Gripe(s) of the day thread

38 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Holy fuck you need medication man. It’s just pop. 

this is how I vent to avoid the wife telling me not to be such an old curmudgeon.  :)

didn't matter if it was soda, toilet paper, rice a Roni or tampons... an app, really?

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not really.  

Live in a hunting area and you'd swear half of the people that come out here to hunt have never been left to their own accord or without supervision before.

And they can take their landowner app and shove it up their ass too.

Gotcha on one

The second part some swear by for 'off trail' riding.

Are ya visibly posted?

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not really.  

Live in a hunting area and you'd swear half of the people that come out here to hunt have never been left to their own accord or without supervision before.

Deer hunting isn’t even fun anymore. Land leasing, trail cameras and now the property line apps have ruined it. I hunt mostly public land now in the Adirondacks and gave came across people up there miles off the road that told me that was their place to hunt 😂

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not really.  

North of Hwy 95 is all public to some I think.

58 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this is how I vent to avoid the wife telling me not to be such an old curmudgeon.  :)

didn't matter if it was soda, toilet paper, rice a Roni or tampons... an app, really?

Gotcha on one

Are ya visibly posted?

Oh yeah.

45 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Deer hunting isn’t even fun anymore. Land leasing, trail cameras and now the property line apps have ruined it. I hunt mostly public land now in the Adirondacks and gave came across people up there miles off the road that told me that was their place to hunt 😂

When I used to deer hunt, it was change to the $40 slug barrel you picked up at the Lake Scandi Bait Shop for $40 on the old 870, launch a couple dozen slugs down the hayfield at a old pumpkin or three, and go for it.  Opening morning came around, throw on the old orange vest and hat and start hiking to the straw bale fort you make a week or two earlier.  

Guess I could still do that, but deer hunting doesn't appeal much to me.  Never really has.  

Let some friends hunt on the CRP around the house though.  

32 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

North of Hwy 95 is all public to some I think.

West of 15 too.  Really, just about anywhere outside the 7 county metro area.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Gotcha on one

Are ya visibly posted?

I’m not saying it’s right but there’s worse things to be pissed off about. Especially to the degree of making a scene in a grocery store. 

I swear by the scan and go app at Sam’s Club. I think all stores should be that way. I hear we are getting an Amazon Fresh store here soon and that’s pretty much how they run their store entirely. Sign me the fuck up, I say. 

The land line apps are ok. Hit and miss a bit sometimes. There’s a decent online deal I found for property lines. GIS or something like that. Works great imo. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
On 11/5/2022 at 2:26 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

today's rant... :justcuz:

got up this morning, did some shit around the house and ran errands one of which being going to the grocery store.  wife and daughter both had short lists.  go to the store (and I shop like the last man leaving a battle zone) load my cart, pay and get the fuck out.

get home, unpack the goods and looked at the receipt which I rarely do.  my soda is on the receipt for $7.99 a pack and the sale tag at the store said $3.99.  ok, looked at the rest of the goods on the bill and all the 'perks' discounts are on there.  hmmmmm.  wife asks if it was a 'digital coupon price' for the soda and I said 'wtf is a digital coupon?', she explains.  now I'm pissed off and throw the soda back in the truck, drive to the store, grab a cart to throw the soda in and head back into the store to the customer service desk.  you guessed it, no one at the customer service desk.  I find a person and request the store manager come to the customer service desk.  five minutes later he shows up and asks how he can help me.  I hand him the receipt and politely ask why my soda is $7.99 rather than $3.99.  he says 'sir, you need the digital app to get the special pricing'... as I was expecting this I asked him 'what if I don't have a smart phone or my 80 year old mother in law comes into your store and doesn't have or want an app on her phone?'  he unwisely replied 'that's how it works these days' to which I replied 'not for our family any longer' and proceeded to bang the 12 packs of soda on the counter and asked to be refunded.  he said 'sir, there's no need to be angry' to which I replied loud enough for many people to hear 'my wife and I have spent tens of thousands of dollars in this store over the past three decades and if I or my family has to have a fucking app on their phone to get a special price we will happily take our grocery shopping needs to one of three other grocery stores here in town!'.  his face went blank.  he quietly said 'I can discount your purchase to give you the price' to which I said 'no thank you because I have principals and ethics which Pick-n-Save/Kroger no longer does!'   He refunded my card, I ripped their 'discount key tag' off my key ring, threw it on the counter and walked out.

it's not the $3 or $12 with me... it's purely principal.  

there, I feel better now...  :)

On 7/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

LOUD talkers...

:popcornchair:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’m not saying it’s right but there’s worse things to be pissed off about. Especially to the degree of making a scene in a grocery store. 

I swear by the scan and go app at Sam’s Club. I think all stores should be that way. I hear we are getting an Amazon Fresh store here soon and that’s pretty much how they run their store entirely. Sign me the fuck up, I say. 

The land line apps are ok. Hit and miss a bit sometimes. There’s a decent online deal I found for property lines. GIS or something like that. Works great imo. 

I doubt you will see an Amazon fresh anytime soon. Amazon built a brand new one down the road from me and haven’t opened it. The completed building has been sitting empty for at least a year. Word on the street is those store are not working well for them and pulled back on opening more.