Woodtick

15 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I've used them for years on between 8 to 12 dogs per year. No bad effects. I have had old dogs die of cancer but thats at 11 to 13 years old. Most old dogs end up with some form of cancer before they're gone 

Hounds?? Or sled dogs?

2 hours ago, HSR said:

These guys aren’t as deadly as ticks but I hate them too. 

EB4691EA-2126-4E0B-8EAF-6AB7B25DCD51.jpeg

9F20A57C-8E79-4925-BB34-06181A84A5BE.jpeg

That's a beetle that bores into pine trees and kills them.  They came through by us awhile back and killed a lot of trees 

Just now, HSR said:

Will you shut up FFS :dunno: we're talking about annoying ticks.

You asked who he was and you banned him.O.o I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.9_9

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

That's a beetle that bores into pine trees and kills them.  They came through by us awhile back and killed a lot of trees 

Those are white spotted sawyers. Guys at the sawmill hate them. These fuckers are bad for trees too

2BFAEA6A-FA9B-4275-AFC8-D7FEA3C447AE.png

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

You asked who he was and you banned him.O.o I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.9_9

His name was Icemanjoe you retard and he typed incoherent posts, much like you. Don’t know what correlation you’re trying to make ?And your witty come back “ you act like what’s his name” excellent work. 

969EF1AA-443B-4E58-837D-FE7E86052E9C.jpeg

20 minutes ago, HSR said:

His name was Icemanjoe you retard and he typed incoherent posts, much like you. Don’t know what correlation you’re trying to make ?And your witty come back “ you act like what’s his name” excellent work. 

We all called him F7Joe ya goat fucker ie Joe Reinhart, ya goat cum guzzler.  Good story, but in what chapter do you shut the fuck up?:finger:

Bucky Badger - Wikipedia

Edited by Badger**

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

We all call him F7Joe ya goat fucker ie Joe Reinhart, ya goat cum guzzler.  Good story, but in what chapter do you shut the fuck up?:finger:

Bucky Badger - Wikipedia

Just like 550,,,come waltzing in just to fuck up a thread. What a Dork.

8 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

My former sister-in-law (Who is a BIG girl) had one in the crack of her ass once, and her husband (CFH's brother) wouldn't touch it!  Turned into an emergency room visit.... :lol2:

don’t make fun of Gym Ramstud’s wife hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

You did it, you went there full on retard, own it its all you. 9_9

Never Go Full Retard Tropic Thunder GIF - Never Go Full Retard Tropic  Thunder Dont Be Retarded - Discover & Share GIFs

I seriously have no clue what you're talking about:dunno:

Do you have anything to add about woodticks??If not go tell 550 how you "owned me" :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, HSR said:

About 20 years ago an old Dutch fella I worked with fell ill ,got better,,ill with other symptoms,recovered,ill again. Went on for 3-4 years before they thought of lyme disease. He recovered but suffered from the damage done.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Nasty mother fuckers. A friend of mine was fishing down at Kentucky lake and got bit by one on his nut sack ( I know). Well he has been fucked up ever since. I dont think he has lyme but they carry all kinds of other shit because his body has been eating itself for the last 10 years or so. This guy was a very physically fit person. He worked out every day and was high energy. Since the bite he had to stop working and has had to have several surgeries like spine fusions and his organs started failing. He went from being a buff and fit dude to a shell. He aged 50 years. Its a really sad story and the doctors havent really been able to help him. 

A woman on my old work route developed lyme that also totally debilitated her. Took too long to figure out it was lyme......she never was able to return to work and never the same since.

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

A woman on my old work route developed lyme that also totally debilitated her. Took too long to figure out it was lyme......she never was able to return to work and never the same since.

I found this,,odd that 20 years ago they claim low demand???

A vaccine for Lyme disease is not currently available. The only vaccine previously marketed in the United States, LYMERix®, was discontinued by the manufacturer in 2002, citing insufficient consumer demand. Protection provided by this vaccine decreases over time.

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

A vaccine for Lyme disease is not currently available. The only vaccine previously marketed in the United States, LYMERix®, was discontinued by the manufacturer in 2002, citing insufficient consumer demand. Protection provided by this vaccine decreases over time.

Do you guys in Canookistan have a vax? I heard you did as always wondered if i could get 1 when I'm up there working

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Do you guys in Canookistan have a vax? I heard you did as always wondered if i could get 1 when I'm up there working

I don't think so:dunno: I'll have to look more into it though.

You work up here often??

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yeah...that's weird. I don't think they ever perfected a vaccine....kinda why the vet even says it's not fool proof.

And even the tests for lyme don't always pick it up....my brother and a coworker both had the classic bullseye rash but tested negative for lyme. They both went through the anti-biotic regimen regardless.

Just now, HSR said:

I don't think so:dunno: I'll have to look more into it though.

You work up here often??

For 12 years, I used to go north every week, since the vax regulations took effect i haven't been up there in a year. I miss it, lots of cool scenery. I ran to cities from thunderbay west to whitehorse yt

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah...that's weird. I don't think they ever perfected a vaccine....kinda why the vet even says it's not fool proof.

And even the tests for lyme don't always pick it up....my brother and a coworker both had the classic bullseye rash but tested negative for lyme. They both went through the anti-biotic regimen regardless.

Yes it's a very weird disease,hard to diagnose and detect. If a vax was available even at "covid" efficacy,I would be in. I spend a lot of time in the woods.

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

For 12 years, I used to go north every week, since the vax regulations took effect i haven't been up there in a year. I miss it, lots of cool scenery. I ran to cities from thunderbay west to whitehorse yt

That's pretty cool:bc: I'd love to get up to the Yukon:thumbsup: Thunder Bay isn't much to brag aboot though. I'm 2 hours from there and it's a crime ridden shite hole now.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

That's pretty cool:bc: I'd love to get up to the Yukon:thumbsup: Thunder Bay isn't much to brag aboot though. I'm 2 hours from there and it's a crime ridden shite hole now.

Yeah bc and yt are awesome. I'd like to live in bc. The guy i get my hounds from was a guide up in Northern bc and I've went on a few hunts with him. 

5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah bc and yt are awesome. I'd like to live in bc. The guy i get my hounds from was a guide up in Northern bc and I've went on a few hunts with him. 

Mountain Lion?

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Mountain Lion?

Bear, didnt shoot anything, just went on the hunts to see the dogs work. A lion hunt is on my bucket list, it's too bad he's too old to hunt much these days

34 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Bear, didnt shoot anything, just went on the hunts to see the dogs work. A lion hunt is on my bucket list, it's too bad he's too old to hunt much these days

I can imagine bear hunting with dogs is exciting as hell but a lot of work,have to be in shape. I'd love to watch a team of dogs work like that too,doing what they love :bc:

I've been thinking about a badger hunt lately :lol:

CB574C13-CA73-420C-B42F-BCF5D9E2503B.jpeg