Minneapolis 2022

How long will the residents of Minneapolis and Hennepin County let this go on before they throw out all the do nothing prosecutors and judges?

THE NUMBERS 
Across certain neighborhoods in North and South Minneapolis, ShotSpotter acoustic sensors are strategically placed to monitor gunfire. 

However, the FOX 9 Investigators have found when police respond to activations of the system, they often don’t find any evidence of a crime. 

The FOX 9 investigators dug through thousands of records obtained from the Minneapolis Police Department through a public records request. The data documents all ShotSpotter activations from January 2020 through September 2021. 

The data reveals during that timeframe, MPD responded to ShotSpotter activations roughly 8,500 times. About 80 percent of the time, officers documented no evidence of a gun-related crime. Only 32 total activations led to an arrest – that’s less than one percent of the time. 

image.png.ca60f10689016a4aa2854187b27ffcf2.png

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

At least the new Minneapolis Chief of Police gets it - his last statement in this article is SPOT ON.

Year-to-date auto thefts have more than doubled in Minneapolis, police say - KSTP.com 5 Eyewitness News

“It’s become such a huge issue that these kids are learning there’s no accountability and they’re becoming more and more involved in other crimes and that’s the problem,” he added.

Sounds like Broken Windows policing to me.

I've told my wife don't go down there.  I no longer take customers or employees down there either.  I get about as far north as the airport these days.

I'm done with school forever at this point so that was good timing.  Where I used to park was by the corner of Cedar and Franklin.  The Taco Bell there has closed and is now a homeless encampment.

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sounds like Broken Windows policing to me.

I've told my wife don't go down there.  I no longer take customers or employees down there either.  I get about as far north as the airport these days.

I'm done with school forever at this point so that was good timing.  Where I used to park was by the corner of Cedar and Franklin.  The Taco Bell there has closed and is now a homeless encampment.

100% agree. 

However, the kids I used to have had this great idea of taking me to a Twins game for my birthday - well, I opted for a day game this past Monday (70 degrees and sunny, it was fabulous weather!), and holy shit, I have NEVER seen such a police presence as I did.  Seriously, every floor of the parking ramp, all hallways of the skyway we walked inside, outside the front of the ballpark, inside the ballpark, walking out of the gates after the game, two and three officers at a time, and squad cars parked and driving everywhere.  The Twins must have quite the pull on the law enforcement community during games, because every single group was represented, Paid Security, Minneapolis Police, Hennepin County Sheriff's, and even State Patrol's!

I'm sure it doesn't look like that an hour after the game... we didn't hang around to find out.

• Like 2

Used to think Chicago was someplace we had to get through to go somewhere better and the Twin Shittes was where us country hicks went on vacation.

Now Chicago is where I'd go and the Shitties are just a inconvenience on the way there.  

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

At least the new Minneapolis Chief of Police gets it - his last statement in this article is SPOT ON.

Year-to-date auto thefts have more than doubled in Minneapolis, police say - KSTP.com 5 Eyewitness News

He certainly doesn't sound like the same old B.S. and political posturing we've heard over and over.

Cedric Alexander seems to also be a no B.S. guy.  I like that dude.  I hope he continues being a straight shooter and a doer.

BTW, I agree entirely with the chief being spot on.  The issue won't fix itself with kids doing the crime with little or no repercussion.  There are plenty of people that know we have a problem.  Not many are willing to seriously address it head on.  Playing nicey nice politics isn't the answer.

It's a relief to hear a couple people that actually sound like they have balls and a real focus on real problems.

3 hours ago, akvanden said:

I had thought less cops but more social workers and therapists were supposed to fix this?

Well they didn’t actually do that so???? Also they never defunded anything. The worthless cops all just threw a tantrum and quit doing anything at all. 

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well they didn’t actually do that so???? Also they never defunded anything. The worthless cops all just threw a tantrum and quit doing anything at all. 

I might feel a bit jaded too if I came under attack and was blamed for an entire communities problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I might feel a bit jaded too if I came under attack and was blamed for an entire communities problems.

Well they are trash people and a trash force so there that !!!

• Sad 1

On 4/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, Mag6240 said:

100% agree. 

However, the kids I used to have had this great idea of taking me to a Twins game for my birthday - well, I opted for a day game this past Monday (70 degrees and sunny, it was fabulous weather!), and holy shit, I have NEVER seen such a police presence as I did.  Seriously, every floor of the parking ramp, all hallways of the skyway we walked inside, outside the front of the ballpark, inside the ballpark, walking out of the gates after the game, two and three officers at a time, and squad cars parked and driving everywhere.  The Twins must have quite the pull on the law enforcement community during games, because every single group was represented, Paid Security, Minneapolis Police, Hennepin County Sheriff's, and even State Patrol's!

I'm sure it doesn't look like that an hour after the game... we didn't hang around to find out.

They had a really hard time filling that stadium last season. Probably do not want a repeat of that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They had a really hard time filling that stadium last season. Probably do not want a repeat of that. 

Yah they sucked really bad last season. Had nothing to do with faggot ass cops or safety 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah they sucked really bad last season. Had nothing to do with faggot ass cops or safety 

Probably had nothing to do with people’s perception of the city. If it wasn’t, they wouldn’t have the area crawling with law enforcement. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

So apparently using the excuse that teenagers brains aren't developed until 25 and letting them walk on all these auto thefts wasn't working... Huh, who's ideas were these again??

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/moriarty-to-announce-new-effort-to-slow-auto-thefts-by-teens/

But 5 year olds are mature enough to choose their gender 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

But 5 year olds are mature enough to choose their gender 

I'm not sure its that young, but yeah, MN has become a Trans sanctuary state as well.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:03 PM, f7ben said:

We have the same issue in Chicago. Nobody wants to be on the 7 o'clock news so they dont do anything

7 hours ago, Anler said:

We have the same issue in Chicago. Nobody wants to be on the 7 o'clock news so they dont do anything

My dad is part of a municipal state run pension fund. The fund has been impacted hard by young cops claiming ptsd and getting disability. Trash fucking people , cops are the scourge of the earth 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My dad is part of a municipal state run pension fund. The fund has been impacted hard by young cops claiming ptsd and getting disability. Trash fucking people , cops are the scourge of the earth 

There's quite a bit to unpack there, but I'll pass.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There's quite a bit to unpack there, but I'll pass.  :lol: 

"Municipal state run pension fund" is all I needed to hear before I knew which direction that was headed.  :lol:

• 5 months later...