Spoiled Sports Polaris closed ...

24 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

Drove by Polaris dealer in Bowmanville and all signs are down yard is empty . Have not been  by in a while . Another one gone ....

Dave and Linda retired. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with "going out of business" as in they could no longer cut it if that is what you're alluding too? .

9 hours ago, irv said:

Dave and Linda retired. I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with "going out of business" as in they could no longer cut it if that is what you're alluding too? .

Dave has been around for as long as I can remember (Used Parts Plus I think was his previous business), so he's probably in his late 50s and ready to retire.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Dave has been around for as long as I can remember (Used Parts Plus I think was his previous business), so he's probably in his late 50s and ready to retire.

Yep, Used Parts Plus is exactly right. He didn't necessarily give that up when he opened Spoiled Sports, but, obviously, Spoiled Sports took priority over that.

I'm not trying to age the man, but I would guess maybe even early 60's now? But, then again, since I am fast approaching that age myself, maybe I'm just assuming he is already there? :)

On 5/9/2022 at 11:17 PM, irv said:

Yep, Used Parts Plus is exactly right. He didn't necessarily give that up when he opened Spoiled Sports, but, obviously, Spoiled Sports took priority over that.

I'm not trying to age the man, but I would guess maybe even early 60's now? But, then again, since I am fast approaching that age myself, maybe I'm just assuming he is already there? :)

Quite possibly. I think my brother (he's 58) knew of him in the mid 80s from his days of 4 wheeling (trucks) out @ Baldy/The Third Hole, east of Burketon.

Edited by revrnd

17 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Quite possibly. I think my brother (he's 58) knew of him in the mid 80s from his days of 4 wheeling (trucks) out @ Baldy/The Third Hole, east of Burketon.

I know that place well, Revrnd. Wish it was still active for my son to enjoy, but of course, those days are long gone. 

Baldy .JPG

Baldy 1.JPG

Baldy 2.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just now, irv said:

I know that place well, Revrnd. Wish it was still active for my son to enjoy, but of course, those days are long gone. 

Baldy .JPG

Baldy 1.JPG

Baldy 2.JPG

Great pics! I'll have to dig up some pics from Nightmare Alley which was west of there closer to Durham 57.

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Great pics! I'll have to dig up some pics from Nightmare Alley which was west of there closer to Durham 57.

I can't recall that place even though I have heard of it? Raglin pit was another good spot to go at times but, imo, nothing beat Old Baldy on a Sunday afternoon. :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, irv said:

I can't recall that place even though I have heard of it? Raglin pit was another good spot to go at times but, imo, nothing beat Old Baldy on a Sunday afternoon. :bc:

Used to sight in my rifle before the deer hunt at the Raglan Pits or Tank range as we called it. The last time that we were @ the Third Hole was about 20 years ago. Sadly after we left there was a fatal dirt bike collision where 2 collided. I think that started the end of it. As we were sitting there watching the guys running the mud, two couples in a Benz M class SUV rolled in (Mommy's ride?). I said to my brother the trails must be getting too easy if something like that can drive in. I know 1 day I drove my stock S15 from Burketon to the Pits across the Boundary Rd & there were a couple of badly rutted spots that would've been impassable (for me) if it hadn't been dry.

I know before I sold my house in Oshawa in 2011, I remember sledding thru the area & seeing all the fencing that had gone up.

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Used to sight in my rifle before the deer hunt at the Raglan Pits or Tank range as we called it. The last time that we were @ the Third Hole was about 20 years ago. Sadly after we left there was a fatal dirt bike collision where 2 collided. I think that started the end of it. As we were sitting there watching the guys running the mud, two couples in a Benz M class SUV rolled in (Mommy's ride?). I said to my brother the trails must be getting too easy if something like that can drive in. I know 1 day I drove my stock S15 from Burketon to the Pits across the Boundary Rd & there were a couple of badly rutted spots that would've been impassable (for me) if it hadn't been dry.

I know before I sold my house in Oshawa in 2011, I remember sledding thru the area & seeing all the fencing that had gone up.

I also believe some young kid climbed one of the Hydro towers and was either electrocuted or fell to his death? Each year things got crazier and crazier out there with some trying to outdo others, (or some just became more stupid) so I knew, especially based on how society was heading, that things would eventually come to an end. The Raglin pit riding ended due to lawsuits from riders and others who were no longer responsible for their actions. They sued H&K and possibly the Port Perry Township and won. 

Durham East Cross forest (Baldy) was completely closed for a few yrs or more before they finally allowed it to open back up to snowmobiling with strict guidelines and rules. I know the few times my son and friends rode through there, heading north from the south, there was always a large SUV security vehicle parked in parking lot just off what ever concession that was. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to clear things up.... Yes Spoiled Sports is still open, by appointment or by chance.   The dealership part is closed down.  We are looking at it like semi retirement.   We are still selling used  parts for polaris machines and we still have lots of new accessories and parts in stock and still doing some service work..  there just wont be anymore warranty work available from this location.  Still doing cylinder, crankshafts clutches exchanges and repairs to motors as well as rebuilding shocks and we will be doing more online and shipouts.  With Covid . .. timing was right to close it down the dealership.   New website coming soon, follow our facebook page for now for hours and weekly deals.  

Thanks to all the great customers we have had the chance to meet over the years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2