mazinaw storm on sat

Lots of damage on E107 in the Jack's Lake area (I've shared pics on the various Ontario sledding Faceplant pages) & Stoney Lake Sno Riders 706 south of Lasswade is blocked. The District 2 governor has posted this:

bottom end of Old Hastings and at least 50 % of Mazinaw trails are affected as well. Way more to deal with than what should be reasonably expected of volunteers

The damage that I've seen is worse than what was caused by the tornado that went thru here (including our own woodlot) in 2006. Talking to the logger that salvaged the timber on our property after cutting on the adjacent Crown Land, he said that this kind of work is quite difficult & easy to wreck your chainsaw, plus dealing with trees that are bound up or in tension. 

Edited by revrnd

18 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Lots of damage on E107 in the Jack's Lake area (I've shared pics on the various Ontario sledding Faceplant pages) & Stoney Lake Sno Riders 706 south of Lasswade is blocked. The District 2 governor has posted this:

The damage that I've seen is worse than what was caused by the tornado that went thru here (including our own woodlot) in 2006. Talking to the logger that salvaged the timber on our property after cutting on the adjacent Crown Land, he said that this kind of work is quite difficult & easy to wreck your chainsaw, plus dealing with trees that are bound up or in tension. 

And the widow makers hanging up in the branches/foliage above. Neighbors tree had a huge limb break off 2 days after the storm went through here. I was outback enjoying my coffee early morning when it let go and it scared the crap out of me. It was still hung up somewhat so I went to tell the neighbors by putting a note on their mailbox. (They weren't home) The neighbors wife is pregnant and they also have a dog that plays out there quite often so I wanted them to know. I was up on my roof later that afternoon, around 2ish, when it came crashing down with a wallop that would have definitely done some damage to a person or their dog. 

• Like 1