Best detailing products

Been using mothers, McGuire and autoglym products.

Right now looking for a better tire shine, something that lasts longer than a week. 

Any recs on that or other good stuff  I’m a big fan of the wash n wax mothers and McGuire  

B0CA4E95-52F9-47B1-926B-3B8B8752B597.jpeg

• Like 1

I've been using the F-11 Top Coat for a few years now.  I'll do a clay bar every couple years, and then the F-11 twice sometimes 3 times a summer.  

Tire shine - I'm in on suggestions for that.

63EB6417-5983-4F20-880A-9929B2CC2A5E.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Capt richards best The Bomb for paint 

https://www.captainrichardsbest.com/shop-crb/capt-richards-best-crb.html

wurth rubber care for black texture and tires 

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-Product/Cleaning-and-Care/Rubber-and-Vinyl/Rubber-Care-aerosol-can-net-10-1-fl-oz-/p/0890110

My bud that use to detail professionally uses malco products 

25FDA63B-9888-4E57-9CDA-170810126084.jpeg

Edited by 800renegaderider

33 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Right now looking for a better tire shine, something that lasts longer than a week. 

Any recs on that or other good stuff  I’m a big fan of the wash n wax mothers and McGuire  

No idea on a long lasting tire shine but I've been using Collinite 845 Insulator wax for years now and swear by it. It lasts, easily, 6 months. Lots of detailing sites around but I mostly use Bob is the Oil guy.com now has they have a great detailing section that gets a lot of traffic. Autopia.org is another one that is detailing specific. 

I also use this soap and have for a few years now. A cap full goes a long ways and the suds last and last. This is from Eshine.ca A CDN company who I mostly purchase from. Olde Town Auto spa is another one. Sign up to both and get notices, as well as car detailing tips, from both of them. 

https://www.eshine.ca/collections/wash-and-dry/products/optimum-car-wash-128oz 

https://www.eshine.ca/collections/waxes-sealants/products/collinite-liquid-insulator-car-wax

Edited by irv

When I was polishing/ceramic coating all we used were Malco products and nothing was silicone based. The vehicles/ boats/sleds etc came out awesome once they were cut and polished and the ceramic sealed the deal.

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

When I was polishing/ceramic coating all we used were Malco products and nothing was silicone based. The vehicles/ boats/sleds etc came out awesome once they were cut and polished and the ceramic sealed the deal.

How much is a ceramic coating?  

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

How much is a ceramic coating?  

Depends on doing it at a shop or by yourself. A 1.5-2 oz bottle runs $30-40 and is enough to do a pkup truck. It's easy to apply and takes no time at all. I like the Tec 580 ceramic vs a high end bottle of Graphene. If you miss a spot wiping the Graphene you have to reapply and wipe again. Check out the Malco videos on polishing and ceramic coating

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

B0CA4E95-52F9-47B1-926B-3B8B8752B597.jpeg

If SHE'S doing the detailing at home, I might suggest a product that has a shorter life span. . .

Tire sealant:

https://superiorproducts.com/product/cover-all-high-gloss-tire-interior-dressing/

Buy it by the gallon and go from there.  Their spray wax diluted with water is a nice detail spray.  Both are uber cheap.  After really liking both of those I bought some of their leather cleaner/conditioner but haven't yet tried that.  I've been using the coverall for years.  It is great on a lot of stuff.

The other one I buy in bulk is Bass Boat Saver....but having 3 big shiny boats I go through a lot of that as well.  Got a 5 gallon jug a while back.