And.... another one.

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That may be. But my statement remains true. There is no solution for this. It’s a regrettable aspect of the current society. 

There's always been a solution but the government has been backing away from mental health issues for decades as you can no longer get a check up from the neck up these days. Most state hospitals are closed and no we all didn't suddenly get healthy mentally.  They also have been downsizing jails. Currently we have a bill to raise the age a person can be tried as a adult and another to prevent new construction and expansion to our jails, guess everyone is a saint now.

It's stupid expensive to incarcerate a person and even more to house and treat them for mental health issues. But hey pots legal and you can get a safe space for booting up dope. Want to play dress up, go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

There's always been a solution but the government has been backing away from mental health issues for decades as you can no longer get a check up from the neck up these days. Most state hospitals are closed and no we all didn't suddenly get healthy mentally.  They also have been downsizing jails. Currently we have a bill to raise the age a person can be tried as a adult and another to prevent new construction and expansion to our jails, guess everyone is a saint now.

It's stupid expensive to incarcerate a person and even more to house and treat them for mental health issues. But hey pots legal and you can get a safe space for booting up dope. Want to play dress up, go ahead. 

I guess the FBI could start a watch list for the weird kids.  

I don’t own guns to hunt or shoot at paper targets . They are for killing you if you enter my house uninvited.  Sorry, if that hurts your feelings. 

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I don’t own guns to hunt or shoot at paper targets . They are for killing you if you enter my house uninvited.  Sorry, if that hurts your feelings. 

Sounds like a dreamy area, cool.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

how do you stay sharp if you’re not shooting targets? I’d prefer to give a person an opportunity to scoot out my house before shooting them. If some knuckleheaded drunken teen walked into my house by mistake I wouldn’t want to kill him. Maybe make em piss their pants. Lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

how do you stay sharp if you’re not shooting targets? I’d prefer to give a person an opportunity to scoot out my house before shooting them. If some knuckleheaded drunken teen walked into my house by mistake I wouldn’t want to kill him. Maybe make em piss their pants. Lol. 

You know what Im saying. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I think you mean Van

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Salvador Ramos.....sounds like a fine upstanding immigrant.

I wasn't gonna go there, but also am man enough to admit that thought was one of the first things that went through my mind ... wondering if it was someone who "migrated north"

I just wonder what desensitizes people to do such a horrendous act? What has happened to the value of life? I really believe that video games are responsible for making young minds that are susceptible to violence contemplate doing violent things. I'm certainly not a psychologist but something is poisoning our youth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I just wonder what desensitizes people to do such a horrendous act? What has happened to the value of life? I really believe that video games are responsible for making young minds that are susceptible to violence contemplate doing violent things. I'm certainly not a psychologist but something is poisoning our youth. 

I firmly believe a lot of it is blamed on video games and other media that glorifies the killing and violence.  And I also blame the transition of families being much less "family like" these days.  How many families eat at the table, like we used to do & actually talk?  I'm not one to cast stones, because even my kids have seen that environment very little at home - other than actual family get-togethers.  But overall, it's easy to see the deterioration of the traditional family & family values that goes hand-in-hand with the video games, movies, and other media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

These days kids are analyzed in every grade in schools across the country. The psychologists that are aware their patients are a possible threat to society have to alert the local law enforcement agencies. Any guns in the homes where these possible dangerous kids live have to be removed.

Ignoring the shootings is not the answer. How would you feel if you got the call today your 8 year old was shot and killed in class?

schools were the the safest place for kids to grow and learn…..not anymore. How sad has our country become?

So parents of troubled kids don't have constitutional rights?  What if they want a gun to protect grandma? 

Unless you're a fascist, balancing rights and responsibility isn't so easy....but we all know the leftist are totalitarian, authoritarian fascists.

I'm so fortunate to have a wife who demanded "family first". I work with my youngest son and my oldest who lives 150 miles away calls me every day. It's easy to show caring and respect for one another and more importantly appreciating life and what it means.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I firmly believe a lot of it is blamed on video games and other media that glorifies the killing and violence.  And I also blame the transition of families being much less "family like" these days.  How many families eat at the table, like we used to do & actually talk?  I'm not one to cast stones, because even my kids have seen that environment very little at home - other than actual family get-togethers.  But overall, it's easy to see the deterioration of the traditional family & family values that goes hand-in-hand with the video games, movies, and other media.

I agree....I don't game, but I know what grand theft auto is. I can't understand why we need such a game. 

Yup. Seems todays shooter was on record as being a problem.

Maybe Texas will do a better job than CT when it comes to fixing this problem....all the group in Hartford could talk about was gun control and completely ignored the mental heath side of the story.

These days kids are analyzed in every grade in schools across the country. The psychologists that are aware their patients are a possible threat to society have to alert the local law enforcement agencies. Any guns in the homes where these possible dangerous kids live have to be removed.

Ignoring the shootings is not the answer. How would you feel if you got the call today your 8 year old was shot and killed in class?

schools were the the safest place for kids to grow and learn…..not anymore. How sad has our country become?

You obviously don't get much talk about school boards around the country on your DU news feed but there is plenty of push back against some of these bad school policies including violence.

Just now, Bontz said:

And the bumbling idiot wastes no time ... "When are we going to stand up to the gun lobbyists?"  Not one reference to mental health.

Beat me to it....what a babbling fool Biden is

I’m guessing that cash we sent to Ukraine could of built a few more prisons and people to run it.

so when are prisons going to be a prison not just a place for guys to hang out!!

Why do they need all these extras.day of prisoner should be roll call 6am simple breakfast then off to work like chain gangs!one call a month.cordial visit depending on behavior.make prison a place these guys don’t want to be in.

Death penalties for violent crimes 

Edited by X2700
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Anyone who didn't see this coming is just plain ignorant.  It was just a matter of time before the racial killings or school shootings ramped up again ... it's an election year afterall, gotta have those talking points!

talking about this subject matter in a group of Rittenhouse cheerleaders during an election cycle... utterly pointless.

anyone who doesn't think this country doesn't have a mental health problem dating as far back as the postal worker shootings or Columbine needs to seek mental counciling.

as a parent of a school aged child 'these' (far too common) occurrences are one of very few things that cost me a good night's sleep. 

wonder what would happen if any of these school shooters had the courage to walk into their local police or sheriff's department and tried this shit.

generations of poor parenting, desensitizing video games and an overly zealous gun culture have led us here. 

makes me utterly sick as a parent and firearm owner.

😢

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

talking about this subject matter in a group of Rittenhouse cheerleaders during an election cycle... utterly pointless.

anyone who doesn't think this country doesn't have a mental health problem dating as far back as the postal worker shootings or Columbine needs to seek mental counciling.

as a parent of a school aged child 'these' (far too common) occurrences are one of very few things that cost me a good night's sleep. 

wonder what would happen if any of these school shooters had the courage to walk into their local police or sheriff's department and tried this shit.

generations of poor parenting, desensitizing video games and an overly zealous gun culture have led us here. 

makes me utterly sick as a parent and firearm owner. 😢

What happened today has nothing in common with what Rittenhouse did.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

makes me utterly sick as a parent and firearm owner. 😢

Wow! What an ignorant and I'm sure an emotional without thinking statement. To even say that was just wrong. 

• Like 1