Snocross 2023...

Its silly season kids! 

in the first of many posts the rumor mill has been golden heres some take aways: 

• Andy pake - no longer with Thene 
  • 13 motorsports expands its roster 
  • The return of boss racing? 
  • Allfinish expands its rider roster to include a sport racer (this one is confirmed) 
  • Big team shake ups - long time mechanics leaving for new teams
  • One cat team is no more 
  • 3 new semis will be showing up supporting racers when the season starts (based off the rumor mill) 
  • The series looking at other new venues and returning to others formerly on the schedule 

2023 or fall 2022 could be interesting. Personally I hope they add a race pre-christmas (Fargo would be ideal) and eliminate the chance for a repeat of march madness. The venue rumors have been really interesting but NONE of this has been confirmed with anyone at ISOC. Stir the pot folks its 50 degrees and rainy here might as well talk some smack. 

• Like 3

I'm not surprised Andy isn't back with Thene's.  I wish he'd have done more XC racing, he is really good at it.  

My ears are perking up for the Cat team that is no more.  Switch brands or no more racing in general?  I have my guess, but I'll hold on to it for now.

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Its silly season kids! 

in the first of many posts the rumor mill has been golden heres some take aways: 

• Allfinish expands its rider roster to include a sport racer (this one is confirmed) 
  • 3 new semis will be showing up supporting racers when the season starts (based off the rumor mill) 
  • The series looking at other new venues and returning to others formerly on the schedule 

2023 or fall 2022 could be interesting. Personally I hope they add a race pre-christmas (Fargo would be ideal) and eliminate the chance for a repeat of march madness. The venue rumors have been really interesting but NONE of this has been confirmed with anyone at ISOC. Stir the pot folks its 50 degrees and rainy here might as well talk some smack. 

thanks 46x           :good:

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Its silly season kids! 

Interesting, thanks for the info!

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Tiaga. They will start in the snow bike class 

Arctic Cat will unveil a brand new SX chassis because the Procross is outdated and can barely put racers on the box.

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Arctic Cat will unveil a brand new SX chassis because the Procross is outdated and can barely put racers on the box.

It will be based off the golf cart chassis. :news:

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

It will be based off the golf cart chassis. :news:

It will have the ezgo ac drive and Argo will based off the sherp for maximum floatation in the whoops 

Edited by Not greg b

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not surprised Andy isn't back with Thene's.  I wish he'd have done more XC racing, he is really good at it.  

My ears are perking up for the Cat team that is no more.  Switch brands or no more racing in general?  I have my guess, but I'll hold on to it for now.

not sure tbh , The rumor was they were done , truck/trailer is for sale and that was that. 

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

All three of the oem's have new things coming. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, fortune46x said:

not sure tbh , The rumor was they were done , truck/trailer is for sale and that was that. 

All three of the oem's have new things coming. 

I was going to guess Woodies, and when I saw their truck roll into the pits this last week, I was almost sure of it.

Then they made a driver announcement.  

They are a interesting group... 

image.png.b4c07c551d4165653ea526c800c7c495.png

On 7/16/2022 at 6:59 PM, racinfarmer said:

I was going to guess Woodies, and when I saw their truck roll into the pits this last week, I was almost sure of it.

Then they made a driver announcement.  

They are a interesting group... 

image.png.b4c07c551d4165653ea526c800c7c495.png

I was wrong , the team I had heard was done is in fact not done . Woodies was coming back for sure this year. The have a new trailer and rig for this year. 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:06 PM, AK440 said:

Snocross isn’t even relevant to the market anymore. With each passing year I’m surprised it’s still around.

Snocross has surprisingly grown , rider counts are up and with the added exposure to flo they're averaging over 200k viewers on the live stream , supercross/motocross averages 300k to put it into comparison I used to know the actual numbers but I cannot recall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I was wrong , the team I had heard was done is in fact not done . Woodies was coming back for sure this year. The have a new trailer and rig for this year. 

Snocross has surprisingly grown , rider counts are up and with the added exposure to flo they're averaging over 200k viewers on the live stream , supercross/motocross averages 300k to put it into comparison I used to know the actual numbers but I cannot recall. 

I would imagine that streaming deal they did last year was good source of revenue and got the sport out to a lot more people that have never herd of snow cross. 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I would imagine that streaming deal they did last year was good source of revenue and got the sport out to a lot more people that have never herd of snow cross. 

It was a wash - the series was paying for live stream to host , now they pay flo to host it. 

18 hours ago, fortune46x said:

It was a wash - the series was paying for live stream to host , now they pay flo to host it. 

I paid for the flo app and it was worth it, was also able to watch a lot of the mira races including the greatest spectacle known to man... the GD Soo

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I paid for the flo app and it was worth it, was also able to watch a lot of the mira races including the greatest spectacle known to man... the GD Soo

I can see that being fun to "watch" in person, through a extra thick pair of beer goggles, but the broadcast....

On 7/19/2022 at 6:42 PM, krom said:

I can see that being fun to "watch" in person, through a extra thick pair of beer goggles, but the broadcast....

It's not so bad from a heated garage while you clean clutches.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 122 said:

It's sounds like Fargo will be the first race of the season in December.

Isoc has an announcement at 11 am today. We will find out shortly. They were promoting an announcement on social media heavy yesterday. Hopefully Fargo has snow by then 

• 5 weeks later...