What did we gain? To all you people that thought a stimulus was necessary

12 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So nothing eh? Just another liar. 

I explained to you many times, everyone else here gets it but you.  Just another lowlife drunken piece of shit talking shit on the internet, that's all you are.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I explained to you many times, everyone else here gets it but you.  Just another lowlife drunken piece of shit talking shit on the internet, that's all you are.

:goodpost:

38 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Triggered by your own lies.

• Gold Member

It's just astounding how in thread after thread it's pointed how the Republicans spend too much money and the Democrats spend too much money yet we still have a significant portion of the people who think it's only the other team that does all the spending. :dunno:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

It's just astounding how in thread after thread it's pointed how the Republicans spend too much money and the Democrats spend too much money yet we still have a significant portion of the people who think it's only the other team that does all the spending. :dunno:

That’s because partisans are actually brain dead. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Yet the only people here that wanted a tax moratorium are all considered conservatives.  FFS, you can't get any more obvious about who wants spending and who doesn't

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yet the only people here that wanted a tax moratorium are all considered conservatives.  FFS, you can't get any more obvious about who wants spending and who doesn't

You are the only person too dumb to understand that wouldn't have helped the people who were laid off.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You are the only person too dumb to understand that wouldn't have helped the people who were laid off.

You do realize that taxes are taken out of unemployment compensation. 

23 minutes ago, racer254 said:

and?   giving people money directly pushed money directly into the economy and helped many who needed it. most that truly needed it don't even pay income tax  What they should have done was required it to be paid back if you in fact did not suffer any real loss from COvid.  Guy like myself getting it when i had the best year in a decade was stupid and many were in that position where 2020 was far better than 19.  something as simple as if household income was over 75k and if you did not have an income decrease between 2019 and 2020 you had to pay it back over the next 3 years and no one making  over 125k in 2020 got it.  

52 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yes, and I realize that unemployment doesn't pay as much as their jobs did, therefore their tax liability would be less further lowering the amount a tax holiday would save them. Trump's $600.00 dollar a week increase in UE benefits far outweighed the benefit  any tax holiday would have given them. Even you can't believe their taxes were more than $600.00 per week.

42 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes, and I realize that unemployment doesn't pay as much as their jobs did, therefore their tax liability would be less further lowering the amount a tax holiday would save them. Trump's $600.00 dollar a week increase in UE benefits far outweighed the benefit  any tax holiday would have given them. Even you can't believe their taxes were more than $600.00 per week.

At the expense of record inflation.  Woo hoo, that was a great idea.  NOPE.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

At the expense of record inflation.  Woo hoo, that was a great idea.  NOPE.

Yes, glad you finally admit it. Had it been more targeted, meaning a salary cap, and no PPP it would have been far better.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

and?   giving people money directly pushed money directly into the economy and helped many who needed it. most that truly needed it don't even pay income tax  What they should have done was required it to be paid back if you in fact did not suffer any real loss from COvid.  Guy like myself getting it when i had the best year in a decade was stupid and many were in that position where 2020 was far better than 19.  something as simple as if household income was over 75k and if you did not have an income decrease between 2019 and 2020 you had to pay it back over the next 3 years and no one making  over 125k in 2020 got it.  

so why aren’t you and everyone else blaming the house and senate that passed the bills?  The blame should be shared I would think.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

so why aren’t you and everyone else blaming the house and senate that passed the bills?  The blame should be shared I would think.

Because they have been told that it was trump!!!!!!  Yet trump was all for a tax moratorium. 

43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Because not one dime gets approved without the president's signature, just like the previous 8 years, and god knows spending was the number one issue then.

32 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Because they have been told that it was trump!!!!!!  Yet trump was all for a tax moratorium. 

That would have done little to nothing for the people who were laid off, how many times does this need to be explained to you?

• Thanks 1

Andrew Yang says the stimulus payments aren’t what is driving inflation.

MIAMI — Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang says that Covid stimulus checks are not to blame for the recent inflation spike — and he's still in favor of sending people free cash as a way to insulate workers from economic shocks and technological disruption.

The universal basic income (UBI) evangelist told CNBC on the sidelines of the Bitcoin Miami conference that stimulus checks comprise "maybe 17%" of the money issued with the CARES Act — a measure passed by Congress to unlock trillions of dollars in stimulus funding to shore up the economy amid worldwide lockdowns.

Where did the other 83% of the money go? It went to institutions. It went to pipes," said Yang, who ran for New York City mayor and U.S. president on a platform advocating for guaranteed monthly payments from the government to all citizens age 18 to 64, with no strings attached.

"Money in people's hands for a couple of months last year — in my mind — was a very, very minor factor, in that most of that money has long since been spent and yet you see inflation continue to rise," said Yang, who also pointed out that prior to the pandemic and Economic Impact Payments, the primary drivers of inflation were staples such as education, health care and housing, all of which were independent of stimulus checks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/04/18/stimulus-checks-not-to-blame-for-inflation-andrew-yang.html

• Like 1