What did we gain? To all you people that thought a stimulus was necessary

What did it do for our country?  Record inflation, supply chain issues.  It didn't prevent anything that it was proposed to.   Yet some people just continue to fall for all this spending bullshit narrative from the dipshits in washington.

Edited by racer254

9 hours ago, racer254 said:

What did it do for our country?  Record inflation, supply chain issues.  It didn't prevent anything that it was proposed to.   Yet some people just continue to fall for all this spending bullshit narrative from the dipshits in washington.

I don't know if this applies, but do you guyz remember when I ranted against Biden's GIVEAWAYS? 

Remember when I posted that much of it will be lost through graft, corruption, theft, fraud and other means???

Report just came out that 200 Billion has been lost through fraud, etc, 

That fucking bastard of humanity. I hate his ugly face, and his punky smirk so much. 

God, this country sucks so bad. 

10 hours ago, racer254 said:

It did nothing, they kicked the can down the road again and at some point someone's going to have to pay this debt back.......... Or wait if the government can forgive college loans why can't they forgive all the debt they have created for the next how many generations of our families.......... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Answer this? Who made out?

MC, I was told by a roofer last year that he knew someone who got THOUSANDS fraudulently. The guy had some kind of bullshit business, got tons of money, and DOESN'T have to pay it back. MY stinking tax dollars!!!  

Good question, I, we, started to work 7 days a week pouring out over 6-8 million pounds of meat a week shipping it allover the country to feed America.

I worked with Feeding America and Second Harvest bring in millions of pounds of you name it I bought it in to feed people in need from all over the United States. 

We rolled up our sleeves pounded the phones looking for any and all meats to cover everyone, we turned no one away and the stress we put on our plant over the top, we went to war and we killed it!! No distributor on the United States did what we did. The hard part was our competitors gave up and that made me mad as hell, they just shut down and did did nothing.

During this time I had an accident and had to go in for emergency surgery and I only took one weekend off from work.

I'm very proud of the people I work with and I think they made a big difference in this country during covid. To answer your question, the stimulus check went to my daughter's wedding I had an open bar at her wedding. 

neNo photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

So a tax moratorium would have been much better just like I said, just like many others said.  But nope, there were dipshits even on this site claiming that a stimulus was needed.  Those same dipshits are still on here, and guess what, they are still just as stupid as before. 

And to badger, thanks for your generosity.

Edited by racer254

19 hours ago, Plissken said:

If I think of it as a tax cut is it still bad?

Well 57% didn't pay any taxes this year, so actually I feel fucked by the wasteful spending.

I am happy for you that you are so comfortable and open with your mental illness. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 5/10/2022 at 6:16 PM, Mainecat said:

Answer this? Who made out?

For the love of god please don't claim just business'.   People didn't have to pay rent, people got extended and increased unemployment benefits, they got student loan relief.  Business' paid people not to work.   Millions got stimulus checks while still working.   My son and his fiancé got $6400 handed to them WHILE STILL WORKING.  Big increase in the EICC.   Their was plenty of money that went out that shouldn't have but to say only the business class made out is disingenuous at best. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Plissken said:

If I think of it as a tax cut is it still bad?

An ACTUAL tax cut would be something you would see EVERY YEAR.

MN is doing this right now with their budget "surplus" - only they have selectively chosen who will get said money, with a receipt date of - about a month before the fall vote, when Walz is up for re-election.  Buying votes?  Naaaaaah..... We are helping "front line workers"!  B as in Bull, S as in Shit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Corporate America for the win!

If you knew this, why did you continue to push it and cheer for it?  How many times do you have to be told something before it finally sinks in?

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

So a tax moratorium would have been much better just like I said, just like many others said.  But nope, there were dipshits even on this site claiming that a stimulus was needed.  Those same dipshits are still on here, and guess what, they are still just as stupid as before. 

And to badger, thanks for your generosity.

No, you keep harping on this tax holiday shit that would have done little to nothing for people who were laid off, Trump's $600.00 a week UEB, and his $1800.00 in stimulus did help people out, I know 3 people who were able to catch up on their taxes due to the stimulus. Yes Trump's reckless spending that was larger than Biden's reckless spending caused in part the inflation we see now, along with supply chain, labor and pent up demand. Trump's PPP also cost plenty.  

• Thanks 1

I know a lot of people want to blame Trump for a lot of the spending, but the ones who do seem to have a short memory. When he got elected his job was to stimulate the economy, and he did that by reforming the tax code.  He also increased military spending, but many analysts agreed that our state of readiness had deteriorated considerably under the Obama years. Now that we are in a potential world war, it doesn’t seem like skimping on the military might be a good idea.  Trumps plan worked, the economy and stock market boomed. And then a couple years later we have the first pandemic of our lifetimes, and the world economy basically got shut down. Millions of people lost their jobs, millions of businesses were damaged or closed, and the first stimulus was a bipartisan effort to keep things afloat.  One would have thought that given all that, Biden would’ve put the brakes on the spending after the economy got back in gear. The $1.9 trillion stimulus was not needed in passed in non-bi partisan way.  Still, not much talk in Congress about reeling the spending back in, which in my opinion, if targeted correctly would stimulate the economy even more than Trump’s plan did.  Speaking of spending, the open border policy is only exacerbating things.

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No, you keep harping on this tax holiday shit that would have done little to nothing for people who were laid off, Trump's $600.00 a week UEB, and his $1800.00 in stimulus did help people out, I know 3 people who were able to catch up on their taxes due to the stimulus. Yes Trump's reckless spending that was larger than Biden's reckless spending caused in part the inflation we see now, along with supply chain, labor and pent up demand. Trump's PPP also cost plenty.  

Sure enough, your one of them.  And you seem to want to forget that the democrats wanted even MORE spending.  FFS look it up.  You can't constantly be this naive.  Now we have a LABOR SHORTAGE.  Do you understand what that means?  Yet, biden and the dems want to still promote college by forgiving college debt.  What the fuck do you think that will do?  Oh, probably make high school kids forget the job market and go to college to probably get some liberal arts degree, or philosophy degree that will make them useless in the real world.  Damn, can these policies pushing the welfare state be any more obvious.  Yes, Let's give out more free money to people that promote people NOT TO WORK.  It really is working out well.   I can't imagine being this out of touch with reality.

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Without question 2020 and 2021 were anomalies.  Reality is the country should have been opened up far, far sooner and this was more to do with state governors than just the federal govt.   The rhetoric coming out of DC wasn't helpful as the dems made a decision basically as a whole to treat pandemic in one way....govt control and continued govt handouts.   Red states recovered far faster and still seeing this today.   

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/politics/fact-check-biden-deficit-reduction/index.html

A smaller deficit than before – but a bigger deficit than expected

The roughly $2.8 trillion deficit in fiscal 2021, during which Biden was in office for more than eight months, was about $360 billion lower than the roughly $3.1 trillion deficit in fiscal 2020, Trump’s last full fiscal year in office.

A $360 billion decline is certainly substantial. The Congressional Budget Office, however, had estimated at the beginning of Biden’s tenure that the fiscal 2021 deficit would be a decline of more than $870 billion if the Biden administration did not implement new policy.

The Biden administration did implement new policy – notably including a massive pandemic relief package.

Marc Goldwein, senior vice president at the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, an organization that advocates deficit reduction, said in an interview that Biden’s claims about having personally reduced the deficit are “almost bizarro world,” a reversal of reality. The deficit would have fallen by much more “had President Biden come to office and not done anything,” he said.

It’s important to note that Congress has the power of the purse in the federal government. Presidents propose budgets, but Congress habitually ignores them in favor of its own spending preferences. So both blame and credit should be shared.

Goldwein said the Biden administration has “a lot of good ideas” for reducing the deficit in the future. But so far, he said, Biden has “done lots of things that have increased deficits” – from signing the pandemic relief package to signing a major bipartisan infrastructure law to boosting food stamp benefits to extending the Trump-era pandemic pause on federal student loan repayments – and has “passed no pieces of legislation to directly reduce deficits.”

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know a lot of people want to blame Trump for a lot of the spending, but the ones who do seem to have a short memory. When he got elected his job was to stimulate the economy, and he did that by reforming the tax code.  He also increased military spending, but many analysts agreed that our state of readiness had deteriorated considerably under the Obama years. Now that we are in a potential world war, it doesn’t seem like skimping on the military might be a good idea.  Trumps plan worked, the economy and stock market boomed. And then a couple years later we have the first pandemic of our lifetimes, and the world economy basically got shut down. Millions of people lost their jobs, millions of businesses were damaged or closed, and the first stimulus was a bipartisan effort to keep things afloat.  One would have thought that given all that, Biden would’ve put the brakes on the spending after the economy got back in gear. The $1.9 trillion stimulus was not needed in passed in non-bi partisan way.  Still, not much talk in Congress about reeling the spending back in, which in my opinion, if targeted correctly would stimulate the economy even more than Trump’s plan did.  Speaking of spending, the open border policy is only exacerbating things.

4.8 UE rate when he took office, never had a year on year GDP higher than 2015, had larger trade deficit than any time in the prior 8 years, farm bailout caused by Trump's tariffs, look at his 4th quarter GDP prior to the pandemic, and a manufacturing stalled too.   Given that only half of the Trump stimulus was spent in 2020, Biden's stimulus probably wasn't needed was only to gain favor with voters and it didn't work.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Sure enough, your one of them.  And you seem to want to forget that the democrats wanted even MORE spending.  FFS look it up.  You can't constantly be this naive.  Now we have a LABOR SHORTAGE.  Do you understand what that means?  Yet, biden and the dems want to still promote college by forgiving college debt.  What the fuck do you think that will do?  Oh, probably make high school kids forget the job market and go to college to probably get some liberal arts degree, or philosophy degree that will make them useless in the real world.  Damn, can these policies pushing the welfare state be any more obvious.  Yes, Let's give out more free money to people that promote people NOT TO WORK.  It really is working out well.   I can't imagine being this out of touch with reality.

Yes and you are about the only one who thinks otherwise angry ginger pointed out the difference in the money saved compared to what they got in UEB and the check the tax holiday didn't come clos. Ask Benn what helped him more.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Without question 2020 and 2021 were anomalies.  Reality is the country should have been opened up far, far sooner and this was more to do with state governors than just the federal govt.   The rhetoric coming out of DC wasn't helpful as the dems made a decision basically as a whole to treat pandemic in one way....govt control and continued govt handouts.   Red states recovered far faster and still seeing this today.   

A smaller deficit than before – but a bigger deficit than expected

The roughly $2.8 trillion deficit in fiscal 2021, during which Biden was in office for more than eight months, was about $360 billion lower than the roughly $3.1 trillion deficit in fiscal 2020, Trump’s last full fiscal year in office.

A $360 billion decline is certainly substantial. The Congressional Budget Office, however, had estimated at the beginning of Biden’s tenure that the fiscal 2021 deficit would be a decline of more than $870 billion if the Biden administration did not implement new policy.

The Biden administration did implement new policy – notably including a massive pandemic relief package.

And yet Trump said he would have spent more.  Not sure what states haven't recovered, never in my lifetime has our area been this busy, even the Trump cult admit it was never this busy here, there is far more work than workers or material to do the jobs, and people are still spending like drunken sailors.