Stinkis Polaris Project - 2010 Rush 600

Figured id just start a thread as I'm familiar with the Yammies and Cats, and a little Doo but no so much Poo.  I picked up a Rush 600. Its in good shape overall and has cleaned up nice, ill add red handgaurds, red slides, higher windscreen, new 6" carbides, ext ext. Machine needs a bogie replaced, tie rods on both sides, missing a body pin or two and ill freshen up the motor and go through the entire chassis. Might need another odd and end here or there but its solid.

I do however have a question regarding the 120 rails, that seem to have been updated immediatly in 2011. My stock 120s are worn, not broke or cracked, and I might just repair them with some fabrication, but just so I know, if I bought 121 rails do I need a new 121  track? Will the 120 fit? My gut tells me no, but not sure. And I can't tell if these are the stock skis. Anyone know if they are?

20220430_153827.jpg

20220503_095819.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-132113_Gallery.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, racerdave said:

I think going from 120 to 121 you have to change drivers. Not sure though? Really don't know much about first year Rush

Pretty sure you're right, Dave.  It was the 2.86 pitch on that track vs. the more traditional 2.52.

I bet that you would be fine with either driver and either rail.  You will lose some adjustability and I am just guessing as I never converted, but the difference is rather nominal.  Overall length difference of less than 1/2" which is easily adjusted in on those adjusters.

2 hours ago, racerdave said:

I think going from 120 to 121 you have to change drivers. Not sure though? Really don't know much about first year Rush

Yes it was a 120" track

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2022 at 7:34 PM, stinkipinki said:

God damn fuckers gonna need a track 🤬

What's wrong with the track?  BTW, the 600 rush was known to have piston issues.  Usually between 3000 to 4000 miles.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, racer254 said:

What's wrong with the track?  BTW, the 600 rush was known to have piston issues.  Usually between 3000 to 4000 miles.

I am going to keep it. 
At first it looked thrashed out but its not bad at all.
I'll start ordering parts for it soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Stock skis had a few nice sized holes so got a pair of newer skis from a 18 Rush 600 after verifying fitment. Old bushings fucked so replacing those of course. Also ordered red slides and some body pins/fasteners, was missing two. Little by little i'll getter done. Next round will be tie rods and steering rack bushing, then onto the rail and left cylinder. Compression is good might just be an injector, won't know for sure till I look. Anyways fun project so far. I wiped down and touched up the nrw skis some, hard to see in the 2nd pic but they look great and will update the machines overall look.

20220904_212813.jpg

20220905_132409.jpg

20220904_212822.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rail welded/fixed, ordered 4 replacement idler wheels, h-shaft and h-shaft spacer, few bearings for a few good idlers,  top end gasket kit, got a perfect used cylinder and new spi pistion coming. Right side is perfect compression. Will start putting it back together soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pulled the motor, piece of a old ring in the bottom, it scuffed my new piston during a trial idle test! Obviously didnt know that, thought it was just the crank seal. Anyways both cylinders checked out fine, just had to hone the mag side and order another piston and complete engine gasket kit, she will purr like new, crank is tight, bearings good, cases in great shape. Also replacing the 2 AMP fuse for the multi function display, and tightened down the front engine bay guard plate, drilled out the two front holes and put bolts with lock washers then grinded off the rest. Replacing pull cord and clutch spring too, it was broke, and cleaned out the chassis good.

20221228_202443.jpg

20221228_213854.jpg

• Like 1

Rail/suspension back in. Tight as hell, gonna ride great. Machine will get new plugs too and ill run Klotz. I got about $2400 into it now, so didnt get out at 1800 or so like I wanted, but the machine will be tight and right when were done. Waiting on some last parts then the motor goes back in, and were almost done. Stock can sucked so bought an MBRP standard can, little louder then stock but no loss in HP. 

20221228_185524.jpg

20230101_144809.jpg

So, other piston had some warping near the exhaust port side of the ring, so doing both pistons now.
Here is the total tally:

2010 Rush 600
Mechanical
- 2 Brand new Body Fasteners
- Brand new Red Slides
- Used/Mint suspension H-Bracet and Brand new Left-side spacer
- 4X Brand new new Idler wheels
- 2X Brand New bearing's rear tension big wheels
- Used/Mint Left cylinder
- Brand New SPI Piston & Rings for both Cylinders
- Brand new complete engine gasket kit (Winderosa Vertex)
- 4X Brand new tie rods, (2X steering shaft/front suspension FL & FR bottom of spindle)
- 2X Brand new Rod Ends, Top of spindle both sides
- Brand new exhaust donut gasket
- Brand new NGK-R BR8ES Plugs
- Brand new pull cord
- Brand new clutch spring
- Brand new MBRP Trail Performance Muffler (+2HP/15LB lighter
- Brand new 2AMP Fuse (for the Multi-Function Display)
- 2018 Factory Polaris Ski's with good carbides
- Re-fastened front engine exhaust gaurd plate, replaced front rivets with bolts/lock washers
- Cleaned out chassis, emptied gas tank
- Fresh Klotz or AMSoil with fresh 90 non-ethanol
- Front Bumper straightened (was off just a touch but perfect now)
- Re-machined Suspension Rail with strengthed bolt holes
- Sanded Down Y-Pipe and Main Pipe-  Applied 3 Coats of Rustoleam 2000 Degree Satin Black

Edited by stinkipinki

Sled is going to look and sound great when done, better then any normal 2010.
The pics make is look like its just a redneck job but we carefully organize and built engines, I had just split the cases.
Crank was solid, tight and the cases look good, but bought a complete engine gasket kit and changed the crank seal anyways.
I'll post pics and a sound clip when its done, waiting on another piston and a few other things.

Edited by stinkipinki

Almost done! ended up with 2 new spi t-moly pistons, new dash relay, 2 amp fuse, runs great, been a hell of a project, needs some final camber adjustment with all new new tie rods and rod ends, but overall happy, total about low 2s invested, 

20230109_174906.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Project 99% complete, just needs a proper windshield.
Steering column done in black to look better, nicer factory polaris seat cover and the frogzskins on the front.
Sled is tight and right, fires up 2nd/3rd pull and idles great, pulls hard for a 600.

r13.jpg

r2.jpg

r4.jpg

r8.jpg

r10.jpg

r11.jpg

• Like 2