This is who is running the show - price gouging?? FFS

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

Funny how the oil companies only want to price gouge when dems are in office. The last time diesel was this high obama was running things

Not true started under W. I paid 499.9 for Diesel in 2008, and that was before Pa. raised the gas tax.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Not true started under W. I paid 499.9 for Diesel in 2008, and that was before Pa. raised the gas tax.

You're right, i forgot there was a spike in the spring of 08 for a few months. Then it started to get high again in 11 or 12. 

28 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

You're right, i forgot there was a spike in the spring of 08 for a few months. Then it started to get high again in 11 or 12. 

I was paying $.95 a gallon for diesel and regular gas was $1.00 under Clinton, but it didn't last, it's a shame diesel the least refined product costs more gas.

23 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I was paying $.95 a gallon for diesel and regular gas was $1.00 under Clinton, but it didn't last, it's a shame diesel the least refined product costs more gas.

The 1st diesel i bought was a 97 f250 back in 01 or so. I remember paying under $1 a few times but it's been steadily going up since. I usually only work nov to july, but I'm shutting down early this year. Rates are low and fuel too high, no point putting the miles on right now. Maybe by fall they'll come down some 

38 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The 1st diesel i bought was a 97 f250 back in 01 or so. I remember paying under $1 a few times but it's been steadily going up since. I usually only work nov to july, but I'm shutting down early this year. Rates are low and fuel too high, no point putting the miles on right now. Maybe by fall they'll come down some 

I just filled up yesterday, $6.45 per gallon, sucks but my truck is my daily driver and with the cost of vehicles now I can buy a lot of fuel for what a different vehicle would cost. Truck gets about 16 mpg driving around here.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I just filled up yesterday, $6.45 per gallon, sucks but my truck is my daily driver and with the cost of vehicles now I can buy a lot of fuel for what a different vehicle would cost. Truck gets about 16 mpg driving around here.

$5.50 here, I'm in a dually as a daily but luckily i don't have to drive around much if I'm not working. Gonna try to find a beater car for running around now

11 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

$5.50 here, I'm in a dually as a daily but luckily i don't have to drive around much if I'm not working. Gonna try to find a beater car for running around now

Normal is about 50 mile per day for me, I'm retired and as much as I hate giving the oil companies my money, I'm not going to stop doing whatever I want.

• Like 1