put my zelda down today my best friend

I’m so sorry to hear this…been there more than a few times and it’s absolutely gut wrenching and heart breaking. Hang in there.😔

• Thanks 1

so sorry. i have lost 3 goldens , and honestly still cry over all 3. anniversary dates are tough. i could be a good crying actor. i can get tears in a blink by just thinking about those days. some of the worst days of my life. hang in there my man. i find another helps, though there is no replacing. i always say , if there is a heaven i hope my dogs are waiting for me

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Thanks 1

I've made the 2 hour drive to the vet 6 times in my life.3 gogs and a cat of ours and 2 of my good buddies dogs. Cry full tilt both ways, My first Balck lab was the worst,,,barely made it out of the vets office.Everyone in the waiting room saw me and started crying. It's why I took 5 years pet free before getting my current Lab.

VERY sorry for your loss,,I feel your pain bud.

• Thanks 1

thank you all for the kind words,, it makes me feel like I'm not alone,, my first pup was named daddys nicholet,, she was very special,, she knew  every word I said,, when she was dyeing we drove around to all her favorite places,, after awhile I got zelda,, nikki s twin for sure,, its like loosing nikki twice ,, it really hurts

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

congrats man. they never replace or fill the shoes. but they have their own way of being your best friend. my goldens all acted different but the same. really weird when they lay in the same spot in the yard. nothing like going home to that, and on the flip side very bad when they are gone and the house is empty

• Like 1