Is it possible that THE BADGER is less retarded than Analer and Woodtick?

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

To each their own like I said, prime rib is just a name, USDA prime rib is a grade the one in the picture is USDA choice prime rib. I am not a fan of super heavy over marbled meat. Before any one jumps, like I said "To each their own"   

Figures leave it to the cheesehead.  A prime rib roast should be prime otherwise it is a choice rib roast.  Anything else is a misnomer and lie.  I understand you sell them, but either way it doesn't make it acceptable.

As for not liking marbled meat, have you had a well marbled denver, picanha, or hanger steak before?  

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Figures leave it to the cheesehead.  A prime rib roast should be prime otherwise it is a choice rib roast.  Anything else is a misnomer and lie.  I understand you sell them, but either way it doesn't make it acceptable.

As for not liking marbled meat, have you had a well marbled denver, picanha, or hanger steak before?  

You just can' live and let live, can you, 40 years in the biz I have had it all but beef feet  pork feet and pig uterus, You name it we sell it. 

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Prime is nice but not everyone can afford a $30+/lb piece of meat every day. Choice is fine especially if prepped and cooked right. 

I am selling USDA Prime Bone in Prime rib right now at $13.99 per pound, I am a distributor not a realter.  

3 hours ago, Badger** said:

You just can' live and let live, can you, 40 years in the biz I have had it all but beef feet  pork feet and pig uterus, You name it we sell it. 

I am selling USDA Prime Bone in Prime rib right now at $13.99 per pound, I am a distributor not a realter.  

You wholesale but then it's keystoned at the retailer. I'd be happy to buy a 10 pounder plus shipping for 139.90

Edited by J. Jackson

Just now, J. Jackson said:

You wholesale but then it's keystoned at the retailer. I'd be happy to buy a 10 pounder plus shipping for 139.90

You seem to be a great guy, but we would need to have a 2000 lb minimum to S.C and the freight would kill you.  :bc:

14 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I didn't ask if you sold it, but if you've eaten it.  As for the live and let live, you responded to my comment so practice what you preach.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

To each their own I say I'm not a big fan of choice tenderloin some love it, I'm more ribeye guy. Just think if all of us only like one cut off the cow then we could just throw the rest of it away. 9_9

The Spanish influence in the country consume beef tongues oxtails tripe chicken feet at an alarming rate.    

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I didn't ask if you sold it, but if you've eaten it.  As for the live and let live, you responded to my comment so practice what you preach.

27 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

18 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Ah, so you haven't tried them.  Figures.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What’s the story on Hanger Steak and best way to prepare it? 👍🏼🤷🏻

Super flavor, texturally a nice bite.  As with almost all steak a reverse sear is the best way to prepare it.  As for seasoning either a long dry brine or marinade both work well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm a meat manager lol. Rib steak or strip loin when on sale.

20220325_184325.jpg

We buy prime rib roasts for the rotisserie and the biggest one we did was 18lbs that fed 17 people one Xmas eve party. The wife and I buy alot of 2 bone roasts,cook on the rotisserie and cut them btwn the bones and get a nice thick steak each out of it. 

• Like 1

You assholes are making me hungry and it's way too early to be hungry for steak!!

And I'm just gonna say, @f7ben & @Badger** are right with a Chuck Eye Steak being damn good.  My dad taught me that years ago, and we still go that route when good ones are on the shelf.  Not that we don't go with ribeyes from time to time ... but chuck eye steaks are way underappreciated!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You assholes are making me hungry and it's way too early to be hungry for steak!!

And I'm just gonna say, @f7ben & @Badger** are right with a Chuck Eye Steak being damn good.  My dad taught me that years ago, and we still go that route when good ones are on the shelf.  Not that we don't go with ribeyes from time to time ... but chuck eye steaks are way underappreciated!!

Steak and eggs.

If you dummies aren't reverse searing your steaks you are doing it wrong. You can even reverse sear a pot roast like Ben eats and it would come out delicious and tender. 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you dummies aren't reverse searing your steaks you are doing it wrong. You can even reverse sear a pot roast like Ben eats and it would come out delicious and tender. 

I was wondering what the searing burner on my Q was for. I'll try that someday and see if I like it.

19 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

it is amazing that any of you get a moments work done during the day.

I washed the eaves, garage door, front porch, truck and took a bunch of stuff to the firepit to burn later tonight and that's working in moderation as I call it lol.