Hand signals??

Hand Signals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use hand signals when sledding?

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

New ones waiting?  Call it a hunch .... 🤣

image.png.fb544e38e308c9d0630fc18caab52e5b.png

Dude, I have a pair of insulated crocs. Fucking mint...Especially in the shop.

Only men that are proud of their penis size rock crocs.

36 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Dude, I have a pair of insulated crocs. Fucking mint...Especially in the shop.

Only men that are proud of their penis size rock crocs.

I've never heard that last statement before, but hey who am I to judge ... if you're proud of a 2" pecker, you rock those crocs buddy!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

Just ordered the rad lights yesterday with all this talk of signals. 100$ a pair shipped ain't a bad deal and yes I'm sure not everyone has a clue what they are for.
I am surprised sleds have not started to come with them or a least an option from the manufacturer.

https://yamaheater.com/Products.php

The lights have been around the northeast for a while. One of the bigger manufacturers gave the clubs in NH signs to put up at intersections showing what the different colors meant. I've been in VT for 7 years, so it must have been about 10 years ago now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sael said:

When I can safely give hand signals I always signal 5 to people who signal me. Let them wonder where the rest of the sleds are.:ashamed:

A couple years back, we got a guy running a large group that flashed his hand twice and held up some fingers.  Then the next person did the same minus whatever riders were in front of them until the last in the group gave the final.  When we stopped we were like....What in the total fuck!?!?!?

That was it for me....the idiocy line was breached. NO MORE HAND SIGNALS!  Ride like there is always somebody oncoming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

A couple years back, we got a guy running a large group that flashed his hand twice and held up some fingers.  Then the next person did the same minus whatever riders were in front of them until the last in the group gave the final.  When we stopped we were like....What in the total fuck!?!?!?

That was it for me....the idiocy line was breached. NO MORE HAND SIGNALS!  Ride like there is always somebody oncoming.

It's getting ridiculous with the stupid hand signals especially the fkn idiots that tell you they're the last sled. 

Just now, smokin george said:

It's getting ridiculous with the stupid hand signals especially the fkn idiots that tell you they're the last sled. 

What's even funnier is, when they aren't looking behind them and the group has gathered a bunch of riders backed up behind them as they signal, "last sled"

Just another reason this signaling technique should just stop.

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

Last year in Vermont there was still a lot of signaling, I don't have lights so I did it when it was safe.  A couple guys in the group now have lights, I'm just going to stop with the signals and enjoy the ride that much more.

As said above we would ride up on a group and the last guy in that group would be giving the "rock" to say he was the last but yet we were right behind him.

What's it look like for snow up in Orleans County?  We get the house on Jan 15th so it's getting a little scary right now.

Edited by $poorsledder$

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

I've never heard that last statement before, but hey who am I to judge ... if you're proud of a 2" pecker, you rock those crocs buddy!!! 🤣

Gotta be proud with what you have! :ashamed:

44 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Last year in Vermont there was still a lot of signaling, I don't have lights so I did it when it was safe.  A couple guys in the group now have lights, I'm just going to stop with the signals and enjoy the ride that much more.

As said above we would ride up on a group and the last guy in that group would be giving the "rock" to say he was the last but yet we were right behind him.

What's it look like for snow up in Orleans County?  We get the house on Jan 15th so it's getting a little scary right now.

Pretty much bare ground. We have about an inch of crusty snow in IP. Newark Pond and upper elevations like that have a bit more. At least this next storm is trending colder than originally forecast.

• USA Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pretty much bare ground. We have about an inch of crusty snow in IP. Newark Pond and upper elevations like that have a bit more. At least this next storm is trending colder than originally forecast.

We're over in Irasburg so I figure what ever your seeing we have as well.  Last year was the same and it ended up being a good year from mid January to mid March.

• Like 1

Just now, Cwhite138 said:

Hand signals sound like the stupidest thing I've ever heard of...

What?  Are you saying that taking one hand off of a non-traditional, tracked vehicle's steering mechanism when meeting oncoming vehicles of the like....that are prone to darting and quick directional changes due to uneven terrain is a bad idea?

Fuck off.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What?  Are you saying that taking one hand off of a non-traditional, tracked vehicle's steering mechanism when meeting oncoming vehicles of the like....that are prone to darting and quick directional changes due to uneven terrain is a bad idea?

Fuck off.

That and the idea of trying to tell some one driving by how many people are in a group... who came up with this shit. 
"dur I'm gonna look at the hands instead of watching the trail"

lets all put some fucking lights on our sled some the dumb ass' that cant drive know when they wont hit some one when they are in the middle of the trial.  Good way snake some cash out of people I guess. 

WAIT! im gonna start marketing some under glow kits in that you can change to red green or yellow to let people know where you are in the pack... along with letting people know you don't give a shit about no pack because you have under glow.  Turbo guys will love it
getting two birds stoned at once 

How about we just stay to the right and not hit any one?> 

how is knowing how many people in a group helpful? 

Edited by Cwhite138

4 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

Just ordered the rad lights yesterday with all this talk of signals. 100$ a pair shipped ain't a bad deal and yes I'm sure not everyone has a clue what they are for.
I am surprised sleds have not started to come with them or a least an option from the manufacturer.

https://yamaheater.com/Products.php

because they are gay as fuck.  People with those lights and hand signal Nazis need to kill themselves. Ride right, ride in control  :snack:  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned, lots of people with the ride lights in our area.

I don’t mind either. Only ones I laugh at are those with lights who hand signal too. Wtf ? Also, those tat hand signal on rr grades. Unm,okay...I can see all 20 of you. Feel like giving these the finger. Lolokok

Sunday, few green jackets (ticket writers) where out, so i gave fast oncomers my police light signsl, few got it, few crosseyed me. :)Whatever, I tried to warn them. :)

• Like 1

Generally I think hand signals are stupid. I see someone throw up a fist to signal no one is behind them when there's a sled right behind them all the time, and you should always ride as though there's an oncoming sled around the next turn anyway. When I'm alone or in a tight group I never use them.

That said I do throw up some fingers when I'm out front and I know my family is a couple turns back. As much as I hate hand the hand signals, I'd hate some asshole taking off and crashing into my mom because he thought I was riding alone even more.

As for people with mirrors not using them, that's my dad. At this point I'm not sure if he doesn't notice or he jsut won't swallow his pride and admit he's getting old and slow. Fortunately I use mine and I remember what it was like being stuck behind him wanting to go faster when I was a kid, so when I see there's a group of riders that want to get by while we're putting along as a family I just tell him to pull over through our communicators.

• Like 1

Mirrors are the best add on to a sled.  Got em on both sleds, wife even has a hand mirror on the back of her left glove.  Hey if it helps her ride more confidently I'm all for it.  I told her not to worry about hand signals just ride your sled.

• Like 1