Spend Spend Spend, War War War. Democrats gave another 40 billion to Ukraine

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I was ok with sending weapons especially our old stock but straight up cash not so much.

We have spent over $50 billion on ukraine so far. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And no good accounting of where that money actually went.

A good portion was weapons we already had. In the case of the Javelins the military was already set to buy a updated version which would make the old ones scrap. 

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

A good portion was weapons we already had. In the case of the Javelins the military was already set to buy a updated version which would make the old ones scrap. 

We still should have sent them a bill.  Amazing how that question wont get the air time it deserves.  I think it was Rand Paul or maybe Marjorie Taylor Greene did…where are the rest of them?  And why arent more asking the same question?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

We have spent over $50 billion on ukraine so far. 

SMFH

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And no good accounting of where that money actually went.

Nice ...

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Bullshit ... no reason to scrap those

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

We still should have sent them a bill.  Amazing how that question wont get the air time it deserves.  I think it was Rand Paul or maybe Marjorie Taylor Greene did…where are the rest of them?  And why arent more asking the same question?

I have gone back and forth on this. I can think of no cheaper way for the US to inflict such damage to the Russians than to have some other countries solders fire weapons we already have. I am not for putting our troops in harms way but the Ukrainians have no choice and so far have been up to the task. I don't like the cash payments mainly because it is shrouded in corruption. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Dude....the Javelins have a shelf life...they do expire. Batteries and internal components go bad over time.... these babies are being put to good use.

Once you get past the Russian propaganda in this article... it kind of explains some of the problems. These are obviously having a huge impact on the Russian military,  contrary to what they are claiming....f'n liars. Putin is going down.... send them even more javelins....:lol:

Screenshot_2022-05-14-11-09-37.thumb.png.483ce119615b7cc1b09aa8b23144b6e7.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2022/05/10/russia-claims-ukraines-anti-tank-missiles-are-duds--so-why-are-russian-tanks-burning/

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

SMFH

Nice ...

Scrap might be to strong a word but I think a fair chunk of the current Javelin would have been rotated out of service in the next 5 to 10 years which would have made a large chunk of the ones we sent Ukraine just unspent ammunition. So far depending on the source Russia has lost 500 to 600 tanks and even at least a dozen  T90 tanks which is the top Russian model. The Javelin is doing exactly what it was made to do and not a single US solder is in harms way......that is a win in my book.

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Dude....the Javelins have a shelf life...they do expire. Batteries and internal components go bad over time.... these babies are being put to good use.

Once you get past the Russian propaganda in this article... it kind of explains some of the problems. These are obviously having a huge impact on the Russian military,  contrary to what they are claiming....f'n liars. Putin is going down.... send them even more javelins....:lol:

Screenshot_2022-05-14-11-09-37.thumb.png.483ce119615b7cc1b09aa8b23144b6e7.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2022/05/10/russia-claims-ukraines-anti-tank-missiles-are-duds--so-why-are-russian-tanks-burning/

We don't even have the new ones yet ... settle down Ike :lol:

You are way too emotionally invested in Putin btw. You're going to be crushed if he breaks out the big weapons to use ... :news:

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Scrap might be to strong a word but I think a fair chunk of the current Javelin would have been rotated out of service in the next 5 to 10 years which would have made a large chunk of the ones we sent Ukraine just unspent ammunition. So far depending on the source Russia has lost 500 to 600 tanks and even at least a dozen  T90 tanks which is the top Russian model. The Javelin is doing exactly what it was made to do and not a single US solder is in harms way......that is a win in my book.

Fair enough  ... but that puppet govt we installed over there should be paying for them at least.

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Fair enough  ... but that puppet govt we installed over there should be paying for them at least.

If the Ukrainians survive and even win this a few things are going to happen. Ukraine will end up being much closer to the west in general weather they are in or out of NATO. Nato countries will end up spending more money on their own defense which in turn  reduce the amount the US has to invest in Europe.  In general I would say the 4000 Javelins and 100 ish Howitzers we send over there will be some of the best bang for the buck the US military has spent in Decades against the Russians.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

If the Ukrainians survive and even win this a few things are going to happen. Ukraine will end up being much closer to the west in general weather they are in or out of NATO. Nato countries will end up spending more money on their own defense which in turn  reduce the amount the US has to invest in Europe.  In general I would say the 4000 Javelins and 100 ish Howitzers we send over there will be some of the best bang for the buck the US military has spent in Decades against the Russians.

Why do we hate the Russians so much again? :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Just punch your anti military hardon down a bit.  

We should defund our entire military

He is against anything more powerful than pea shooters and nerf balls..

5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

We should defund our entire military

He is against anything more powerful than pea shooters and nerf balls..

You should fucking kill yourself 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:56 AM, f7ben said:

Nobody gives a fuck about spending ....not Rs or Ds or Trump culters or anyone else except those with functioning brains which apparently is about 8 people in the whole ducking country. 

Ahem, it was a uniparty til Trump ripped the bandaid off Ben.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ahem, it was a uniparty til Trump ripped the bandaid off Ben.

No...Trump did everything the Washington swamp wanted and more

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Why does Russia hate the West is the question. You would think they would not want to upset their best customers but here we are.

Maybe because once we put in a puppet govt - we started slaughtering Russians that were in Ukraine :dunno: