And.... another one.

2 hours ago, soeaster said:

When are people going to figure out that banning "bad" or "insensitive" things doesn't work?  The world can be a very ugly place and when people are shielded from that reality, they can't deal with it when it's staring them in the face.

So what's the solution to the killing?  There are many reasons why it's happening, but what's the solution?

Depends on what you call a solution.

It's obvious the only solution to eradicate all/nearly all school shootings is gun removal.  That solution is out of reach for us and will not happen.

Now, if by solution you mean mitigate by some small percentage, school shootings, there are many things we can do.  None of which are cheap, and all will impact freedoms of even uninvolved citizens.  School security, we can lockdown schools to single, or secured multiple points of entry, and monitored one way exiting.  With that will come massive infrastructure overhaul.  Each security guard hired is multiplied buy 132,000 or so k-12 schools.  So right off the hop we are looking at an $8.5-$9b annual cost for a single guard for each school.  Metal detectors, door monitoring and control and student access infrastructure would be a factor of 10 on the guard numbers I would guess?

Mental health analysis will be bumping right up against universal healthcare, at least for k-12 students.  That's probably many times the cost of a guard for each school.

We can look at gun regulations for persons under 18 years of age.  We can look at holding firearms sellers responsible for not completing proper background checks and mental health checks.

Neal

5 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's obvious the only solution to eradicate all/nearly all school shootings is gun removal.  That solution is out of reach for us and will not happen.

Now, if by solution you mean mitigate by some small percentage, school shootings, there are many things we can do.  None of which are cheap, and all will impact freedoms of even uninvolved citizens.  School security, we can lockdown schools to single, or secured multiple points of entry, and monitored one way exiting.  With that will come massive infrastructure overhaul.  Each security guard hired is multiplied buy 132,000 or so k-12 schools.  So right off the hop we are looking at an $8.5-$9b annual cost for a single guard for each school.  Metal detectors, door monitoring and control and student access infrastructure would be a factor of 10 on the guard numbers I would guess?

Mental health analysis will be bumping right up against universal healthcare, at least for k-12 students.  That's probably many times the cost of a guard for each school.

We can look at gun regulations for persons under 18 years of age.  We can look at holding firearms sellers responsible for not completing proper background checks and mental health checks.

Neal

Didn't Pelosi and Omar work to remove armed gards at school to appease BLM and why is it that back when we went to hunter ed  a 14 year old could get a FID and go hunting or to the range without an adult. 

We used to bring guns to school then go hunting or to the range and nobody gave it a thought so what happened to the youth during purbety that now requires a mental health check to make sure they won't destroy other students. 

Cant blame God as he was removed from schools decades ago so it has to be something else like the parents. No personal responsibility what so ever and this started way back in the third grade and now these kids have grand kids doing the same shit to a higher level. 

Don't tell me a five year old is mature enough to pick a gender and a 18 year old isn't mature enough to used a firearm. SMH

Edited by Doomxz600
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Doomxz600 said:

Didn't Pelosi and Omar work to remove armed gards at school to appease BLM and why is it that back when we went to hunter ed  a 14 year old could get a FID and go hunting or to the range without an adult. 

We used to bring guns to school the go hunting or to the range and nobody gave it a thought so what happened to the youth during purbety that now requires a mental health check to make sure they won't destroy other students. 

Cant blame God as he was removed from schools decades ago so it has to be something else like the parents. No personal responsibility what so ever and this started way back in the third grade and now these kids have grand kids doing the same shit to a higher level. 

Don't tell me a five year old is mature enough to pick a gender and a 18 year old isn't mature enough to used a firearm. SMH

Holy fucking rambling idiocy 

7 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Timothy McVeigh just laughed at you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahh yes….God and Prayer will fix the problem….

Guys like Patrick are part of the problem. Why didn't God stop those 55 grain bullets from cutting those kids up? 

Fucking religious bastards, I hate them all. 

This fucking kid Ramos was HUMILIATED, and had nothing to live for.............it's the COMMON DENOMINATOR in all these shootings. 

You wanna' stop school shootings? Let every tough boy in the school know that if they put down on anybody, they will be expelled. 

3 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

We used to bring guns to school then go hunting or to the range and nobody gave it a thought so what happened to the youth during purbety that now requires a mental health check to make sure they won't destroy other students. 

How did liberals manage to pry the creator of the universe out of the classroom? That's some serious power. 

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

OK, if you think I'm a loser, then take my TNW CHALLENGE, faggot. 

You have a NW of shit and don't pay bets.  Not sure why you are so stupid to keep re-iterating it.  Pay Ben the $5k you owe him or STFU.

12 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I packed a snubby today, for grocery shopping!! 

What a fukkin PITA!!!! I had to snug my fukkin belt wicked tight, my pants looked like accordion pants. 

I maintain what I've said for years, Americans suck. Yes, I know other countries are worse, but this country has way too many punk-assed punk bastids. 

And you are the epitome of what sucks about Americans.  Be proud you narcissistic fuck.

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You wanna' stop school shootings? Let every tough boy in the school know that if they put down on anybody, they will be expelled. 

Special kind of stupid here.  Someone willing to die to fuck up others lives cares about being expelled??  ROFL.

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Guys like Patrick are part of the problem. Why didn't God stop those 55 grain bullets from cutting those kids up? 

Fucking religious bastards, I hate them all. 

This fucking kid Ramos was HUMILIATED, and had nothing to live for.............it's the COMMON DENOMINATOR in all these shootings. 

Why didn't the tough brave cops go in and stop the shooter immediately when they got on scene? 

8 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You put the eradicate in the wrong spot.  If you eradicate all guns the indeed there will be no more gun crimes.  Sounds like a left wing fantasy of delusion...at least you say it is out of reach, but that will rape civil liberties as much as any other "control".

The one thing that can be done is punishment for gun crimes can be made stronger.  Some parental accountability would help as well.  I'd have no problems including punishing the parents of minors that are complete fuck ups as accomplices unless they can show they did what is appropriate to measure and maintain mental health.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who would you rather be shot by, a mentally ill man with a AR15 or a mentally ill man with a cross bow? Not an easy choice is it? 

Edited by spin_dry

25 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Why didn't the tough brave cops go in and stop the shooter immediately when they got on scene? 

Good question, we'll find out hopefully before too long.  

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You have a NW of shit and don't pay bets.  Not sure why you are so stupid to keep re-iterating it.  Pay Ben the $5k you owe him or STFU.

And you are the epitome of what sucks about Americans.  Be proud you narcissistic fuck.

Special kind of stupid here.  Someone willing to die to fuck up others lives cares about being expelled??  ROFL.

Wow, you really are not too bright, are you?

Let me explain it for your limited intelligence. 

When I said expel the student, I mean the student that is putting down on kids like Ramos, you fukkin dummy. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Good question, we'll find out hopefully before too long.  

Remember the florida school shooting? Cops hid outside while the shooting happened. All they're good for is harassing citizens and filling out police reports. When it comes to protecting, you're better off protecting yourself 

Just now, Cat45 said:

Remember the florida school shooting? Cops hid outside while the shooting happened. All they're good for is harassing citizens and filling out police reports. When it comes to protecting, you're better off protecting yourself 

Basically, you're right. There are some great courageous cops ( like myself ) but many are phony bastids. 

I would tell any of my friends to always have some means of protection, preferably a handgun, however that can be difficult in some states. 

4 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

That fukker that hid, if I'm not mistaken, STILL GOT HIS FULL RETIREMENT. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Basically, you're right. There are some great courageous cops ( like myself ) but many are phony bastids. 

I would tell any of my friends to always have some means of protection, preferably a handgun, however that can be difficult in some states. 

Many cops realize that they are outgunned and say fuck it.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So were the kids....atleast the cops had a gun. Fuck them for waiting

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They hang back, delay, avoid, anything to save their asses. And if they do get called out to defend their INACTION, they take their chance with the union lawyer defending them. 

In the end, they get to see their wife and kids, so they never lose. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

They hang back, delay, avoid, anything to save their asses. And if they do get called out to defend their INACTION, they take their chance with the union lawyer defending them. 

In the end, they get to see their wife and kids, so they never lose. 

Hard to find real heroes. 

47 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

they never do and people think armed cops in schools the solution.  SMH how did that work down in FL when the pussy basically ran.  While i think armed eachers is stupid as well given their more likely to panic at least their job is not to put themselves in front of armed shooters.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they never do and people think armed cops in schools the solution.  SMH how did that work down in FL when the pussy basically ran.  While i think armed eachers is stupid as well given their more likely to panic at least their job is not to put themselves in front of armed shooters.  

An armed teacher would be cut down in seconds by some lunatic wearing body armor. That ex cop security guard in the Buffalo grocery store was taken out easily.

10 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Harden facility entry points.   One time cost.   Lots of great, inexpensive ways for teachers to secure classroom doors.  Dramatically reducing school shootings does not need to infringe on people's constitutional right.   This kid walked right in an unlocked open back door then right into a classroom where all the killings took place.   It was easily preventable.  Getting into that classroom the way he did he could have killed just as many if not more with a shotgun.

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Daughter and partner had call to rental house in St. Petersburg couple weeks ago.two spring breakers got into some fentanyl and we’re unresponsive.performed cpr etc till paramedics arrived.both survived.seems younger generations of officers want to help and make a difference.to lob all officers together is bullshit!

some real shitbags out there but not all of them!!

lots of community involvement also!!