Snocross 2023...

On 7/16/2022 at 9:06 PM, AK440 said:

Snocross isn’t even relevant to the market anymore. With each passing year I’m surprised it’s still around.

I would urge you to attend an isoc race in your area if possible.   It's quite a bit more impressive in person and you would likely be impressed by the competitors abilities and what they're accomplishing on these machines.

I've been fortunate enough to spend time with and become friends with @Not greg b and @fortune46x (when he isn't making children cry) because of HCS/FS and SX racing. 

What happens on race tracks translates to better consumer sleds for us.  Imagine riding without independent front suspension, fantastic shocks, long travel skids, etc.  All derived from racing to provide you and I with a better product. 

If you don't at least check it out once your criticism holds less weight with me, so I encourage you and others to see it firsthand.

12 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Snocross in Iowa in April?

FB_IMG_1662684279628.thumb.jpg.84bf91b07b5e70b1167aaf10b66aa618.jpg

It will be at the ski hill , the good thing is they can plan for it and make the snow needed. 

I am just hoping for a rainless season this year, michigan last year sucked. I was amazed at how well the snow held up. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Member
On 10/24/2022 at 2:25 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/600r-race-sled/

says right in the article they'll be using Northstar clutching....

Poo calls him for advice . Big loss that he is moving on to Ski Doo :lmao:

Edited by EvilBird

56 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

best kept secret to the teams using it. 

you seriously think the factory race department or seasoned race teams with someone who specializes in clutching a sled can come up with clutching to do this?

polaris-600-r-more-power-lg.jpg?v=8557d6

noPE!   thet's a Knew hampshirt launch right daR~!!!!

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you seriously think the factory race department or seasoned race teams with someone who specializes in clutching a sled can come up with clutching to do this?

polaris-600-r-more-power-lg.jpg?v=8557d6

noPE!   thet's a Knew hampshirt launch right daR~!!!!

I can’t believe those experts wasted time making an object to keep that from happening 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 6:57 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

no events in Wisco this year... nothing?  

https://snocross.com/national-events/

any updates to silly season @fortune46x ?

Not really things are set, lots of folks at Aurora this past week/end , alot of hype regarding Narsa's return. 

On 11/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, Deephaven said:

And Dubuque in April on dirt.

Its at the skihill, and they can prep for it knowing where the track will be in snow making. If we can have 60 degree temps and 2 inches of rain at a ski hill at the end of march last year , I am sure they'll make it through no problem planning ahead since they were the ones that wanted it so bad. 

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They're required to have one within 100 miles of @fortune46x's lair. 

Its about 120mi from me, surprisingly shakopee is closer for me drive time wise. 

55 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Not really things are set, lots of folks at Aurora this past week/end , alot of hype regarding Narsa's return. 

Its at the skihill, and they can prep for it knowing where the track will be in snow making. If we can have 60 degree temps and 2 inches of rain at a ski hill at the end of march last year , I am sure they'll make it through no problem planning ahead since they were the ones that wanted it so bad. 

Its about 120mi from me, surprisingly shakopee is closer for me drive time wise. 

Cuz there's warrants out for you in Wisconsin, hence no isoc races here any longer.

oops, was I not supposed to mention that?

those poor sheep...

Sno-X is still alive as a sport? How? 2003 is long over. All the market wants is long track mountains sleds so people can post selfies on Insta of them shredding freshies in the Rocky’s.

No one buys trail sleds anymore.

9 hours ago, AK440 said:

Sno-X is still alive as a sport? How? 2003 is long over. All the market wants is long track mountains sleds so people can post selfies on Insta of them shredding freshies in the Rocky’s.

No one buys trail sleds anymore.

Viewership (even with flo rather than the free stream) is up , attendance is up. 2002 had all 4 manufactuers having teams then satellite teams and now its just Satellite teams but theres still big money into it but its definitely not was it was in the early 2000's 

My AC dealer in Iowa I use outsells trail sleds 3:1 , most that he sells though at uncoupled 141 inchers. He said he might sell 10 trail sleds a year if that. 

• 2 weeks later...

hey @AK440, you familiar with this clown show? 

should they bring back the mod sleds?  what's Tucker doing right now?  your vast experience and input would be greatly appreciated to enhance this thread. 

as always,

your biggest fan ❤️

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

hey @AK440, you familiar with this clown show? 

should they bring back the mod sleds?  what's Tucker doing right now?  your vast experience and input would be greatly appreciated to enhance this thread. 

as always,

your biggest fan ❤️

Sno-x is totally :lame:

People don’t care about it, it’s not 2002.

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Sno-x is totally :lame:

People don’t care about it, it’s not 2002.

have you seen the way the hit the bottom of holes in a rhythm section, or skip across the tops of them?  it's poetry in motion.

6 minutes ago, Badger** said:

it's all about the Soo. :thumb:

what's more relevant.... the GD Soo, the Iron Dong, Snocross or lower 48 style Cross Country racing in regards to current and future product development for consumer trail machines?  

if you say Eagle River I'm going to punch you in the kidneys