Snocross 2023...

SPORT FINAL - All Finish Cat's were the bullseye apparently.  Both got hit and taken out.  Hegemen was in 2nd... ended up 4th

20 sleds in the final... participation is up and I applaud ISOC for letting more people into the finals.

Pro-Lite Heat 4

Bester / Ogemar / Christian

Pro-Lite Heat 5

Scheele / Cowboy / Kenny (Kenny's sled stopped, probably a tether and came back for 3rd out of 4 racers, apparently not everyone made it to the line in time?  :lolz:)

Pro-Lite Heat 6 

Lebel / Posti / Daudt

Pro Heat 3

Ishoel / Aki / Peterson (Norum may have hurt his leg)

Pro Heat 4

Kamm / Cottew / Benham  (Narsa 5th)

looks like it's getting warmer there... :lmao:

Pro-Lite Final 

Lebel (Doo)

Bester (Polaris)

Christian (Polaris)

Kenny 8th

Jordan scores a $10k bonus... Scheele was running second for a while and went off the track. 

Pro Final

Ishoel (Doo)

Kamm (Polaris)

Benham (Cat)

Narsa (Doo)

Logan (Doo)

Kody led 99% of the race, but Elias just kept creeping those rhythms and finally got him.  DB did what he needed to from start to finish.  

Great racing!  Time to go be productive... :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

alternative perspective of the track and size of the shit they're hitting @AK440 

I skipped around in that video and didn’t see anything that provide a better perspective. I’m thinking the finish line display truss is likely only 12-14’ high. 
FL_4_Front_View_finish_line_products1.jp

My main takeaway from the video is the colossal amount of money required to race sno-x competitively on a professional level. No wonder that it’s been on a downward trend in both participation and popularity since the late 90’s. 

An OEM can get much more exposure by selling a dozen or so mountain sleds at a discount to some bro brahs who post their back country riding on Instagram. That’s a much better bang for the buck then sponsoring a number of racers who no one have ever heard of except for the hardcore super fan.

I mean for fucks sake, what is that does sport thinking charging viewers to subscribe to yet another streaming service to even watch a race. That’s both sad and ridiculous. Advertisers pay to televise the stupid races so they can get exposure. It’s telling that sno-x can’t find a title sponsor to televise their events. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I skipped around in that video and didn’t see anything that provide a better perspective. I’m thinking the finish line display truss is likely only 12-14’ high. 
FL_4_Front_View_finish_line_products1.jp

My main takeaway from the video is the colossal amount of money required to race sno-x competitively on a professional level. No wonder that it’s been on a downward trend in both participation and popularity since the late 90’s. 

An OEM can get much more exposure by selling a dozen or so mountain sleds at a discount to some bro brahs who post their back country riding on Instagram. That’s a much better bang for the buck then sponsoring a number of racers who no one have ever heard of except for the hardcore super fan.

I mean for fucks sake, what is that does sport thinking charging viewers to subscribe to yet another streaming service to even watch a race. That’s both sad and ridiculous. Advertisers pay to televise the stupid races so they can get exposure. It’s telling that sno-x can’t find a title sponsor to televise their events. 

I appreciate your perspective I don't wholly agree with.  

But I'm contrarian by nature and genetics.  :roflcrying:

On 12/18/2022 at 1:55 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

SPORT FINAL - All Finish Cat's were the bullseye apparently.  Both got hit and taken out.  Hegemen was in 2nd... ended up 4th

20 sleds in the final... participation is up and I applaud ISOC for letting more people into the finals.

You mean the only cat?? 

They're 16 ft truss, and he was easily 10 ft at the peak of going to the moon , the pictures and videos are really deceiving. he was maybe one to two feet away from making it and would have had the wind not pushed him sideways. 

Semi trailers and large budgets don't win races. knowledge and racers training does.  we have the largest pro lite and sport counts we have had in my seven years of doing this , along with the highest livestream audience we've ever had since switching to Flo. 

The reason the pro class numbers are down I really think is age if you're not moving into the pro ranks at an early age you are going to age out before you make pro or your focus will change to the whole college, party life, marriage, family etc stuff.  Snocross is not an old man race discipline. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

They're 16 ft truss, and he was easily 10 ft at the peak of going to the moon , the pictures and videos are really deceiving. he was maybe one to two feet away from making it and would have had the wind not pushed him sideways. 

Semi trailers and large budgets don't win races. knowledge and racers training does.  we have the largest pro lite and sport counts we have had in my seven years of doing this , along with the highest livestream audience we've ever had since switching to Flo. 

The reason the pro class numbers are down I really think is age if you're not moving into the pro ranks at an early age you are going to age out before you make pro or your focus will change to the whole college, party life, marriage, family etc stuff.  Snocross is not an old man race discipline. 

So, how high would you estimate Emil was in the air?

I was a bit shocked to hear Elias almost retired... but have heard you speak of how worn out Tucker was in his last few years competing.

442503523_harrair.thumb.png.9d7d13dc628740513914a652433f6809.png52978700_harrair2.thumb.png.49b6c74b9136abc8883b62e059facfbb.png  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

22 minutes ago, krom said:

image.png.a925939a2274b633a938091fa3fb6e35.png

Any inside word on what actually happened here?

Got to be something going on internally between cat and the race teams. Zandstra must have got into with cat as well as they parted ways just before the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Got to be something going on internally between cat and the race teams. Zandstra must have got into with cat as well as they parted ways just before the start of the season. 

I think with Zandstra, they haven't come to a race though, right?  I have tried to figure out what is going on there and can't.

Could be an issue getting sleds/parts too.  Might not be a good enough supply chain right now?