Dems: We must do something....anything

NRA: Lets harden the schools to help protect our children

Dems: We don't want to turn the schools into PRISONS!!!11

Edited by Skidooski

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Dems: We must do something....anything

NRA: Lets harden the schools to help protect out children

Dems: We don't want to turn the schools into PRISONS!!!11

I think arming teachers is dumb, schools should have professional security or cops. Unfortunately that is where we are at today. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I think arming teachers is dumb, schools should have professional security or cops. Unfortunately that is where we are at today. 

Agreed! Teachers have a hard enough time teaching and I don't trust them with guns. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

They do , the cop in Florida hid in a dumpster while the place got shot up. The cops in Avalde waited an hour. The worthless cops are not reliable. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

They do , the cop in Florida hid in a dumpster while the place got shot up. The cops in Avalde waited an hour. The worthless cops are not reliable. 

Well then I guess there is nothing we can do to protect our kids. If a cop is too scared to do his job then who is going to? Teachers with guns? 

Just now, Anler said:

Well then I guess there is nothing we can do to protect our kids. If a cop is too scared to do his job then who is going to? Teachers with guns? 

I don’t agree with arming teachers at all , that’s fucking stupid 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's the problem.

Its dumb anyway. teachers arent trained security they are educators. Its foolish to think they could perform better than the cops and it just makes more problems having more guns already in the schools. Kids will have access to them then. 

Guess we arm the kids then?

seems they are good with guns?

crazy we need to even discuss this shit!

biggest thing we worried about back in the day is if we were going to get caught running down to the store between classes!!

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Guess we arm the kids then?

seems they are good with guns?

crazy we need to even discuss this shit!

biggest thing we worried about back in the day is if we were going to get caught running down to the store between classes!!

More guns has not worked…period.

• Haha 1

Why can’t politicians just be honest. School children and others are going to die. There’s zero evidence that “hardening” anything in society is going to prevent mass shootings. It’s a fantasy. 

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Why can’t politicians just be honest. School children and others are going to die. There’s zero evidence that “hardening” anything in society is going to prevent mass shootings. It’s a fantasy. 

Exactly ....bad people are going to do bad things and no amount of destroying our rights is going to prevent that. The fucking end 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Exactly ....bad people are going to do bad things and no amount of destroying our rights is going to prevent that. The fucking end 

Teaching kids to barricade and hide in place is basically a sure death sentence.  The school hardening idea is ridiculous. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Teaching kids to barricade and hide in place is basically a sure death sentence.  The school hardening idea is ridiculous. 

You can’t teach a 10 year old to do anything when someone is unleashing hell a few steps from them with a gun. Most grown men would fall the ground and piss themselves. Get fucking real

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You can’t teach a 10 year old to do anything when someone is unleashing hell a few steps from them with a gun. Most grown men would fall the ground and piss themselves. Get fucking real

It’s absolutely possible with 2nd and 3rd graders with proper training and a teacher that’s properly trained dealing with an active shooter. Will every kid be saved? No. But the system that’s in place now is a death sentence. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It’s absolutely possible with 2nd and 3rd graders with proper training and a teacher that’s properly trained dealing with an active shooter. Will every kid be saved? No. But the system that’s in place now is a death sentence. 

I have had active shooter training a few times. It’s flee or barricade and finally fight back. Those are the steps they teach. 

Edited by f7ben

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I have had active shooter trading a few times. It’s flee or barricade and finally fight back. Those are the steps they teach. 

We had an active shooter situation at our high school last year. The school had a protocol in place and it worked pretty good. However it turned out to be a false alarm in the end. 

Just now, Anler said:

We had an active shooter situation at our high school last year. The school had a protocol in place and it worked pretty good. However it turned out to be a false alarm in the end. 

Tough to say how well it worked when nobody tried to shoot the place up for real though eh?

Just now, f7ben said:

Tough to say how well it worked when nobody tried to shoot the place up for real though eh?

For sure but the protocol went as planned. Everyone did what they were supposed to. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck 

Dude you should have seen this place. You've been to my house, the high school is right across the street. There must have been 6 or seven choppers flying over. They had swat guys on the roof in like 15 minutes after the call. Also police from 11 surrounding towns. Was fucking nuts.