Woodtick

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wood tick / dog ticks are bad here. Had a couple in the house already. One crawling on my arm as I was watching tv and another one just clinging to the wall hanging out  :wall:

50 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

My former sister-in-law (Who is a BIG girl) had one in the crack of her ass once, and her husband (CFH's brother) wouldn't touch it!  Turned into an emergency room visit.... :lol2:

digging a tick out of a big girl's ass crack. she better be pretty!

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My vet never mentioned it…I heard about it elsewhere…thankfully Sadie never showed symptoms and seems to be doing fine.👍🏼

The effectiveness of the vaccine may be questionable like sleepybrew said... but have never had issues with lyme with any of my dogs that have received it. Did have a dog develop lyme in the past, that's when I decided to get them the vaccines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The effectiveness of the vaccine may be questionable like sleepybrew said... but have never had issues with lyme with any of my dogs that have received it. Did have a dog develop lyme in the past, that's when I decided to get them the vaccines.

i now know the signs of lyme in dogs. high temps, and snorting and snotting like it has a cold. vet knew instantly. 

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i now know the signs of lyme in dogs. high temps, and snorting and snotting like it has a cold. vet knew instantly. 

Good to know…My dog had zero symptoms…it showed up on her Heartworm bloodwork.

Nasty mother fuckers. A friend of mine was fishing down at Kentucky lake and got bit by one on his nut sack ( I know). Well he has been fucked up ever since. I dont think he has lyme but they carry all kinds of other shit because his body has been eating itself for the last 10 years or so. This guy was a very physically fit person. He worked out every day and was high energy. Since the bite he had to stop working and has had to have several surgeries like spine fusions and his organs started failing. He went from being a buff and fit dude to a shell. He aged 50 years. Its a really sad story and the doctors havent really been able to help him. 

• Sad 7

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I had bloodwork done years back that showed I had Lyme but no symptoms so doctors are concerned  :dunno: 

My wife has it also. Eventually it will show up as rheumatoid arthritis

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Nasty mother fuckers. A friend of mine was fishing down at Kentucky lake and got bit by one on his nut sack ( I know). Well he has been fucked up ever since. I dont think he has lyme but they carry all kinds of other shit because his body has been eating itself for the last 10 years or so. This guy was a very physically fit person. He worked out every day and was high energy. Since the bite he had to stop working and has had to have several surgeries like spine fusions and his organs started failing. He went from being a buff and fit dude to a shell. He aged 50 years. Its a really sad story and the doctors havent really been able to help him. 

doctors from outside lyme areas don't know to look for iot. look up the singer avril lavigne. she had lyme and no one knew what it was. she ended up being carried out of a hotel room before a show, that she had to cancel. lyme was off the charts, took a long time to heal

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

My former sister-in-law (Who is a BIG girl) had one in the crack of her ass once, and her husband (CFH's brother) wouldn't touch it!  Turned into an emergency room visit.... :lol2:

That's a vision I didn't need.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

doctors from outside lyme areas don't know to look for iot. look up the singer avril lavigne. she had lyme and no one knew what it was. she ended up being carried out of a hotel room before a show, that she had to cancel. lyme was off the charts, took a long time to heal

The bad part is it might not go away. My wife's doctor said you have about a 2 week window to get on an antibiotic regiment and after that you are pretty much screwed. 

my friend was one of the first in the area to deal with it. he was bit on the chest on the island, the "ring" went over his shoulder and around his back. ended up with iv antibiotics at home. my girlfriend's mom ended up in the psych ward for 6 weeks. bit by a tick, going to a holistic dr. herbs and weeds not gonna fix it. it went so long it tore up her nervous system. had to live with us for a while, she was a mess

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Imagine if the Doc dug it out and said "Nope just a willnot" :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

i had one in my man part at work. asked around for tweezers, everyone laughed. one guy who laughed the most came in a week later, ok not funny. he had one himself. his wife the rn, got it out, said there was another. she pulled till he screamed, it was a piece of skin. i told him, now THAT'S funny!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Anler said:

I had one of the dogs at the vet a few weeks back and Dr. Rob who is aware of my wife’s issues asked if she had been tested for Tick Borne disease…She is going to ask her Neurologist at her next appointment.

1 hour ago, irv said:

Can't remember if I seen this here so some other place? Either way, I had never heard about it but it sounds like it has been around for a while and works?

Works awesome! I use it everyday all summer and fall when I'm training my hounds in the woods. Seresto collars on the dogs and permethrin for me. You can also use permethrin on dogs, but i haven't tried it yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Oh man that's all I need.  :sad:   Sorry about your wife. I just had my Rheumatologist appointment last week actually and nothing so far just normal degenerative stuff for my age. All the stupid shit I did when I was younger is bound to catch up to me. Feels like it already has sometimes 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This one looks like a Lone Star Tick…eesshh.

Just got another off myself,,,I don't examine them,,,just burn 'em