Hand signals??

Hand Signals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use hand signals when sledding?

I use them most of the time, first its like 'hello' and acknowledgement.  Riding alone alot I like to drop the hand (low 5) no one is behind me then hit the gas. When I have riders behind me I only give the point back gesture.  Ass hats that don't signal and don't slow down drive me insane.... 

I don't signal at night and think the Light system should be on every sled.

side note take those extra bright lights off your sled for fuck sake, I can see the trail you dumb ass.  I have had to stop my sled before because of being blinded. :fuckoff:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I do, at times but often ride solo so a quick fisting is all they get.  At night, figure it out on your own morons.

When leading a group on a weekend when the drunks and weekend warriors are out I'll often just stand up and stop our entire group on a straightaway and let the oncoming traffic go by.  We have a lot of tight twisty/winding trails here and the last thing I need is some shit for brains piling into anyone I feel slightly responsible for in a blind turn.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2016 at 5:52 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I use them most of the time, first its like 'hello' and acknowledgement.  Riding alone alot I like to drop the hand (low 5) no one is behind me then hit the gas. When I have riders behind me I only give the point back gesture.  Ass hats that don't signal and don't slow down drive me insane.... 

I don't signal at night and think the Light system should be on every sled.

side note take those extra bright lights off your sled for fuck sake, I can see the trail you dumb ass.  I have had to stop my sled before because of being blinded. :fuckoff:

I usually don't signal and usually don't slow down.  Not sure why that bothers you but I'll make sure to keep doing it now that I know.  I usually leave my brights on all the time at night too.

And I have no idea what the light system is but you can count me out of that shit too.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I usually don't signal and usually don't slow down.  Not sure why that bothers you but I'll make sure to keep doing it now that I know.  I usually leave my brights on all the time at night too.

And I have no idea what the light system is but you can count me out of that shit too.

It would depend on the trail, if your on a 12 foot wide trail slow the fuck down for a second no need to pass by me at 75 mph.  I if its a wide rail bed have at it..

As for the bright light it seems now every pick-up truck has them too - should be banned (not talking high beam)

44 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I want to punch your avatar picture right in the neck fat

nothing personal  :)

• Thanks 1

I don’t care either way but I’m getting sick of the people with Ride Light’s still giving me hand  signals. Happens all the time btw. Wtf ?

They just have to be the one’s driving around by themselves in their car with their masks on. I saw a jogger with one once. Even funnier if you saw where I live, right cjf ? Lololo

Edited by CFM

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Same here but I do let off the fun flipper.  I let off because I'm more concerned with their panic levels and them trying to signal at the same time and want a chance to save myself!  

There are times I will signal though but for the most part.....no.  My hands are where they need to be.....ON THE GOD DAMN STEERING AND CONTROL MECHANISM.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Same here but I do let off the fun flipper.  I let off because I'm more concerned with their panic levels and them trying to signal at the same time and want a chance to save myself!  

There are times I will signal though but for the most part.....no.  My hands are where they need to be.....ON THE GOD DAMN STEERING AND CONTROL MECHANISM.  

This. 

I don’t ride at night very much if at all anymore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I am on occasion deaf in both ears... so please take that into consideration when you pass me!

2 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

I have enough business of mine to mind I don't have time to mind yours. Ride your own sled and I will ride mine.

This.  If its convenient, I will often throw one up if I'm last as a courtesy.  Throwing one up, when there are 4 guys behind you is rather silly, but I see it all the time.

The only time I'll use hand signals is if I'm leading (which is 75% of the time), and it's not even a hand signal .... it's me throwing my left hand up in the air to let my group behind me know what's coming.  We've gotten a bit slower as we get older, but there's still a lot of fun horsing around behind the leader when we ride, so just giving a heads up to the crew that someone else is coming is more important than trying to hold up X number of fingers to the oncoming sled/group.

As far as night time signals go .... that's just f'ing stupid.  If a person can't see a headlight at night, they shouldn't be riding.

Makes me wonder about the safety classes they teach now that states are starting to say keep your hand on the bars. If you remove the hand signal part of the class whats left to talk about ? Don't ride drunk and stay to the right and this is what that light on someones else's hood means.
I always thought those classes were a scam anyways unless your born before a certain date as old age makes you safe right LOL.

54 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Makes me wonder about the safety classes they teach now that states are starting to say keep your hand on the bars. If you remove the hand signal part of the class whats left to talk about ? Don't ride drunk and stay to the right and this is what that light on someones else's hood means.
I always thought those classes were a scam anyways unless your born before a certain date as old age makes you safe right LOL.

hand signals were removed over a decade ago from the class in NH.  no kid should be taking their hands off the bar.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hand signals were removed over a decade ago from the class in NH.  no kid should be taking their hands off the bar.  

Do you miss teaching the kids?  I wonder if Skip still does it?

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sometimes I do let off now too.  There was an incident before and you really can't trust people out there.

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

most people militant about hand signals are the last people that should take their hands off the bar.  

agreed

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Don't do it, that violates my terms of use

can I choke it, just a little?

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Sometimes I do let off now too.  There was an incident before and you really can't trust people out there.

didn't you get hit head on a while back?  would hand signals have helped?  

maybe we need to turn this sport up a level to weed out the weaklings...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

agreed

can I choke it, just a little?

didn't you get hit head on a while back?  would hand signals have helped?  

maybe we need to turn this sport up a level to weed out the weaklings...

giphy.gif

Yep that was the incident.  All the retards were out that day, some real gooners.  Warmer late season days seems to bring them out.  That guy had tons of time to get on his side but apparently couldn't and decided to ride right into me.  Polaris.  Probably drunk.  Guy seemed weird.  Kind of ruined trail riding for me.  All it takes is one moron, I was lucky.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yep that was the incident.  All the retards were out that day, some real gooners.  Warmer late season days seems to bring them out.  That guy had tons of time to get on his side but apparently couldn't and decided to ride right into me.  Polaris.  Probably drunk.  Guy seemed weird.  Kind of ruined trail riding for me.  All it takes is one moron, I was lucky.

It was probably Jim Ramstad ... couldn't handle the Polaris hypersled power compared to his kitty kat!! 🤣

• Haha 3