Ladies and Gentlemen.....I give you Bontz

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, Bontz said:

Don't the gun shows still require a background check ... I thought?  But the loophole has something to do with X number of business days (like 3?) and if not complete by then the sale goes through anyway?  I don't know the details of that, but I thought that was what my buddy tried to explain last night.

I agree the feds shouldn't have any business regulating private sales, and for a lot of these shootings this is all a moot point because people will get their hands on guns one way or the other.  I just feel like background checks as a whole, really shouldn't be an issue when buying a gun ... but that's just me, maybe being a bit naïve.  

Here in NY they do

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

One is gas piston and one is direct impingement 

My point for the masses is why is one gun a weapon of war and the other a hunting rifle? What makes one more dangerous than the other? Same caliber and both semi auto.

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

My point for the masses is why is one gun a weapon of war and the other a hunting rifle? What makes one more dangerous than the other? Same caliber and both semi auto.

Super lethal removable hand guards!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It certainly isn't as easy as you make it sound. I posed this question to a friend yesterday......"How do you stop an evil, crazed lunatic from pulling over in his vehicle and mowing down 50 kids playing outside on the playground"?

You don't but that isn't how they go about this generally.   Hardened minimum entry points will stop the vast vast majority of these in the schools.

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Depends on what you are hunting.

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

According to you.   You never answered if you've given up your guns yet?

Indeed according to me, I didn't see the ask.

I have a couple in my possession (in/near the home) but I don't have quick access to them.  I haven't fired most in several years.  If the did go away I wouldn't miss them terribly.  Last shots I took were one mag of .308 that n2O Dave built for me a decade? ago.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed according to me, I didn't see the ask.

I have a couple in my possession (in/near the home) but I don't have quick access to them.  I haven't fired most in several years.  If the did go away I wouldn't miss them terribly.  Last shots I took were one mag of .308 that n2O Dave built for me a decade? ago.

Neal

Last spring.

Neal

On 5/25/2022 at 6:22 PM, SkisNH said:

Without guns you would likely still be a British Subject....

With regards to the school shooter. If he didn't have a gun, do you think he might quietly break into the school with a 20oz soda bottle full of gasoline....he could have barricaded himself in the same room and torched everything.  

Or waited till many were on the sidewalk and mowed them down. 

Sad truth is if someone wants to kill you either alone or as part of a group, unless your ready to spend 24/7 making sure it dosnt happen , you are as good as dead.

7 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I was just trying to be funny. I’ve owned both those guns a few times over. I like the ruger but mags are an issue with them.