Snocross 2023...

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch every race, not new, I raced in MRP days and the early days of ISOC, if you haven't raced in a snocross race, those holes out there are brutal 

8 minutes ago, 122 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch every race, not new, I raced in MRP days and the early days of ISOC, if you haven't raced in a snocross race, those holes out there are brutal 

I think the new style tracks make the racing boring. The long fast tracks of back in the day were way more entertaining.

29 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I think the new style tracks make the racing boring. The long fast tracks of back in the day were way more entertaining.

disagree

when's the last time you went to one

these kids are going HUGE

with that, comes worse injuries

the old sleds of the 'fast tracks' would break like twigs with the way they're riding

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

disagree

the old sleds of the 'fast tracks' would break like twigs with the way they're riding

They did a big mistake not going to Lake Geneva this year, my favorite track to race on and the best spectator viewing by far

3 minutes ago, 122 said:

ISOC, who do you think?

oh, it's ISOC's fault they're not racing in Geneva?

hmmm... 

did you go to the races in Eagle River when Geneva couldn't host it two seasons ago?

personally I could give two shits about Lake Geneva, but that's me

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Actually I would agree. The “ass dragger” national at erx a month ago was like going back in time to the 90s and super competitive. They took out all the big jumps but left the big banked turns. 1/2 way through the heats it would be super rough and they were hauling on those old sleds. If you are close enough to go, go.  

FE552E3A-1C80-474E-8FD1-842D143DEE64.jpeg

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The last time my wife and I were at a pro snocross race together was prob 6-8 years ago. We got to the race last night and the first thing she said was "Oh my God I forgot how much crazier this is in person versus TV. These guys are sending it!":lolz:

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 122 said:

Yeah, they are down to 10 pros racing?  You think that's good?

I think the cost of, or perceived cost, of sno-x keeps a lot of people from either moved up classes and/or going any further then the grassroots level.  

In theory, the same could be said about any kind of racing, but sno-x seems to be the worst.  

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

disagree

There have been a lot of wicked rough XC races.  With that seems to be either no one gets hurt or there are some really bad crashes.

7 hours ago, 122 said:

What circuit did you race at?

none 

I've also never raced Formula 1, Supercross, Unlimited Hydroplane or AirRace1... just a 'fan' so if that disqualifies my opinions and perspectives it also disqualifies 99.9% of the populations opinions or perspectives.

so anyway, why do you believe ISOC isn't at Geneva this year dude who used to race SX? 

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think the cost of, or perceived cost, of sno-x keeps a lot of people from either moved up classes and/or going any further then the grassroots level.  

In theory, the same could be said about any kind of racing, but sno-x seems to be the worst.  

There have been a lot of wicked rough XC races.  With that seems to be either no one gets hurt or there are some really bad crashes.

it's gotten 'cheaper' to race pro since they got rid of the mods, which is something else people who used to watch or participate in SX love to complain about.  

Harr was railing the shit out of that sled this weekend and gapping Ishoel like he's a sport class rider is no easy feat.  Even Elias complimented him at the podium. 

Lebel's big wreck

the old ass draggers or even the mid 2000's SX sleds on tracks like this... would be carnage.   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 8:12 PM, 122 said:

They did a big mistake not going to Lake Geneva this year, my favorite track to race on and the best spectator viewing by far

you can thank Geneva for that . Isoc wanted to come back but the resort priced them out of the venue .. Also Canterbury is the best spectator viewing in the entire series. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:14 PM, racinfarmer said:

the issue with the pro class numbers being down is partially on the series and partially on the oems. The series allows people to defend their title one year after winning it , then they have to move up and have no formal if you place in the top 5 etc in points you must move up. 

The oems (using Lebel for example) dictate who goes to what class, since they are not forced to move up and you want to use snocross for product marketing you will sandbag classes to assure that you have your roster packed with talent. 

The oem's pay based on contingency mostly so riders are going to go along with it - the difference isn't enough to want to go to mid pack pro when you could be a top pro lite guy making twice the money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

you can thank Geneva for that . Isoc wanted to come back but the resort priced them out of the venue .. Also Canterbury is the best spectator viewing in the entire series.

huh strange, that's same thing I heard... :roflcrying:

haven't been to Canterbury but there is no bad spot to watch from at ERX... which is why I go once a year.   love that venue.  

On 3/27/2023 at 8:30 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

huh strange, that's same thing I heard... :roflcrying:

haven't been to Canterbury but there is no bad spot to watch from at ERX... which is why I go once a year.   love that venue.  

Canturbury for viewing is was better. The track is way better at erx 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sw-50c said:

eshoel better be on the ball this weekend if he wants another title.         :3gears:

Emil certainly made the points race a bit more interesting the last couple rounds...

Screenshot_20230329-064827.png

• Like 1