Gripe(s) of the day thread

My wife says I complain too much.  I laugh when she complains about me complaining.  :lol:

So, in an effort to complain less to her I figured this would be a good place to list the gripes of old crumudgeons like me. 

Yesterday... Go to Fleet Farm after work for a few items.  Find my shit and within 5 minutes I'm  heading to get in line for the cashier.  There's two cash registers open and a line of 14 and 12 people waiting per line.  I stood there for 18 minutes to buy $9 of merchandise.  The cashier was a nice older lady and I said to her 'they sure could use a few more hard working pleasant people like you here right now' which I said loud enough for the store manager and other customers to hear.  Applause and laughter erupted from a few adults behind me in our line.  I don't come to your store to spend this kind of time standing in fucking line like I'm waiting to ride Space Mountain at Disney.  Hire and PAY some adults PLEASE.

Today... When did people forget how to use an on ramp on the interstate to merge into fucking traffic?  The on ramp isn't a place to go 30-40mph while merging into traffic going 70+!!!!  Get on the throttle and up to god-damned speed for Christs sake.  If this is too fucking complicated for you, ride a bus, take an Uber or stick to driving around your neighborhood.  

Feel free to add your own common sense gripes... ;)

• Like 2

I'm just gonna gripe in general .... water issues inside a house SUCK :wall:  Being a home owner is great and all, but when it comes to shit like water issues, I sure would love to be in a condo setup and call the Super to say "Hey, yo!" and have them deal with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm just gonna gripe in general .... water issues inside a house SUCK :wall:  Being a home owner is great and all, but when it comes to shit like water issues, I sure would love to be in a condo setup and call the Super to say "Hey, yo!" and have them deal with it.

my girlfriend has a way of causing plumbing issues on sunday, usually 4:30 or so. this week she twisted the outside faucet so much it wouldn't turn off. pain in the ass had to replace the pipe going to it also. last time not her fault but the cold water tank shooting a stream on the wall. again 4:30 on sunday. tried to turn breaker off, wouldn't move. used a flashlight to bump it, broke the levers off. had to pry the live breaker out of the box. so new tank, breaker, and back on the couch by 8:00. 

5 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

my gripe of the day is cat food - THERES NO CATS IN CAT FOOD!

Girl Scout Cookies!!Same bullshit!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

My wife says I complain too much.  I laugh when she complains about me complaining.  :lol:

So, in an effort to complain less to her I figured this would be a good place to list the gripes of old crumudgeons like me. 

Yesterday... Go to Fleet Farm after work for a few items.  Find my shit and within 5 minutes I'm  heading to get in line for the cashier.  There's two cash registers open and a line of 14 and 12 people waiting per line.  I stood there for 18 minutes to buy $9 of merchandise.  The cashier was a nice older lady and I said to her 'they sure could use a few more hard working pleasant people like you here right now' which I said loud enough for the store manager and other customers to hear.  Applause and laughter erupted from a few adults behind me in our line.  I don't come to your store to spend this kind of time standing in fucking line like I'm waiting to ride Space Mountain at Disney.  Hire and PAY some adults PLEASE.

Today... When did people forget how to use an on ramp on the interstate to merge into fucking traffic?  The on ramp isn't a place to go 30-40mph while merging into traffic going 70+!!!!  Get on the throttle and up to god-damned speed for Christs sake.  If this is too fucking complicated for you, ride a bus, take an Uber or stick to driving around your neighborhood.  

Feel free to add your own common sense gripes... ;)

Stopped at Fleet Farm on Saturday.  Grabbed some fishing line and a couple of lures.  Went to the check out and the young girl there barely acknowledged I was there.  She finally got around to ringing me up, without a greeting at all, then dropped some of my shit on the floor, cracking one of the boxes a lure was in.  Never said thank you, nothing.  Then she proceeds to pull her pants up to her armpits before she can be troubled to put my things in a bag.  Poor customer service and just plain lack of awareness.

not specific to today... but LOUD talkers that insist upon always using SPEAKER PHONE...

:bashhead:

hey idiots, the whole world doesn't want to hear you, or your idiotic conversation.  💡

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Price of fuel and fertilizer is fucking stupid!!!! Might have to pump and dash so i can ride this winter!!!!:thumbdown2:

prob cheaper to pay the appearance ticket for that, than paying for fuel

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not specific to today... but LOUD talkers that insist upon always using SPEAKER PHONE...

hey idiots, the whole world doesn't want to hear you, or your idiotic conversation.  💡

Just be thankful those stupid walkie talkie cell phones aren’t popular anymore. I can’t remember the name but they’d chirp loud as hell. I hated those stupid things.

17 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Just be thankful those stupid walkie talkie cell phones aren’t popular anymore. I can’t remember the name but they’d chirp loud as hell. I hated those stupid things.

NEXTEL   Fuck those were annoying!

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Meetings scheduled during lunch, but lunch isn't provided.

Nice 👍

You must work for my employer.

Had both those at the same time today.

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

New gripe for the day.  I'm looking for a carb part for my new shitbox mower.

Think I can find even a breakdown of the carb on the Garggler?

Fuck no, it is all ads and knock-off carb shit on there!

you need to call a dealer and ask for the custodian.  

• Haha 1

Nah, I just called the dealer about 3 beers deep, told them the piece of shit I have and what I need, and $2.42 later, it is on it's way.

It gave one hell of a backfire out of the intake and exhaust at the same time.  My old pit bitch thinks I might have a fuckered up motor.

<Cracks another beer>

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Nah, I just called the dealer about 3 beers deep, told them the piece of shit I have and what I need, and $2.42 later, it is on it's way.

It gave one hell of a backfire out of the intake and exhaust at the same time.  My old pit bitch thinks I might have a fuckered up motor.

<Cracks another beer>

whutcha order?

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The little teenie tiny spring clip that holds the needle to the float in the carb.  

where do you live, Antarctica? 

is it 'special' or Chinese?