Snocross 2023...

On 4/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, hayward said:

why the hell didn't the flagger step out into the course a bit to get everyone's attention?  I know, shit happens quick, but...

damn that could'a sucked worse.

It was worst case - he stepped out after Lieders was committed to the jump. Just like the incidents in the downhill , hard to control jumping on yellow when gravity is working against you and you're already jumping from the top down in rhythm.  

On 4/1/2023 at 8:37 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Jordan speared Pake... that was shitty

Docked positions and Jordan didn't even argue what he did. 

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sno cross is dying. Boring as hell! 

Record attendance at almost every event but Fargo, highest viewership on live stream since switching to flo sports (cross promotion seems to be working), More semis in the pits since I started working for the series 7 years ago, and more pro teams hosting satellite riders in the pits than before.. Note : we used to have 80-90 races per day when I started with the exception of Duluth when the canadians would come down , now we rarely have less that 100 races in a day. 

Its dying alright.. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sno cross is dying. Boring as hell! 

based on numbers, participation and viewership... I'd say cross country is the one dying by a far bigger margin.  I actually find that rather sad to be honest but the numbers don't lie Einstein.

why do you think Cat and BRP have been offering their race ready XC models to the general public the past few years?  Here's a hint... it's because they have to produce and sell enough of them for the machines to be legally competitive per ISR rules... and they can't sell enough to actual XC racers for them to be legal.

Fwiw, I'm happy Cat is offering the new RXC to the consumers and hopefully dumping that entire racer replica horse shit.  An 860 RXC might be a big seller... like the XCR 850 

@fortune46x can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.  :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

based on numbers, participation and viewership... I'd say cross country is the one dying by a far bigger margin.  I actually find that rather sad to be honest but the numbers don't lie Einstein.

why do you think Cat and BRP have been offering their race ready XC models to the general public the past few years?  Here's a hint... it's because they have to produce and sell enough of them for the machines to be legally competitive per ISR rules... and they can't sell enough to actual XC racers for them to be legal.

Fwiw, I'm happy Cat is offering the new RXC to the consumers and hopefully dumping that entire racer replica horse shit.  An 860 RXC might be a big seller... like the XCR 850 

@fortune46x can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.  :)

We had RECORD attendance this year at snodeo this year. Have not been to a sno cross in 15 years. My dying has to do with racer numbers. 

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

We had RECORD attendance this year at snodeo this year. Have not been to a sno cross in 15 years. My dying has to do with racer numbers. 

great... that's one event.  obviously you don't know much if anything about SX currently so before spouting off your ill informed opinions maybe try to learn some facts first.  💡

https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/2023 points 32123v2.pdf

https://snocross.com/national/results/

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

great... that's one event.  obviously you don't know much if anything about SX currently so before spouting off your ill informed opinions maybe try to learn some facts first.  💡

https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/2023 points 32123v2.pdf

https://snocross.com/national/results/

Just shut up already! Cross Country is more like real world riding. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cross Country is more like real world riding. 

I would fully agree with that statement. 

You ever get sick of being corrected by people around here?  

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

in 2022/23 - 3 heats of pro lite, sport lite, 2 heats of pro women , 2 heats of sport and had to send riders packing .. not to mention the junior, transition, 200 classes that were huge this year. I would say its doing just fine. 

XC has to build 150 sleds a year. To be honest I think XC will grow in coming years with Skidoo coming to offer support now to racers as well. It has a stronger support section IMO than snocross. 

My honest opinion , with the weather patterns and the way the seasons have gone (other than this season which is insane for northern, mn  and wisconsin and michigan) the Mountain competition segment will continue to grow while the flat lands will slow down unless man made snow is available. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

in 2022/23 - 3 heats of pro lite, sport lite, 2 heats of pro women , 2 heats of sport and had to send riders packing .. not to mention the junior, transition, 200 classes that were huge this year. I would say its doing just fine. 

XC has to build 150 sleds a year. To be honest I think XC will grow in coming years with Skidoo coming to offer support now to racers as well. It has a stronger support section IMO than snocross. 

My honest opinion , with the weather patterns and the way the seasons have gone (other than this season which is insane for northern, mn  and wisconsin and michigan) the Mountain competition segment will continue to grow while the flat lands will slow down unless man made snow is available. 

Where I ride, we always have good, ridable snow well into March. Expecting another 12-24" this week. This is the White Earth Reservation. Pinehurst area.

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Where I ride, we always have good, ridable snow well into March. Expecting another 12-24" this week. This is the White Earth Reservation. Pinehurst area.

There is a substantial difference of where you ride vs where COR can have a race at. I know Todd and Andrea from COR have worked their asses off to have races in areas that get snow but sometimes its just not possible. State parks, Native reservations etc are not easy to get permits to have compeitions at and sometimes have substantial fees associated with it. 

Ski hills are a possibility for both XC and SX in the future the difficulty there lies within availability - that's why we were in Iowa in April. 

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

There is a substantial difference of where you ride vs where COR can have a race at. I know Todd and Andrea from COR have worked their asses off to have races in areas that get snow but sometimes its just not possible. State parks, Native reservations etc are not easy to get permits to have compeitions at and sometimes have substantial fees associated with it. 

Ski hills are a possibility for both XC and SX in the future the difficulty there lies within availability - that's why we were in Iowa in April. 

I am talking about riding in general. Todd wanted our club to add a race, but we just do not have the manpower to pull it off. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You ever get sick of being corrected by people around here?  

It's not just here, he loves showing and telling anyone he can find, how much of a lying moron he is.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Lol.  Could pick a smaller area to call where you ride.  Used to drink on those trails in high school.  Bet I know a shit load of locals that all think you are a joke.

Edited by Deephaven

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

It was worst case - he stepped out after Lieders was committed to the jump. Just like the incidents in the downhill , hard to control jumping on yellow when gravity is working against you and you're already jumping from the top down in rhythm.  

Docked positions and Jordan didn't even argue what he did. 

Record attendance at almost every event but Fargo, highest viewership on live stream since switching to flo sports (cross promotion seems to be working), More semis in the pits since I started working for the series 7 years ago, and more pro teams hosting satellite riders in the pits than before.. Note : we used to have 80-90 races per day when I started with the exception of Duluth when the canadians would come down , now we rarely have less that 100 races in a day. 

Its dying alright.. 

IMO, having a place to race at weekly, ERX, helps get and keep people interested.

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Pay attention to the Jr. and "budget" classes in COR.  The numbers are not there to keep growing in 3-5-10 years.

7 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Polaris and Doo do not need to worry about selling 150+ sleds to meet stock class numbers.  Cat is the only one that needs to do that.

When one looks beyond COR (and the old USXC), look at what they are racing other placed that do XC racing.  It isn't Cat.

I'm not sure how well Cat is represented in the Northeast (NEXC and AXC), but when you look in Alaska, northern Canada, EE in Quebec, etc.  It is tons of Doo and Polaris sleds with the occasional Cat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

IMO, having a place to race at weekly, ERX, helps get and keep people interested.

Pay attention to the Jr. and "budget" classes in COR.  The numbers are not there to keep growing in 3-5-10 years.

Polaris and Doo do not need to worry about selling 150+ sleds to meet stock class numbers.  Cat is the only one that needs to do that.

When one looks beyond COR (and the old USXC), look at what they are racing other placed that do XC racing.  It isn't Cat.

I'm not sure how well Cat is represented in the Northeast (NEXC and AXC), but when you look in Alaska, northern Canada, EE in Quebec, etc.  It is tons of Doo and Polaris sleds with the occasional Cat.

A lot of cats and polaris at the AXC races this year. I think there was 2 ski Doos at one of the races out of the trail class. I know there’s a few other guys racing Doo in NEXC but definitely still cat and poo dominated.

184C77EB-4A72-495A-973F-A2B02EC1A902.jpeg

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

A lot of cats and polaris at the AXC races this year. I think there was 2 ski Doos at one of the races out of the trail class. I know there’s a few other guys racing Doo in NEXC but definitely still cat and poo dominated.

184C77EB-4A72-495A-973F-A2B02EC1A902.jpeg

Cameron's trailer one of those by chance?

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

true... having easy access to a practice track of some nature seems to be a big key to success.

looking at the COR #'s yesterday I noticed a LOT of people in the Sport Stock class (48 participants) only did one, or maybe two events.  but the pattern showed up in other classes as well.  youth and parent participation is huge to grow any sport and this isn't a cheap sport by any means.  have seen a sport I was heavily involved in dwindle dramatically because it's not a 'ball sport' and requires travel and dedication from parents and their kids.

maybe the new Cat will revive an interest in racing Cat's... but a lot of racing imo hinges on factory support and IDK where Textron is on supporting racing at this point. 

final SX points tally...

Pro

Rider Hometown Sled Points
1 Elias Ishoel Oppdal, 16 Ski-Doo 577
2 Emil Harr Sorsele, AB Polaris 534
3 Kody Kamm Kansasville, WI Polaris 521
4 Hunter Patenaude Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 461
5 Francis Pelletier ST Felicien, QC Ski-Doo 446
6 Adam Peterson Medford, WI Polaris 437
7 Daniel Benham Deer River, MN Arctic Cat 402
8 Logan Christian Fertile, MN Ski-Doo 392
9 Petter Narsa Alvsbyn, BD Ski-Doo 318
10 Aki Pihlaja Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 285
11 Cole Cottew Zimmerman, MN Polaris 220
12 Travis Kern Aitkin, MN Polaris 217
13 Gustav Sahlsten Umeå, AC Ski-Doo 98
14 John Malmstrom Kalix, AB Polaris 75
15 Oskar Norum Bjurholm, AB Polaris 45
16 Jordan Lebel Chicoutimi, QC Ski-Doo 25
17 Robert Lunden TYDAL, 01 Ski-Doo 10

Pro-Lite

1 Jordan Lebel Chicoutimi, QC Ski-Doo 610
2 Ryley Bester Prior Lake, MN Polaris 598
3 Marcus Ogemar Ostersund, Z Ski-Doo 531
4 Evan Daudt Longville, MN Polaris 497
5 Andy Pake Felton, MN Ski-Doo 480
6 Anson Scheele North Branch, MN Arctic Cat 469
7 Evan Christian Finley, ND Polaris 440
8 Topi Posti Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 431
9 Baily Forst Thief River Falls, MN Polaris 415
10 Emeric Legendre Sainte-Julie, QC Ski-Doo 377
11 Eric Downs Jordan, MN Polaris 360
12 Gustav Salomonsson funasdalen, Z Ski-Doo 311
13 Nickolas Lorenz Kenosha, WI Polaris 300
14 Trent Wittwer bemidji, MN Arctic Cat 261
15 Tyler Oomen Hart, MI Arctic Cat 236
16 Jesse Kirchmeyer Arcade, NY Polaris 218
17 Dylan Roes Lowville, NY Ski-Doo 210
18 Oskar Englund Sundsvall, AB Arctic Cat 191
19 Kenny Mandryk Neebing, ON Ski-Doo 159
20 Cale Callan Phelpston, ON Ski-Doo 148
21 Mitchell Gross Princeton, MN Arctic Cat 113
22 Filip Harr Elk river, MN Polaris 101
23 Andy Lieders Wausau, WI Polaris 97
24 Troy Horbaty TYNDALL, MB Other 90
25 Jeremy Beaulieu Saint-Denis sur Richelieu, QC Ski-Doo 82
26 Adam Ashline Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 72
27 Drew Freeland Corcoran, MN Ski-Doo 65
28 Crayden Dillon Zephyr, ON Ski-Doo 63
29 Brandon Lind Antioch, IL Arctic Cat 57
30 Joonas Keskiaho Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 43
31 Devin Denman Beaver dam, WI Arctic Cat 37
32 Albin Lundqvist Arvidsjaur, BD Ski-Doo 33
33 Corin Todd Otego, NY Polaris 29
34 Emil Mikalsen Talvik, 20 Ski-Doo 25
35 Ingebrigt Hoelsaeter Oppdal, 16 Ski-Doo 21
36 Martin Johansson Lima, W Ski-Doo 18
37 Anton Lindstrom Alvsbyn, BD Ski-Doo 16
38 Pontus Lundstrom Skelleftea, AC Ski-Doo 16
39 Blake Taylor Orangeville, ON Ski-Doo 14
40 Eli Epling Swanville, MN Ski-Doo 7
41 Kyle Kunstman Delavan, WI Ski-Doo 6
Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

true... having easy access to a practice track of some nature seems to be a big key to success.

looking at the COR #'s yesterday I noticed a LOT of people in the Sport Stock class (48 participants) only did one, or maybe two events.  but the pattern showed up in other classes as well.  youth and parent participation is huge to grow any sport and this isn't a cheap sport by any means.  have seen a sport I was heavily involved in dwindle dramatically because it's not a 'ball sport' and requires travel and dedication from parents and their kids.

maybe the new Cat will revive an interest in racing Cat's... but a lot of racing imo hinges on factory support and IDK where Textron is on supporting racing at this point. 

final SX points tally...

Pro

1 Elias Ishoel Oppdal, 16 Ski-Doo 577
2 Emil Harr Sorsele, AB Polaris 534
3 Kody Kamm Kansasville, WI Polaris 521
4 Hunter Patenaude Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 461
5 Francis Pelletier ST Felicien, QC Ski-Doo 446
6 Adam Peterson Medford, WI Polaris 437
7 Daniel Benham Deer River, MN Arctic Cat 402
8 Logan Christian Fertile, MN Ski-Doo 392
9 Petter Narsa Alvsbyn, BD Ski-Doo 318
10 Aki Pihlaja Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 285
11 Cole Cottew Zimmerman, MN Polaris 220
12 Travis Kern Aitkin, MN Polaris 217
13 Gustav Sahlsten Umeå, AC Ski-Doo 98
14 John Malmstrom Kalix, AB Polaris 75
15 Oskar Norum Bjurholm, AB Polaris 45
16 Jordan Lebel Chicoutimi, QC Ski-Doo 25
17 Robert Lunden TYDAL, 01 Ski-Doo 10

Pro-Lite

1 Jordan Lebel Chicoutimi, QC Ski-Doo 610
2 Ryley Bester Prior Lake, MN Polaris 598
3 Marcus Ogemar Ostersund, Z Ski-Doo 531
4 Evan Daudt Longville, MN Polaris 497
5 Andy Pake Felton, MN Ski-Doo 480
6 Anson Scheele North Branch, MN Arctic Cat 469
7 Evan Christian Finley, ND Polaris 440
8 Topi Posti Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 431
9 Baily Forst Thief River Falls, MN Polaris 415
10 Emeric Legendre Sainte-Julie, QC Ski-Doo 377
11 Eric Downs Jordan, MN Polaris 360
12 Gustav Salomonsson funasdalen, Z Ski-Doo 311
13 Nickolas Lorenz Kenosha, WI Polaris 300
14 Trent Wittwer bemidji, MN Arctic Cat 261
15 Tyler Oomen Hart, MI Arctic Cat 236
16 Jesse Kirchmeyer Arcade, NY Polaris 218
17 Dylan Roes Lowville, NY Ski-Doo 210
18 Oskar Englund Sundsvall, AB Arctic Cat 191
19 Kenny Mandryk Neebing, ON Ski-Doo 159
20 Cale Callan Phelpston, ON Ski-Doo 148
21 Mitchell Gross Princeton, MN Arctic Cat 113
22 Filip Harr Elk river, MN Polaris 101
23 Andy Lieders Wausau, WI Polaris 97
24 Troy Horbaty TYNDALL, MB Other 90
25 Jeremy Beaulieu Saint-Denis sur Richelieu, QC Ski-Doo 82
26 Adam Ashline Hartland, VT Ski-Doo 72
27 Drew Freeland Corcoran, MN Ski-Doo 65
28 Crayden Dillon Zephyr, ON Ski-Doo 63
29 Brandon Lind Antioch, IL Arctic Cat 57
30 Joonas Keskiaho Rovaniemi, 10 Ski-Doo 43
31 Devin Denman Beaver dam, WI Arctic Cat 37
32 Albin Lundqvist Arvidsjaur, BD Ski-Doo 33
33 Corin Todd Otego, NY Polaris 29
34 Emil Mikalsen Talvik, 20 Ski-Doo 25
35 Ingebrigt Hoelsaeter Oppdal, 16 Ski-Doo 21
36 Martin Johansson Lima, W Ski-Doo 18
37 Anton Lindstrom Alvsbyn, BD Ski-Doo 16
38 Pontus Lundstrom Skelleftea, AC Ski-Doo 16
39 Blake Taylor Orangeville, ON Ski-Doo 14
40 Eli Epling Swanville, MN Ski-Doo 7
41 Kyle Kunstman Delavan, WI Ski-Doo 6

I doubt Textron will ever spend a bunch of money to support racing. 

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think a big part of the issue right now is how do you get racers and families not only involved in the sport, but how to keep them staying involved?

I know a lot of people, myself being one of them, who one year just decide to hang it up and go back to riding in general.  I don't see myself going back, at least not full time or even half time.

Factory support in the form of discounted sleds and discounted PG&A is another big one.  I'm not sure what everyone's gig is anymore, but Cat used to be the best all around.  I doubt that is the case anymore.  Judging by the number of sleds and what I've heard from some friends, I'd say Polaris is the best brand to be on right now, from a support perspective.  

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I doubt Textron will ever spend a bunch of money to support racing. 

I'm going to apply, but I know the discount won't be what it once was, if I even get one.  Haven't even seen a race app out anywhere.

• Like 1